Support the SmirkinChicken when you shop at Amazon.
SmirkinChicken Forums SmirkinChicken Forums
Log Out

Forum Jump:

The Secret Board -> Mike Vick

Author  
Post Reply to this thread

the boulder

March 31, 2009 9:23:28 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

Mike Vick
The Falcons and Vick have reached an agreement in their settlement suit. Vick will pay the Falcons between $6.5 million - $7.5 million and Atlanta can release him now. I can obviously see the reason why you just cut your losses and move on, but I also would hate to see him succeed somewhere else knowing he could've been used for something that helped the team he owed something to. It isn't like he'd have to be a quarterback anymore. He may want to be, but I'm sure he'd do anything for a good paycheck at this point. Think about it. During his entire career here, all we ever complained about was his decision making as a passer. Sure he had the arm strength, but it rarely went where it was supposed to. No one ever criticized his running ability. That's all he would have to do in Atlanta now is run. It would be fun to watch if he were to be allowed back into the NFL. But again, obviously, I understand all the other reasons why its a bad idea as well.

[ PM the boulder ]   __________________
"Limits, just like fear, is often an illusion" -Michael Jordan

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Matheos

March 31, 2009 9:30:43 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
the boulder said...
Vick will pay the Falcons between $6.5 million - $7.5 million

I hope I'm wrong, but I'll be shocked if the Falcons ever see even a fraction of that money.

Vick is a huge risk for so many reasons. I can't see him signing for big money right off the bat.

[ PM Matheos ]   __________________
it's probably not too sensible for me to get loaded while I listen to "Tooth And Nail" all by myself. But I can't deny my heart: I like to drink, and I like to rock. You think I'm an idiot? Fine. You don't have to come over.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

the boulder

March 31, 2009 9:33:32 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Matheos said...
quote:
the boulder said...
Vick will pay the Falcons between $6.5 million - $7.5 million

I hope I'm wrong, but I'll be shocked if the Falcons ever see even a fraction of that money.

Vick is a huge risk for so many reasons. I can't see him signing for big money right off the bat.

The USFL could make him their poster boy. I'm not sure how much that could get him, but it'd probably be more than an NFL team would give him fresh out of jail, with the exception of Al Davis or Dan Snyder. Had you asked me last season, I would've had Jerry Jones on that list, but apparently he got the memo and cut players who bring bad publicity.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Millwood

March 31, 2009 9:41:17 am

Top Yeap

[ Link to this post ]

I'll bet Vick can throw a baseball 95+ mph. Plus he's a lefty. Maybe he should give baseball a shot. I thought I read somewhere that a MLB team did draft him out of high school even though he didn't even play.

[ PM Millwood ]   __________________
This marble I just ate is soft, chewy and sweet. It reminds me of a gumball. - Barack Obama

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

the boulder

March 31, 2009 9:50:40 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Millwood said...
I'll bet Vick can throw a baseball 95+ mph. Plus he's a lefty. Maybe he should give baseball a shot. I thought I read somewhere that a MLB team did draft him out of high school even though he didn't even play.

If I remember correctly, he throws a baseball right handed. Throwing a football is the only thing he does left handed.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Carz

March 31, 2009 9:55:30 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

Can the Falcons get cap relief if he can't pay, but they win in court, or get a settlement?

[ PM Carz ]   __________________
Oh, like they knew the difference!

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

the boulder

March 31, 2009 9:57:53 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Carz said...
Can the Falcons get cap relief if he can't pay, but they win in court, or get a settlement?

They already got some cap relief. But as a fan, that's where I'd like to see the money go. I mean, I'm assuming that's what Arthur Blank would use the money for anyway, since he cares so much about having a good product to represent him and all.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Millwood

March 31, 2009 9:58:58 am

Top Yeap

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
the boulder said...
quote:
Millwood said...

If I remember correctly, he throws a baseball right handed. Throwing a football is the only thing he does left handed.

Something tells me you don't remember correctly. No offense of course.

[ PM Millwood ]   __________________
This marble I just ate is soft, chewy and sweet. It reminds me of a gumball. - Barack Obama

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

IPTAY FAMILY

March 31, 2009 10:01:25 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Carz said...

I thought we had a threed on here about the NFL saying that the Falcons were able to go after the money but the only way it can offer cap relief is if they actually collect it.

[ PM IPTAY FAMILY ]   __________________
It's not the heat. It's the stupidity.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

the boulder

March 31, 2009 10:05:44 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Millwood said...
quote:
the boulder said...
quote:
Millwood said...

