Support the SmirkinChicken when you shop at Amazon.
SmirkinChicken Forums SmirkinChicken Forums
Log Out

Forum Jump:

Atlanta Thrashers -> Ok, just to clarify the way things generally are around here...

Author  
Post Reply to this thread

Poster

February 8, 2003 1:02:35 pm

Nutsack

Location: Enjoying a slavish concern for the composition of words.
[ Link to this post ]

Ok, just to clarify the way things generally are around here...
Yes, this is mostly unmoderated. Yes, you can sling insults back and forth at each other.

For example, if I want to call thrasherville an itty bitty goat-loving jerk, then I can.

If he wants to cll me a semi-literate simian asshat, he can.

But that's mainly because we know each other, and have known each other for 2+ years.

The problem recently has been people who don't know anyone coming around and slinging insults.

It's kind of like the way you can say things to your brother // sister / whatever tht you wouldn't say to anyone else. Because you know them, and you know what you can get away with, and what you can't.

Just don't expect to be able to come in here, and be able to insult everyone right away. Most of us have been posting together for years now, and even if we've never met, have a good idea what is fair game, and what's off-limits.

For example, you'll rarely see someone asy the same kinds of things to say...Thrashtress that they'd say to minotauro.

So just take some time, learn who you can get away with saying what to, and you'll be fine. Don't expect to log in, call Screamin' Jen a bitch, or something, and then go out and have beers later.

[ PM Poster ]   __________________
Ladies and gentlemen and JG if you'll look off the cabin to your left, you'll see a fat lady falling in a hole.

Poster

February 8, 2003 1:08:01 pm

Nutsack

[ Link to this post ]

To clarify my reasons for posting this:

Some of the people from the "other" board came over here and said that we did nothing but sling negativity around. And they expe4cted to be able to come around and say whatever they wanted, and have everything be ok.

There's a difference between me saying "lollerz, daddyman, attorneys all suck you bunch of blood sucking leech fags. wanna hang out at the next game, you dirtball attorney?" and someone that doesn't know him saying "Bah. I hate attorneys. You guys are just a bunch of blood sucking leeches."

Ladies and gentlemen and JG if you'll look off the cabin to your left, you'll see a fat lady falling in a hole.

hockeyjerk

February 8, 2003 1:31:19 pm

Roidweiser

[ Link to this post ]

Nazi!!!!

[ PM hockeyjerk ]   __________________
El Prof is NOT a Democrat, and is therefore not pro-slavery.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

thrashin

February 8, 2003 1:52:03 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

As your attorney of record hasn't Daddyman warned you about such an obvious double or triple standard. I am also worried about my having a similar interest as an attorney (The Trashers) unless of course he doesn't do criminal cases. Oh yeah who cares what those who come here and perform hit and runs (or get hit and then run) think about this board. I have all but quit posting or lurking on other boards because of the freedom of this board and would be willing to bet (but not a lot) that the same is true for most posters (not the Poster) that have spent any serious time following this board.

[ PM thrashin ]   __________________
You have to be careful because you only have 1*

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Section119

February 8, 2003 2:10:27 pm

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

Mmmmmm, okay!

[ PM Section119 ]   __________________
The government can not give to anybody anything the government does not first take from somebody else.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Poster

February 8, 2003 3:17:14 pm

Nutsack

[ Link to this post ]

Er, except clambake. He's just ornery, and he means it.

clambake

February 8, 2003 3:46:46 pm

Ass Hamster

[ Link to this post ]

Fuck you, dickwad.

Sushi?

[ PM clambake ]   __________________
In my day we didn't ask why the chicken crossed the road. Somebody told us the chicken crossed the road, and that was good enough.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

CheapSeats

February 8, 2003 6:19:05 pm

Miss Stake

[ Link to this post ]

In all seriousness, you might want to put something like this in the signup process as at least a click thru.

[ PM CheapSeats ]   __________________
72 DO:{JHOPJHINS GREASTTEST TEWAM EVER MOTHER CFUCKERS!!!!
- Mangoholico

Spell check is the drunk man's penis pump. - Boatdrinks

We do not support government bailouts of private institutions. GOP 2008 platform

Poster

February 8, 2003 8:28:38 pm

Nutsack

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
clambake spouted this nonsense...
Fuck you, dickwad.

Sushi?

Assfucking goatblower.

Sure, what day?

clambake

February 8, 2003 10:21:08 pm

Ass Hamster

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Poster spouted this nonsense...
quote:
Fuck you, dickwad.

Sushi?

Assfucking goatblower.

Sure, what day?

Smegmalicking chickensucker.

I'll have my girl call your girl on Monday.

In my day we didn't ask why the chicken crossed the road. Somebody told us the chicken crossed the road, and that was good enough.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

ThrasherDan

February 9, 2003 1:45:39 am

Trash-can Dan

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
CheapSeats spouted this nonsense...
In all seriousness, you might want to put something like this in the signup process as at least a click thru.

Maybe so, but I say **** 'em if they can't take a joke. And just who the**** reads the disclaimers when they sign up for internet stuff anyway? I meant besides you, Thrashtress.

[ PM ThrasherDan ]   __________________

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

aquarabbit

February 9, 2003 10:15:45 am

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:

I have to agree with this. I don't know if it would do much good, but it's worth a shot.

