Support the SmirkinChicken when you shop at Amazon.
SmirkinChicken Forums SmirkinChicken Forums
Log Out

Forum Jump:

Atlanta Thrashers -> Evander Kane wants out of WPG

Author  
Post Reply to this thread

adam at work

October 27, 2011 1:30:03 pm

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

Evander Kane wants out of WPG
Though he's now denying issuing a trade demand. Winnipeg's HFBoards forum is conspicuously silent.

[ PM adam at work ]   __________________
"There are three things in life that people like to stare at...A flowing stream, a crackling fire, and a Zamboni clearing the ice."

--Charlie Brown

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

ShutUp

October 27, 2011 1:52:49 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
adam at work said...
Though he's now denying issuing a trade demand. Winnipeg's HFBoards forum is conspicuously silent.

Where did you read that? It's most likely a BS rumor. Unless he really hates playing for Noel.

[ PM ShutUp ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

TheDowman

October 27, 2011 2:09:48 pm

Nerdroach of the sea!

[ Link to this post ]

Wonder if he'd still want the trade if the Thrashers hadn't been moved.

[ PM TheDowman ]   __________________
"If there's no good reason for a law to exist, then there is a great reason for it to not exist." - H.A.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

ShutUp

October 27, 2011 2:15:06 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

Kane is overrated. The Jets should trade him while people still think he's gonna be anything more than a 3rd liner.

[ PM ShutUp ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

RoyalAir

October 27, 2011 4:34:42 pm

SheAndOnoVan's Bitch

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
shutup said...
Kane is overrated. The Jets should trade him while people still think he's gonna be anything more than a 3rd liner.

Ding ding ding.

He'll be blessed if he winds up as good as whichever Ruutu they have in Raleigh.

But hey, he's playing in Canada now... that should add, what, about 15 extra points per year?

[ PM RoyalAir ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

behind the net

October 27, 2011 5:26:38 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

Noel has been shafting him on icetime from what I hear.

[ PM behind the net ]   __________________
“A woman who wildly mismanages and bankrupts a quarter-of-a-billion-dollar campaign operation, and then blames sexism in society, will dampen the dreams of our daughters.” Maureen Dowd on Hillary Clinton 8/13

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Bongo

October 28, 2011 11:05:50 am

High-Class low-life

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
TheDowman said...
Wonder if he'd still want the trade if the Thrashers hadn't been moved.

I'd bet my life on it. Who in their right mind would have wanted to play here for Gearon and Levenson? Slava Kozlov only hung around because he enjoyed going out and not being hassled by rabid fans.

[ PM Bongo ]   __________________
"Lord, put a handle on a simple headed man."...Waylon Jennings

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

psychotyc

October 30, 2011 1:18:07 am

4th Line Grinder

[ Link to this post ]

well kanes ice time is hitting aprox 13-15 min a game max. and well he hasnt started an offensive surge sooooo.... you do the math. all though he did officially say it aint true its one of those internet media things and to not believe it until you hear it from the horses mouth.

not sure if he is gonna be used as trade bait or what but... he isnt having a great year so far.

[ PM psychotyc ]   __________________
beer is good. more beer is more good.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Inferno

October 31, 2011 2:17:26 am

Top Prospect

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
shutup said...

how is he overrated? he can hit, he can fight, he can score, he can pass, he's got speed. In 5 years he'll be a superstar in this league. Id trade anyone on the Rangers not named Henrik Lundqvist, Marc Staal, Marian Gaborik, Ryan Callahan or Brad Richards for him.

[ PM Inferno ]   __________________
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
The devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
He promised I would find a little solace
And some piece of mind
Whatever just as long as I don't feel so...

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

ShutUp

October 31, 2011 9:03:40 am

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Inferno said...
quote:
shutup said...

how is he overrated? he can hit, he can fight, he can score, he can pass, he's got speed. In 5 years he'll be a superstar in this league. Id trade anyone on the Rangers not named Henrik Lundqvist, Marc Staal, Marian Gaborik, Ryan Callahan or Brad Richards for him.

Just how many games have you seen him play? He can hit sometimes. The Matt Cookie knockout is the only good fight he's had. He certainly has speed, but he can't finish. He's a career 3rd liner. He's not going to be a superstar.

[ PM ShutUp ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Inferno

October 31, 2011 1:14:31 pm

Top Prospect

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
shutup said...
quote:
Inferno said...
quote:
shutup said...

Just how many games have you seen him play? He can hit sometimes. The Matt Cookie knockout is the only good fight he's had. He certainly has speed, but he can't finish. He's a career 3rd liner. He's not going to be a superstar.

he's a career 3rd liner? he just turned 20, and had 19/24/43 last year..thats put him right at 125th in the league in scoring. 125/30= 4...meaning on average every team has 4 players who score more than him...meaning hes ALREADY a 2nd liner at the ripe old age of 19.

he was 41st in the league in hits last year as well...so he does hit more than just "sometimes"

he was almost a 50 goal scorer in juniors so he knows how to finish. And yes, I have watched him, ive been watching him for a long time...long before he was a thrasher. Love this kid, and ive never been a Thrasher fan, so its not me being a homer...im a die hard ranger fan, but i love watching junior and NCAA hockey. Kane will be a 30 goal scorer within 2 years....40 within 5.