Something tells me you don't remember correctly. No offense of course.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/54779

Michael Vick Credits Increased Passing Accuracy To Using His Right Hand

ATLANTA—Falcons quarterback Michael Vick, whose passing improved dramatically over the past two weeks as he completed 66 percent of his passes and threw for seven touchdowns, claims his newfound accuracy came from his decision to throw the ball right-handed. "I just sort of got in the habit of carrying the ball in my left hand, and I just used my right hand for stiff-arming people," said Vick, who completed a remarkable 20 of 28 passes to his pleasantly stunned receivers in the October 29 game against the Bengals. "Do you know, a lot of people mistakenly thought I was left-handed? I guess that's my fault." Vick added that his fumble against Cincinnati was due to his not knowing that it was, in fact, legal to carry the ball in both hands.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Irish Stout

March 31, 2009 10:34:02 am

All-Star

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
the boulder said...

ATLANTA—Falcons quarterback Michael Vick, whose passing improved dramatically over the past two weeks as he completed 66 percent of his passes and threw for seven touchdowns, claims his newfound accuracy came from his decision to throw the ball right-handed. "I just sort of got in the habit of carrying the ball in my left hand, and I just used my right hand for stiff-arming people," said Vick, who completed a remarkable 20 of 28 passes to his pleasantly stunned receivers in the October 29 game against the Bengals. "Do you know, a lot of people mistakenly thought I was left-handed? I guess that's my fault." Vick added that his fumble against Cincinnati was due to his not knowing that it was, in fact, legal to carry the ball in both hands.

uhhh....did you just use "The Onion" as a source? Or did I miss the :sleestack:?

[ PM Irish Stout ]   __________________
Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

the boulder

March 31, 2009 10:40:28 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
irish stout said...
quote:
the boulder said...

uhhh....did you just use "The Onion" as a source? Or did I miss the :sleestack:?

I said I read it somewhere. That's where I read it. I've heard of him using his right hand mainly before. This is just what I found that backed it. Not saying its a fact or anything.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Matheos

March 31, 2009 10:41:22 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
the boulder said...
quote:
irish stout said...
quote:
the boulder said...

I said I read it somewhere. That's where I read it. I've heard of him using his right hand mainly before. This is just what I found that backed it. Not saying its a fact or anything.

The Onion is a parody website. Nothing on that site is factual.

[ PM Matheos ]   __________________
it's probably not too sensible for me to get loaded while I listen to "Tooth And Nail" all by myself. But I can't deny my heart: I like to drink, and I like to rock. You think I'm an idiot? Fine. You don't have to come over.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

juansamuel

March 31, 2009 10:53:00 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

If only the the AHOTY voting was open.

[ PM juansamuel ]   __________________
http://atlantasairforce.tumblr.com/

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

JG

March 31, 2009 10:56:05 am

Fatty Banger

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
juanSAMUEL said...

wouldn't that be DAOTY

[ PM JG ]   __________________
CheapSeats said, "Not quote drani pout."

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

the boulder

March 31, 2009 10:56:05 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

http://morekrolik.blogspot.com/2007/07/michael-vick-rumination-in-3-acts.html

This is from a blog site. Still not legit, I know, but may be more legit than The Onion. This is from a scout.

"Vick does everything but throw right-handed. One scout who saw him throw righty said that his mechanics look more sound from that side. Something to think about."

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

IPTAY FAMILY

March 31, 2009 11:07:29 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

If I remember right, Vick was drafted by the Rockies in a very late round but it was more for athletic ability than any specific position.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

juansamuel

March 31, 2009 11:09:33 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
JG said...
quote:
juanSAMUEL said...

wouldn't that be DAOTY

What's the difference?

[ PM juansamuel ]   __________________
http://atlantasairforce.tumblr.com/

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

IPTAY FAMILY

March 31, 2009 11:09:37 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
IPTAY FAMILY said...
If I remember right, Vick was drafted by the Rockies in a very late round but it was more for athletic ability than any specific position.

Found it....he was drafted as an OF. No mention if he was the left or right fielder.

http://www.mymlbdraft.com/2000/round30/

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

JG

March 31, 2009 2:40:18 pm

Fatty Banger

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
IPTAY FAMILY said...
quote:
Carz said...

I thought we had a threed on here about the NFL saying that the Falcons were able to go after the money but the only way it can offer cap relief is if they actually collect it.

Kang just confirmed this.

[ PM JG ]   __________________
CheapSeats said, "Not quote drani pout."

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Jump to page: ( 1 2  ...Last Page )
Previous Thread | Next Thread