Support the SmirkinChicken when you shop at Amazon.
SmirkinChicken Forums SmirkinChicken Forums
Log Out

Forum Jump:

The Secret Board -> Question

Author  
Post Reply to this thread

«

November 4, 2005 5:05:14 pm

Jr. Prospect

[ Link to this post ]

Question
Why hasn't Shane's IP been banned? I mean could we please be spared from the onslaught of Mac48's, 49's and so on that keep registering, and registering??

ADMIN'S, PLEASE DO SOMETHING!

[ PM « ]   __________________
«

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Octavius

November 4, 2005 5:08:14 pm

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

From what has been pushed about... there are ways around that and it may block other posters (but not Poster I would imagine.)

A solution that I thought had been decided on was a process for registering user names (wait on an email etc.)

[ PM Octavius ]   __________________
"Go tell the Spartans, thou that passest by;
that here, obedient to their laws, we lie."

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

King Piast

November 4, 2005 5:09:24 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

you boys keep falling for it bravo. keep up the good work.

[ PM King Piast ]   __________________
Word.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

CheapSeats

November 4, 2005 5:13:14 pm

Miss Stake

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
« said...
Why hasn't Shane's IP been banned? I mean could we please be spared from the onslaught of Mac48's, 49's and so on that keep registering, and registering??

Banning his ip has to be done manually on the server (i.e. Poster has to do it) and he's figured out the trick of unplugging his cable modem to get a new ip address.

Poster could ban the entire ip range but that would wipe out a bunch of comcast (or whatever) users. Shane has also posted after connecting to open wifi routers on entirely different systems.

Poster could re-write the registration system, but that would take several hours and I don't think Poster has any intention of spending the time to do so.

Unless anyone minds, I'm going to just nuke every thread that he creates. I have to do it by deleting every post in the thread one at a time, so it's tedious and that means deleting posts by non-banned users. But it's friggin stupid to have super cop polluting SC.

[ PM CheapSeats ]   __________________
72 DO:{JHOPJHINS GREASTTEST TEWAM EVER MOTHER CFUCKERS!!!!
- Mangoholico

Spell check is the drunk man's penis pump. - Boatdrinks

We do not support government bailouts of private institutions. GOP 2008 platform

King Piast

November 4, 2005 5:14:32 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

I mind. It's funny watching you two little boys chasing after him.

Word.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Kwan

November 4, 2005 5:15:22 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
CheapSeats said...
quote:
« said...

Banning his ip has to be done manually on the server (i.e. Poster has to do it) and he's figured out the trick of unplugging his cable modem to get a new ip address.

Poster could ban the entire ip range but that would wipe out a bunch of comcast (or whatever) users. Shane has also posted after connecting to open wifi routers on entirely different systems.

Poster could re-write the registration system, but that would take several hours and I don't think Poster has any intention of spending the time to do so.

Unless anyone minds, I'm going to just nuke every thread that he creates. I have to do it by deleting every post in the thread one at a time, so it's tedious and that means deleting posts by non-banned users. But it's friggin stupid to have super cop polluting SC.

Are you saying that if we reply to his posts, it makes it harder to delete the post?

[ PM Kwan ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

«

November 4, 2005 5:15:55 pm

Jr. Prospect

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
CheapSeats said...
quote:
« said...

Where the**** did he learn how to do that? I thought he was a stupid-ass, that married fat chicks?

Okay, that last one was uncalled for, but I am fed up with this 'Forums Retard'.

FED UP.

«

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

King Piast

November 4, 2005 5:16:29 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Kwan said...
quote:
CheapSeats said...
quote:
« said...

Are you saying that if we reply to his posts, it makes it harder to delete the post?

exactly. but unfortunately we've got a lot of idiots on this board, including the two dumbfucks in charge of the shit, Rasp and that other one.

Word.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

«

November 4, 2005 5:17:15 pm

Jr. Prospect

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Kwan said...
quote:
CheapSeats said...
quote:
« said...

I think that that's exactly what he is saying. Okay people, you know what to do. Or in this case, what NOT to do.

«

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

CheapSeats

November 4, 2005 5:21:22 pm

Miss Stake

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
« said...
quote:
Kwan said...

