Support the SmirkinChicken when you shop at Amazon.
SmirkinChicken Forums SmirkinChicken Forums
Log Out

Forum Jump:

The Secret Board -> I just got back from the Stews Party at 1st & 10 sports-bar on Old National Hwy...

Author  
Post Reply to this thread

Michael in Lost Mt.

February 29, 2004 1:14:05 am

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

I just got back from the Stews Party at 1st & 10 sports-bar on Old National Hwy...
And where I was about the only White, Cracker-ass in in the joint.

I had a great time, & yes, Fly-Girl is all of that! Her Highness of Flyness...

I had to work a half day, then came back home to get ready for the Party, & I took a Taxi to that club from my crib, which cost me $75.00, one way.

But I didn't have a problem with that, because I wouldn't have missed this event for anything.

I met more great folks tonite than I would by trolling the bars of the idiot citizens of Cobb County for a decade. I honest-to-god can't recall meeting a greater bunch of guys & girls in many, many years. One**** of a Crew!

If you listen to the Stews show, you might hear bits of it, but it will never tell how good it was.

This event was very Special, but I won't go into the details. You either get it or you don't.

I'll probably add to this post tommorrow, after I get my wits about me.

Michael in Lost Mountain, writing this at 1AM after muchos Cocktails, & when I say muchos, I mean it.

[ PM Michael in Lost Mt. ]   Edited by Michael in Lost Mt. February 29, 2004 12:37:44 pm.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Poster

February 29, 2004 1:42:22 am

Nutsack

Location: Enjoying a slavish concern for the composition of words.
[ Link to this post ]

How drunk'd you get?

Or perhaps the better question is how drunk were you when you got there?

[ PM Poster ]   __________________
Ladies and gentlemen and JG if you'll look off the cabin to your left, you'll see a fat lady falling in a hole.

Poster

February 29, 2004 1:42:57 am

Nutsack

Location: Enjoying a slavish concern for the composition of words.
[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Michael in Lost Mt. said...
Michael in Lost Mountain, writing this muchos Cocktails, & when I say muchos, I mean it.

Couldn't this really go for any of your posts, though?

[ PM Poster ]   __________________
Ladies and gentlemen and JG if you'll look off the cabin to your left, you'll see a fat lady falling in a hole.

SebastianBlack

February 29, 2004 11:08:30 am

All-Star

[ Link to this post ]

MILM I must have missed that one! I love The Stews, although sometime they don't know what the**** they are talking about. But it is a light hearted show and they are funny ass**** to me.

SB

[ PM SebastianBlack ]   __________________

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

hockeyjerk

February 29, 2004 11:11:57 am

Roidweiser

[ Link to this post ]

quote:

Fly-Girl is all of that!

I took a Taxi to that club from my crib...

You didn't talk like that at the party did you?

[ PM hockeyjerk ]   __________________
El Prof is NOT a Democrat, and is therefore not pro-slavery.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Michael in Lost Mt.

February 29, 2004 12:28:42 pm

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Poster said...
How drunk'd you get?

Poster-It's noon Sunday & I have a pulse again.

I had about a half dozen beers at the house while getting ready, & my bar tab, including tip, ran about a Hun & a half, if that tells you anything, but I bought lots of pitchers of beer for the crew & other drinks for guys & ladies.

I was doing OK until I switched from beer to several Jack Daniels. I can mix any combinations of drinks without a problem, but the only problem is that when I drink liquor, I drink it just like beer, so it really gets you jacked in a hurry. Which is why I just don't bother to drink liquor anymore, although I like it, because it is like drinking rocket fuel.

I got there about 6 & left maybe at 12:30-1AM, so I'm sure I put away a few cocktails, but I long ago realized the futility & uselessness of "counting your drinks", from my bartending days long ago.

MILM

[ PM Michael in Lost Mt. ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Michael in Lost Mt.

February 29, 2004 12:49:35 pm

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
hockeyjerk said...
quote:

Fly-Girl is all of that!

I took a Taxi to that club from my crib...

You didn't talk like that at the party did you?

Of course the**** I did! Did you think I was going to go there & be somebody other than myself? What the**** would be the point in that?

I scramble every kind of speech under the Sun together as the mood suits me, into a gumbo-mix. For better or worse, that is one of my trademarks & part of my personal identity, arising from my life's experiences.

If you've worked with Black folks for years, & lived under the same roof with them for years, it's just part of your life. It's not like it's fake, or a put-on. It's just my life.

Finally, you can believe this & take it to the Bank! That you couldn't BS that bunch of Brothers last night at the Club by playing some phoney-ass act! If I was some kind of Pretender or Imposter, they would have done throwed my *** out of the joint head-first!

Unlike the immortal words of when Stanley first met Livingston in Africa, when I first came face to face with "Shotgun" Ryan Stewart last night, I said "Don't you even think about dissin' me! mutha' fucka'!" He didn't even have to ask my name, & gave me a big bear-hug.

Doug & Ryan treated me like long-lost family & I can't say enough about those cats.