[ PM aquarabbit ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

clambake

February 9, 2003 11:07:41 am

Ass Hamster

[ Link to this post ]

Back on subject. Instead of semi-annually posting like this, how about you and the so-called moderators do whatever the**** it is that you think a moderator is supposed to do. If we don't like it, which is unlikely, we have alternatives.

These 'Okay, let me set the rules straight on moderation' posts don't seem to have their intended effect as evidenced by this thread and it's predecessor, Assmunch.

As for the flaming that brought about this thread in the first place, I think you're overreacting. Anybody that shows up here guns ablazing will get their whatfor. It never lasts long. And they always end up leaving or coming around.

So how about if we do what we want, you kick us in the nuts if you think we deserve it and we'll either suck it up or crawl back in our hole? Fair enough, assmunch?

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Screamin Jen

February 9, 2003 11:47:30 am

Panache

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
you kick us in the nuts if you think we deserve it

Just like I used to do in elementary school to the little jerks who used to try to pull me off the merry-go-round...right on!!

[ PM Screamin Jen ]   __________________
Shoepolish says I'm the Goddess of Love and Beer and I'm okay with that.

Shannonie

February 9, 2003 12:09:26 pm

Board Turdmeister

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Instead of semi-annually posting like this, how about you and the so-called moderators do whatever the**** it is that you think a moderator is supposed to do.

I'd like to see some discussion on this.

I like the hands-off approach that I've seen so far. If moderation needs to occur, I think it should be for specific reason(s).

What, in your opinion, warrants a moderator stepping in?

[ PM Shannonie ]   __________________
When people show you who they truly are, believe them. The first time!

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

CheapSeats

February 9, 2003 3:37:09 pm

Miss Stake

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Shannonie spouted this nonsense...
quote:
Instead of semi-annually posting like this, how about you and the so-called moderators do whatever the**** it is that you think a moderator is supposed to do.

I'd like to see some discussion on this.

I like the hands-off approach that I've seen so far. If moderation needs to occur, I think it should be for specific reason(s).

What, in your opinion, warrants a moderator stepping in?

That would imply that we have some community standards. If we must have such a thing, how about "act like an adult in a sports bar". You can talk a lot of loud stupid**** but only if you're a regular, are paying for drinks or are packing the mental**** to support your opinions.

I'd opine that last week actually worked just about right. Some folks came in our bar (poster just keeps the lights on) talking a bunch of**** that would have gotten them thrown out (or beat down in the parking lot) some of them were run off verbally and some who sat and talked decided that we weren't all clownboats and sat down for a beer. If there are more regulars here after a dustup, I think it's a safe bet all is right with the world.

Mino's willingness to change the fickle finger of fuck-you once someone tossed out a good reason to do so is a good example of self-policing by adults.

[ PM CheapSeats ]   __________________
72 DO:{JHOPJHINS GREASTTEST TEWAM EVER MOTHER CFUCKERS!!!!
- Mangoholico

Spell check is the drunk man's penis pump. - Boatdrinks

We do not support government bailouts of private institutions. GOP 2008 platform

Rasp

February 9, 2003 7:12:48 pm

Floppy

[ Link to this post ]

quote:

Mino's willingness to change the fickle finger of fuck-you once someone tossed out a good reason to do so is a good example of self-policing by adults.

Great Glub! Bringing up Mino's behavior as an example of good adult behavoir?

I think someone needs to be cut off, bartender...

However, I think the self-policing bit seems to be working.

[ PM Rasp ]   __________________
"Staple guns: Because duct tape can't make that 'kaCHUNK' noise." -xkcd

cws

February 9, 2003 11:28:12 pm

Tool

[ Link to this post ]

In the short time I've been around here, the self-policing aspect mentioned seems to work quite well. Which is a pretty unique occurance when talking about a message board on the internet, not to mention one that is as unrestricted as this.

Poster mentioned a big reason why. A lot of you have been posting together for quite a while and have gotten to know each other well. You've become a tight-knit unit and you genuinely like the direction this board is taking. Others who like the feel (or vibe or whatever you want to call it) of this board are welcomed. Ones who come in just to stir up trouble get the message pretty**** quick that they aren't welcome because the regulars don't want to see a good thing turn bad.

I have the feeling that if someone or something needs to be moderated on this board, it will be fairly evident. The smaller squabbles will be filtered out and disposed of by the posters (not poster). As long as we all stay mature and adult about it (which won't be a problem), it should turn out just fine.

Just my take.

[ PM cws ]   __________________
ôHere's to alcohol: the cause of, and answer to, all of life's problems.ö

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

fickelchook

February 9, 2003 11:31:10 pm

StrongBad's Little Sister

[ Link to this post ]

Amen, my brother

[ PM fickelchook ]   __________________
Suck it down

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

clambake

February 10, 2003 8:12:05 am

Ass Hamster

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
cwsieben spouted this nonsense...
As long as we all stay mature and adult about it (which won't be a problem), it should turn out just fine.

A board run by Poster that includes mino, T-ville, Rasp, btn, me, etc. Your comment was a joke, right? The novelty of this board is that anyone can act just as immature and childish as humanly possible and still be accepted for the jackass they really are- not the other way around.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Jump to page: ( 1 2  ...Last Page )
Previous Thread | Next Thread