I think that that's exactly what he is saying. Okay people, you know what to do. Or in this case, what NOT to do.

Yup. I popped his last one before anyone else replied. But attention is pretty much what the shanes and wawels of the world want.

As long as a mod is around to delete him crapping up the board we can deal with the lack of a tighter registration system - hopefully**** like last weekends' mess won't happen again.

[ PM CheapSeats ]   __________________
72 DO:{JHOPJHINS GREASTTEST TEWAM EVER MOTHER CFUCKERS!!!!
- Mangoholico

Spell check is the drunk man's penis pump. - Boatdrinks

We do not support government bailouts of private institutions. GOP 2008 platform

Kwan

November 4, 2005 5:24:38 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
CheapSeats said...
quote:
« said...
quote:
Kwan said...

Yup. I popped his last one before anyone else replied. But attention is pretty much what the shanes and wawels of the world want.

As long as a mod is around to delete him crapping up the board we can deal with the lack of a tighter registration system - hopefully**** like last weekends' mess won't happen again.

Why not stick a note up top asking us not to reply to him.

[ PM Kwan ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

King Piast

November 4, 2005 5:25:07 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
CheapSeats said...

But attention is pretty much what the shanes and wawels of the world want.

Laffo!!!Who started this thread after everything had died down? Honey, honey, put that knife down!

http://forums.smirkinchicken.com/thread.php?threadid=37202&forumid=79

Word.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Screamin Jen

November 4, 2005 7:58:34 pm

Panache

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
King Piast said...
quote:
CheapSeats said...

Laffo!!!Who started this thread after everything had died down? Honey, honey, put that knife down!

And you don't have the capability to just ignore it and move on, do you?

[ PM Screamin Jen ]   __________________
Shoepolish says I'm the Goddess of Love and Beer and I'm okay with that.

wawel

November 4, 2005 10:07:07 pm

Then again what would I know? All the girls I know have .jpg in their name.

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Screamin Jen said...
quote:
King Piast said...
quote:
CheapSeats said...

And you don't have the capability to just ignore it and move on, do you?

you must be taking the dumbass pills the rest of the mods have. the**** doesn't bother me. You would think Cheapy being a mod would have constraint. Dumbass.

[ PM wawel ]   Edited by wawel November 4, 2005 2:22:19 pm.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Po

November 4, 2005 10:37:15 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

My question about the registration...just how many new users do we have a day where that creates such a problem?? In the hours you spend chasing Shane down...those same hours could be used to rewrite the registration. Now granted, if Pdizzle just doesn't want to do it period, that's understandable...but to equate to simply a time consumption issue, seems a lil weak.

[ PM Po ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

wawel

November 4, 2005 10:38:54 pm

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Po said...
My question about the registration...just how many new users do we have a day where that creates such a problem?? In the hours you spend chasing Shane down...those same hours could be used to rewrite the registration. Now granted, if Pdizzle just doesn't want to do it period, that's understandable...but to equate to simply a time consumption issue, seems a lil weak.

or you could stop responding but for some reason, most people don't understand that.

[ PM wawel ]   __________________
Cheapseats - C U Next Tuesday. anonyms.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

JohnGalt

November 4, 2005 10:39:54 pm

JGv.42laffoT.S.v.63lolbrb

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
wawel said...
quote:
Po said...

or you could stop responding but for some reason, most people don't understand that.

Yeah, why is it that someone responds to every post?

[ PM JohnGalt ]   __________________

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

wawel

November 4, 2005 10:40:16 pm

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
JohnGalt said...
quote:
wawel said...
quote:
Po said...

whoooo hooooooooo!!!!!!

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

JohnGalt

November 4, 2005 10:40:40 pm

JGv.42laffoT.S.v.63lolbrb

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
wawel said...
quote:
JohnGalt said...
quote:
wawel said...
quote:
Po said...

whoooo hooooooooo!!!!!!

last word

[ PM JohnGalt ]   __________________

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

wawel

November 4, 2005 10:41:15 pm

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
JohnGalt said...
quote:
wawel said...
quote:
JohnGalt said...
quote:
wawel said...
quote:
Po said...

whoooo hooooooooo!!!!!!

last word

word.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Jump to page: ( 1 2  ...Last Page )
Previous Thread | Next Thread