"And I'm GONE!"

MILM

[ PM Michael in Lost Mt. ]   Edited by Michael in Lost Mt. February 29, 2004 1:10:52 pm.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Eric

February 29, 2004 12:50:49 pm

All-Star

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Of course the**** I did! Did you think I was going to go there & be somebody other than myself? What the**** would be the point in that?

I scramble every kind of speech under the Sun together as the mood suits me, into a gumbo-mix. For better or worse, that is one of my trademarks & part of my personal identity, arising from my life's experiences.

If you've worked with Black folks for years, & lived under the same roof with them for years, it's just part of your life. It's not like it's fake, or a put-on. It's just my life.

MILM

My cat's breath smells like cat food.

[ PM Eric ]   __________________
''If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free.'' - P. J. O'Rourke

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Adam12

February 29, 2004 12:54:56 pm

I suck at teh math and also at teh heterosexuality

[ Link to this post ]

AWWWW...This isn't going to about Jesus, is it?

[ PM Adam12 ]   __________________
From the outside looking in, you can't understand it. From the inside looking out, you can't explain it.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Eric

February 29, 2004 12:59:27 pm

All-Star

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Adam12 said...
AWWWW...This isn't going to about Jesus, is it?

'''...Reverend, I need to know, is God punishing me?''

''Shooh, short answer: ''Yes'' with an ''If,'' long answer: ''No'' -
with a ''But.''

My all-time favorite quote.

[ PM Eric ]   __________________
''If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free.'' - P. J. O'Rourke

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Adam12

February 29, 2004 1:06:25 pm

[ Link to this post ]

"If the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to GIRLS sports, such as hot oil wrestling, foxy boxing, and such and such."

From the outside looking in, you can't understand it. From the inside looking out, you can't explain it.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

tnabna

February 29, 2004 1:12:41 pm

4th Line Grinder

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
SebastianBlack said...
MILM I must have missed that one! I love The Stews, although sometime they don't know what the**** they are talking about. But it is a light hearted show and they are funny ass**** to me.

SB

Where have you been, SB? I haven't seen you post much lately.

[ PM tnabna ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

tnabna

February 29, 2004 1:20:49 pm

4th Line Grinder

[ Link to this post ]

quote:

I had a great time, & yes, Fly-Girl is all of that! Her Highness of Flyness...

I had to work a half day, then came back home to get ready for the Party, & I took a Taxi to that club from my crib, which cost me $75.00, one way.

But I didn't have a problem with that, because I wouldn't have missed this event for anything.

I met more great folks tonite than I would by trolling the bars of the idiot citizens of Cobb County for a decade. I honest-to-god can't recall meeting a greater bunch of guys & girls in many, many years. One**** of a Crew!

If you listen to the Stews show, you might hear bits of it, but it will never tell how good it was.

This event was very Special, but I won't go into the details. You either get it or you don't.

I'll probably add to this post tommorrow, after I get my wits about me.

Michael in Lost Mountain, writing this at 1AM after muchos Cocktails, & when I say muchos, I mean it.

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun...I wish I could have come! I'm going to the step show they're putting on in a couple of weeks. It's difficult for me to go to a lot of their remotes, but I'm making a point to support the guys this time, and fortunately the step show will fit into my schedule. I'm looking forward to it, it'll take me back to my college days!

[ PM tnabna ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Michael in Lost Mt.

February 29, 2004 1:34:28 pm

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

tnabna-I was hoping you might slide by the spot last night.

It would have been good to meet you.

I wasn't thinking much about going to the Step thang, but I might have to change my mind.

Like Vee in Lithonia/gimmesummdapp said to me, I'm not a "radio groupie" & don't make many of these gigs, but some of them are**** special enough that you really want to be there.

I think you're right, tnabna, that the Step show will be one of those Stews classics fo' sho'! It'll be "must-see" Radio!

By the way, tnabna, when I went to my first Zone Remote broadcast, they had no system where you could hear the callers into the Show-you only got to hear the Radio dudes respond to somebody you never heard!

I thought that was stupid & boring as**** & told the Zone guys they needed to address that Issue & apparently they have.

MILM

[ PM Michael in Lost Mt. ]   Edited by Michael in Lost Mt. February 29, 2004 5:27:32 pm.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Gekko

February 29, 2004 1:37:08 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
quote:
Poster said...
How drunk'd you get?

I had about a half dozen beers at the house while getting ready, & my bar tab, including tip, ran about a Hun & a half, if that tells you anything, but I bought lots of pitchers of beer for the crew & other drinks for guys & ladies.

I was doing OK until I switched from beer to several Jack Daniels. I can mix any combinations of drinks without a problem, but the only problem is that when I drink liquor, I drink it just like beer, so it really gets you jacked in a hurry. Which is why I just don't bother to drink liquor anymore, although I like it, because it is like drinking rocket fuel.

I got there about 6 & left maybe at 12:30-1AM, so I'm sure I put away a few cocktails, but I long ago realized the futility & uselessness of "counting your drinks", from my bartending days long ago.

