Support the SmirkinChicken when you shop at Amazon.
SmirkinChicken Forums SmirkinChicken Forums
Log Out

Forum Jump:

The Secret Board -> Question

Author  
Post Reply to this thread

Po

November 4, 2005 10:53:50 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
wawel said...
quote:
Po said...
My question about the registration...just how many new users do we have a day where that creates such a problem?? In the hours you spend chasing Shane down...those same hours could be used to rewrite the registration. Now granted, if Pdizzle just doesn't want to do it period, that's understandable...but to equate to simply a time consumption issue, seems a lil weak.

or you could stop responding but for some reason, most people don't understand that.

"Show me" where I responded to a Shane post since his banning?

[ PM Po ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

wawel

November 4, 2005 10:54:54 pm

Then again what would I know? All the girls I know have .jpg in their name.

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Po said...
quote:
wawel said...
quote:
Po said...
My question about the registration...just how many new users do we have a day where that creates such a problem?? In the hours you spend chasing Shane down...those same hours could be used to rewrite the registration. Now granted, if Pdizzle just doesn't want to do it period, that's understandable...but to equate to simply a time consumption issue, seems a lil weak.

or you could stop responding but for some reason, most people don't understand that.

I didn't mean "you" po, just you in general.

[ PM wawel ]   __________________
Cheapseats - C U Next Tuesday. anonyms.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Po

November 4, 2005 10:59:07 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
wawel said...
quote:
Po said...
quote:
wawel said...
quote:
Po said...

I didn't mean "you" po, just you in general.

O...well then this is the obligatory response post then. Carry on.

[ PM Po ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Abel

November 4, 2005 11:08:09 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Octavius said...

A solution that I thought had been decided on was a process for registering user names (wait on an email etc.)

Octo what a GREAT solution. I know someone who has a board and you need an email before posting. Who's board does that? Oh yeah its Shane. Funny how Shane's board has more security that this one.

[ PM Abel ]   __________________

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

CheapSeats

November 5, 2005 7:35:08 am

Miss Stake

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
abel said...
quote:
Octavius said...

A solution that I thought had been decided on was a process for registering user names (wait on an email etc.)

Octo what a GREAT solution. I know someone who has a board and you need an email before posting. Who's board does that? Oh yeah its Shane. Funny how Shane's board has more security that this one.

Poster wrote the code for this from scratch. Shane is using an application that was already developed. This bord didn't really need tight registration security until it started being abused.

PO, as for the time waste - If you can talk Poster into spending the time to re-work registration, go for it. I think he's made it clear that he's washing his hands of the 790 board.

[ PM CheapSeats ]   __________________
72 DO:{JHOPJHINS GREASTTEST TEWAM EVER MOTHER CFUCKERS!!!!
- Mangoholico

Spell check is the drunk man's penis pump. - Boatdrinks

We do not support government bailouts of private institutions. GOP 2008 platform

Mango

November 5, 2005 8:06:15 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
CheapSeats said...
hopefully**** like last weekends' mess won't happen again.

What exactly happened last weekend?

[ PM Mango ]   __________________
$550 + $100 = The ATM is my bitch.
http://forums.smirkinchicken.com/thread.php?threadid=58108&pagenum=2&forumid=79#928174

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

CheapSeats

November 5, 2005 8:27:09 am

Miss Stake

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Mango said...
quote:
CheapSeats said...
hopefully**** like last weekends' mess won't happen again.

What exactly happened last weekend?

A handfull of new accounts with were created with offensive/racist user names and posted really offensive garbage all over the 790 board. It was special.

I started to clean it up, and decided that I'd rather go to bed than waste 30 minutes deleting racist/homophobic garbage and posted a "just kill it Poster" thread. Jenn cleaned it up the next morning.

It looks like last night all we got was a handful of "mods are doody heads" posts from wawel, but shane already created two new shane accounts this morning.

- Mangoholico

We do not support government bailouts of private institutions. GOP 2008 platform

Screamin Jen

November 5, 2005 8:27:24 am

Panache

[ Link to this post ]

A couple/few folks who apparently are not normal posters registered some highly offensive user names and proceeded to fill a page and a half with some pretty ugly shit. It took me over an hour last Saturday morning to delete it all.

[ PM Screamin Jen ]   __________________
Shoepolish says I'm the Goddess of Love and Beer and I'm okay with that.

Mango

November 5, 2005 8:58:16 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Screamin Jen said...
A couple/few folks who apparently are not normal posters registered some highly offensive user names and proceeded to fill a page and a half with some pretty ugly shit.

Somebody probably put them up to it. Probably a particular somebody who is "fed up" with the board. Just a thought. It fits.

[ PM Mango ]   __________________
$550 + $100 = The ATM is my bitch.
http://forums.smirkinchicken.com/thread.php?threadid=58108&pagenum=2&forumid=79#928174

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

AMike

November 5, 2005 9:21:05 am

I give bad gambling advice

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Mango said...
quote:
Screamin Jen said...
A couple/few folks who apparently are not normal posters registered some highly offensive user names and proceeded to fill a page and a half with some pretty ugly shit.

Somebody probably put them up to it. Probably a particular somebody who is "fed up" with the board. Just a thought. It fits.

Or maybe someone who is trying to get this board shut down and drive posters (not Poster) to a certain other vacant place...

[ PM AMike ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Po

November 5, 2005 9:38:13 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
CheapSeats said...
PO, as for the time waste - If you can talk Poster into spending the time to re-work registration, go for it. I think he's made it clear that he's washing his hands of the 790 board.

Cheap, you missed the point. Again, if P-double-dizzle is fed up for whatever reasons, then I will not be the one to try to convince him otherwise. What you made sound is that the ONLY reason Pdizzle has not changed it is simply due to lack of time. Al I'm saying is that the 30 mins you've spent, the over an hour Jen spent spring cleaning this place could have been 1:30 mins of rewriting. If Pdizzle doesn't want to to change it, leave at that, and leave the whole time aspect out of it.

[ PM Po ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

CheapSeats

November 5, 2005 9:43:25 am

Miss Stake

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Po said...
Cheap, you missed the point.

indeed I did. Yeah, I think he's slap tired of it.

- Mangoholico

SebastianBlack

November 5, 2005 12:16:37 pm

All-Star

[ Link to this post ]

Maybe this is too simple, but why not just put Shane..MAC on ignore?

[ PM SebastianBlack ]   __________________

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Jump to page: ( 1  2 )
Previous Thread | Next Thread