Little angel go away
And some piece of mind

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

ShutUp

October 31, 2011 3:18:47 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Inferno said...
quote:
shutup said...
quote:
Inferno said...
quote:
shutup said...

he's a career 3rd liner? he just turned 20, and had 19/24/43 last year..thats put him right at 125th in the league in scoring. 125/30= 4...meaning on average every team has 4 players who score more than him...meaning hes ALREADY a 2nd liner at the ripe old age of 19.

he was 41st in the league in hits last year as well...so he does hit more than just "sometimes"

he was almost a 50 goal scorer in juniors so he knows how to finish. And yes, I have watched him, ive been watching him for a long time...long before he was a thrasher. Love this kid, and ive never been a Thrasher fan, so its not me being a homer...im a die hard ranger fan, but i love watching junior and NCAA hockey. Kane will be a 30 goal scorer within 2 years....40 within 5.

Scoring in juniors or the minors does not translate into scoring in the NHL. A lot of people on message boards think Kane is going to be a superstar. I disagree, I just don't see it. I think he'll be a solid 3rd liner, with the potential to fill in on the 2nd line if needed. Sure, he's had some nice goals and some good plays, but most decent players make the highlight reel from time to time.

And his numbers last year were good, but most everyone had good numbers as a result of the first 3 months when the Thrashers were playing well. Hell, Ladd had 50+ points, and he sucks! Take a look at Kane's game-by-game stats from January on, and get back to me. Superstars find ways to score at all levels, even when the team is struggling. Kane does not do that.

[ PM ShutUp ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Inferno

November 1, 2011 1:02:20 am

Top Prospect

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
shutup said...
quote:
Inferno said...
quote:
shutup said...
quote:
Inferno said...
quote:
shutup said...

Scoring in juniors or the minors does not translate into scoring in the NHL. A lot of people on message boards think Kane is going to be a superstar. I disagree, I just don't see it. I think he'll be a solid 3rd liner, with the potential to fill in on the 2nd line if needed. Sure, he's had some nice goals and some good plays, but most decent players make the highlight reel from time to time.

And his numbers last year were good, but most everyone had good numbers as a result of the first 3 months when the Thrashers were playing well. Hell, Ladd had 50+ points, and he sucks! Take a look at Kane's game-by-game stats from January on, and get back to me. Superstars find ways to score at all levels, even when the team is struggling. Kane does not do that.

January: 5GP 1 G 2A 3P Over 82: 49 pt pace
February: 11GP 4G 4A 8P Over 82: 60 pt pace
March: 14GP 1G 5A 6P Over 82: 35 pt pace
April: 5GP 1G 1A 2P Over 82: 33 pt pace

He had 43 pts last year, so his numbers over these 4 months are fairly close to what his final stats ended up being when extrapolated. March & April were a bit lower, February was much higher. January was a little bit higher.

Oh, and did I mention he was 19 years old when doing that? What were you doing at the age of 19? Im sure it wasnt playing in the NHL scoring more points than guys like Tim Connolly, Michael Ryder, Devon Setoguchi, Mike Knuble, David Booth, James Van Riemsdyk, Mason Raymond, Tomas Holmstrom, Evgeni Malkin (granted, he was injured), Milan Michalek, Wayne Simmonds, etc.

Little angel go away
And some piece of mind

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

ShutUp

November 1, 2011 5:43:38 am

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

Holy shit...this is HF Boards material.

Those guys aren't superstars and scoring slightly more points than non-superstar, 2nd and 3rd line, players doesn't prove Kane will be a superstar.

[ PM ShutUp ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Inferno

November 1, 2011 2:56:37 pm

Top Prospect

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
shutup said...

Those guys aren't superstars and scoring slightly more points than non-superstar, 2nd and 3rd line, players doesn't prove Kane will be a superstar.

at 19 years old to be scoring more than those guys, certainly points to him not being just a 3rd liner.

Little angel go away
And some piece of mind

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

ShutUp

November 1, 2011 7:54:38 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Inferno said...
quote:
shutup said...

at 19 years old to be scoring more than those guys, certainly points to him not being just a 3rd liner.

Yes, it points to him being a really good 3rd liner with 2nd line potential.

It certainly doesn't point to him being a future superstar!

[ PM ShutUp ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Inferno

December 4, 2011 12:50:49 am

Top Prospect

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
shutup said...
quote:
Inferno said...
quote:
shutup said...

Evander Kanes numbers so far this season:
24GP 12 7 19P

6th in the NHL in Goals playing with a pretty shitty team being centered by the likes of Kyle Welwood and Nik Antropov.
not bad for a 20 year old. not bad at all.

Little angel go away
And some piece of mind

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

AMike

December 4, 2011 11:04:27 am

I give bad gambling advice

[ Link to this post ]

I don't know if I would call the Jets shitty. They are .500 which is a miracle considering how shaky they looked at the beginning of the season.

[ PM AMike ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Bongo

December 5, 2011 8:17:39 am

High-Class low-life

[ Link to this post ]

As of today, they are 3rd in the SE and only 6 points behind 1st place Florida. While I share everyone's bitterness and hate for how this all went down, I don't want to see this team fail. Quite the opposite. Now that they are no longer tethered by ASG and their toady Don Waddell, I want to see this team take off. I also can't let the fact that their current fanbase has the maturity level of a 6 year old, prevent me from enjoying their success if and when it finally comes.

[ PM Bongo ]   __________________
"Lord, put a handle on a simple headed man."...Waylon Jennings

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

ShutUp

December 5, 2011 8:45:43 am

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Inferno said...
quote:
shutup said...
quote:
Inferno said...
quote:
shutup said...

Evander Kanes numbers so far this season:
24GP 12 7 19P

6th in the NHL in Goals playing with a pretty shitty team being centered by the likes of Kyle Welwood and Nik Antropov.
not bad for a 20 year old. not bad at all.

Yea, I noticed his scoring picked up quite a bit after my last post. Figures...

[ PM ShutUp ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Jump to page: ( 1 2  3  ...Last Page )
Previous Thread | Next Thread