MILM

Wow,

$75.00 cab fare from crib to the club
$150.00 in booze and tibs
Another $75.00 in cab fare from club back to crib

milm doing his version of that scene from Animal House....."Otis my main man!!"

PRICELESS!!

[ PM Gekko ]   __________________
I'm talking liquid. Enough money to have your own jet. Enough money not to waste time. Fifty, one hundred million dollars. A player.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Adam12

February 29, 2004 1:43:06 pm

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
gekko said...

Damn, that's three months of payments on his radio.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

tnabna

February 29, 2004 1:45:47 pm

4th Line Grinder

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
tnabna-I was hoping you might slide by the spot last night.

It would have been good to meet you.

I wasn't thinking much about going to the Step thang, but I might have to change my mind.

Like Vee in Lithonia/gimmesummdapp said to me, I'm not a "radio groupie" & don't make many of these gigs, but some of them are**** special enough that you really want to be there.

I think you're right, tnabna, that the Step show will be one of those Stews classics fo' sho'!

MILM

Yeah...I'm no "groupie" either, but I figure, these guys (whether it be the Stews, or the Mayhem crew, the Big Show, or the guys down the dial at 680) make my workdays a lot more bearable by giving me something lighthearted and entertaining to listen to. The least I can do is try to support them in the things they are doing. I try to make a pledge to 680's Leukemia/Lymphoma radiothon every year, and I've given to their Jingle Balls promotion during the holidays. Like I said, it's the least I can do.

Now the promotions at the Cheetah or Magic City...I'm gonna have to pass on those!

[ PM tnabna ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Michael in Lost Mt.

February 29, 2004 2:00:16 pm

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
gekko said...
quote:
quote:
Poster said...
How drunk'd you get?

MILM

Wow,

milm doing his version of that scene from Animal House....."Otis my main man!!"

PRICELESS!!

El Greco-I didn't mention it before, since it wasn't important, but since you have taken it upon yourself to become my personal accountant, I also threw $40 into the hat for the General Cause of the party. I didn't take a cab home, but Junior from Connetticut dropped me home on his way home in Woodstock, but I dropped $40 on him for "gas money".

MILM

[ PM Michael in Lost Mt. ]   Edited by Michael in Lost Mt. February 29, 2004 4:58:15 pm.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Abel

February 29, 2004 4:30:44 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:

El Greco-I didn't mention it before, since it wasn't important, but since you have taken it upon yourself to become my personal accountant, I also threw $40 into the hat for the General Cause of the party. I didn't take a cab home, but Junior from Connetticut dropped me home on his way home in Woodstock, but I dropped $40 on him for "gas money".

MILM

Mike I think its great that you went out and blew your paycheck on the Stews party. Its your freaking money, so you can blow all of it on booze, hookers, drugs, taxis, whatever. That was nice that you added $40 to the general cause. What was the general cause anyways?

[ PM Abel ]   __________________

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Michael in Lost Mt.

February 29, 2004 4:43:46 pm

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
abel said...
quote:

MILM

Mike I think its great that you went out and blew your paycheck on the Stews party. Its your freaking money, so you can blow all of it on booze, hookers, drugs, taxis, whatever. That was nice that you added $40 to the general cause. What was the general cause anyways?

Just the usual, Abe-Trying to turn all Blacks against the Jews, trying to make "The Passion" into a Jew-hating event, deciding who among us hates Bush the most, & such as that.

Speaking of "The fucking Passion", why do they have to get some Mexican named Hey-sus to be the star? We got plenty of Latin-American Jesuses & Angels playing baseball in this Country already. Why did they have to go Overseas to out-source this movie role to some Mexican named Jesus?

I'll just say this-If my only choices were to piss my money away at a great Stews party, or to donate it to Israel so they can buy guns to blow the brains out of Palestinians, it's an easy choice for me.

Yes, Abel, I've cheap-shot your ass, but you pissed me off with your post so I was stupid enough to reply in kind, for which I ain't all that proud.

Sorry you didn't take me up on my offer to join me for the Stews party, Abe.

I reckon you Republicans can't stand to attend some event that would make you question your preconceived notions about other folks-it would probably scare you shitless to actually have to evaluate & confront the basis of your Hatred & Bigotry. Besides, you might have to shake hands with a Brother & maybe you're afraid the Black will rub-off on your ass, God forbid! Maybe it would do lots of Honkeys good to have a little Black rub-off on their asses, & vice versa.

Sorry, I lost my mind for a second there, forgetting that Republicans have never had any ability to do these things, in spite of lying out of their asses & calling themselves "Uniters, not Dividers".

Unite THIS! muthafucka!

That's not for you, Abe, but for the Republican rats as a whole.

MILM

[ PM Michael in Lost Mt. ]   Edited by Michael in Lost Mt. February 29, 2004 6:46:50 pm.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Jump to page: ( 1 2  ...Last Page )
Previous Thread | Next Thread