Support the SmirkinChicken when you shop at Amazon.
SmirkinChicken Forums SmirkinChicken Forums
Log Out

Forum Jump:

Atlanta Thrashers -> NHL Hockey in Atlanta - 2 years removed

Author  
Post Reply to this thread

EstimatedProphet

May 7, 2013 11:28:00 am

All-Star

[ Link to this post ]

NHL Hockey in Atlanta - 2 years removed
So. Do you miss it? Do you still watch it? Do you still care? I can honestly say that I haven't watched more than 5 minutes. I ask myself how did I get so involved in the first place only to not give a **** currently. I still ask myself WTF just happened? And how are there still 2 teams in Florida? If the NHL came back tomorrow, what would your reaction be? I may honestly not care. I dont really go back to this board, but I guess I just got philosophical.

[ PM EstimatedProphet ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

COUSIN ELVIS

May 13, 2013 6:27:01 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

I CANT TO RELATE TO IT AS A THRASHERS FAN EP, BUT I SAW THE RAIDERS, NORDIQUES AND THEN EXPOS MOVE AWAY FROM ME. SO BY THE TIME ABOUT 2 YEARS PASSED AFTE THE EXPOS MOVED, I WAS SICK AND TIRED OF PRO SPORTS AND ALL THE BS AROUND IT, SWITCHED TO COLLEGE ONLY AND NEVER LOOKED BACK NOW. EFF THE NFL, MLB, AND THE NHL.

I MITE WATCH SOME NBA PLAYOFFS NOW AND THEN JUST FOR KICKS, BUT I TAKE WRESTLING MORE SERIOUS THEN I DO NBA.

[ PM COUSIN ELVIS ]   __________________
http://twitter.com/COUSINELVIS
"Do you guys have room for me in lala land??" MILLWOOD ON 16MAR10

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Green Hornet

May 15, 2013 6:17:45 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

Miss it every day, especially now during the playoffs, when I think back to 2007 and what could've been from that point.

I admit, I don't care as much as I did when we had a team, but I still care. It's hard to care as much when you don't have your own team from your own home town that you can be emotionally invested in.

But call me a sucker if you must, but if it came back tomorrow, I'd be right back on board. It's still the highest level of the greatest sport on earth, dammit. The best of the best.

[ PM Green Hornet ]   __________________
Let's roll, Kato!!!!

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

EstimatedProphet

May 24, 2013 2:35:44 pm

All-Star

[ Link to this post ]

I stopped caring even about the Islanders which was my team growing up. It's more deep rooted with me and I don't care about the NHL at all. I'm over 50 now. My childhood has been lost. I have no interest in another team moving here... and wearing a team sweater.

[ PM EstimatedProphet ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

fireball

May 25, 2013 7:12:44 pm

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

If we had an ownership & management group that cared, really cared, about the sport, then yeah, I'd be back into it. But since it left, I haven't paid it any attention. I will still wear Thrashers stuff occasionally...because what else am I supposed to do with this closet full of stuff?

On the other hand.....it's a whole lot of time & money that I otherwise wouldn't have had!

[ PM fireball ]   __________________
Dave Barry for President
Yes, of the United States

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

EstimatedProphet

May 30, 2013 4:57:53 pm

All-Star

[ Link to this post ]

I threw everything away including sweaters. I believe all I have is a #17 signed puck and maybe a #18. I have a framed 16x20 Kovalchuk photo i won in a silent raffle in 2003 still hanging. Alot of time, effort, money wasted.

[ PM EstimatedProphet ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

COUSIN ELVIS

May 30, 2013 8:24:44 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

ID HEARD THAT THERE WAS GONNA BE A BIG GAME 7 FOR THE SHARKS AND FIGURED ID WATCH AFTER I GOT THE KIDS IN BED. (4 YEARS OLD SO THEY STILL GO TO BED EARLY)

I MADE IT DOWN TO TURN THE TV ON A LITTLE AFTER 8 AND THEY WERE ALREADY SHAKING HANDS. THEY MUSTA STARTED THE GAME AT 5 LOCAL TIME. NO WONDER NOBODY CARES OUT HERE.

[ PM COUSIN ELVIS ]   __________________
http://twitter.com/COUSINELVIS
"Do you guys have room for me in lala land??" MILLWOOD ON 16MAR10

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Previous Thread | Next Thread