Support the SmirkinChicken when you shop at Amazon.
SmirkinChicken Forums SmirkinChicken Forums
Log Out

Forum Jump:

The Secret Board -> Natural Gas Providers?

Author  
Post Reply to this thread

H.A.

August 13, 2007 11:11:21 am

Amen

[ Link to this post ]

Can you dorks not faig up this thread? Some of us find it useful.

[ PM H.A. ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

JG

August 13, 2007 11:22:22 am

Fatty Banger

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
H.A. said...

Sorry. I find it useful too also.

[ PM JG ]   __________________
CheapSeats said, "Not quote drani pout."

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Pitchfork

August 16, 2007 2:39:18 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

Futures way down right now, yes Dave? But, storms brewing in Gulf and Atlantic..... thoughts?

[ PM Pitchfork ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Po

August 16, 2007 8:54:29 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Dave the Dawg said...
quote:
adam in 115 said...
Bump. My one-year term just expired and I'm a free agent. Is there any reason to lock in now?

adam in 115

Good timing. This may be the month you should do it. Wait until August 29 and ask again. You have a free option for a few days at that point before the marketers reset prices on Sept 5. Futures prices had come down substantially, but went back up the last couple of days on hurricane fears from some weather models. If the storms don't pan out, prices could fall by the end of the month, which would mean you should wait til after the new prices come out on Sep 5. Circle your calendar for Aug 29 and ask again. No rush to do anything at all til then because you'll be on a cheap summertime variable rate for now.

Damn....forgot to call and reup...but luckily bill hasn't been high the past 2 months. So I guess I better wait till the 29th as well....lets hope i can remember this time.

[ PM Po ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

JG

August 29, 2007 8:26:54 am

Fatty Banger

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Po said...
quote:
Dave the Dawg said...
quote:
adam in 115 said...
Bump. My one-year term just expired and I'm a free agent. Is there any reason to lock in now?

adam in 115

Good timing. This may be the month you should do it. Wait until August 29 and ask again. You have a free option for a few days at that point before the marketers reset prices on Sept 5. Futures prices had come down substantially, but went back up the last couple of days on hurricane fears from some weather models. If the storms don't pan out, prices could fall by the end of the month, which would mean you should wait til after the new prices come out on Sep 5. Circle your calendar for Aug 29 and ask again. No rush to do anything at all til then because you'll be on a cheap summertime variable rate for now.

Damn....forgot to call and reup...but luckily bill hasn't been high the past 2 months. So I guess I better wait till the 29th as well....lets hope i can remember this time.

*BUMP*

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Po

August 29, 2007 11:54:32 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
JG said...
quote:
Po said...
quote:
Dave the Dawg said...
quote:
adam in 115 said...

adam in 115

*BUMP*

Thanks I remembered though. Long as I saw my name as the last post up top I wasn't forgetting.

[ PM Po ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Dave the Dawg

August 29, 2007 2:34:45 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

Futures prices for nat gas came down substantially this month. Do not lock until after Sept 5th when the new marketer prices are out. I'm thinking this is a pretty good time. Prices can always go a little lower, but it is still hurricane season so there is some risk.

The good thing is that you essentially have a free option til next month. But if you're the forgetful type you should just go ahead and pick someone on the 6th and lock.

[ PM Dave the Dawg ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

H.A.

August 29, 2007 2:57:41 pm

Amen

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Dave the Dawg said...
Futures prices for nat gas came down substantially this month. Do not lock until after Sept 5th when the new marketer prices are out. I'm thinking this is a pretty good time. Prices can always go a little lower, but it is still hurricane season so there is some risk.

The good thing is that you essentially have a free option til next month. But if you're the forgetful type you should just go ahead and pick someone on the 6th and lock.

Dave, you are a gentleman and a scholar and are welcome to marry my sister any time you want.

[ PM H.A. ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Rasp

August 29, 2007 3:39:54 pm

Floppy

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
H.A. said...
quote:
Dave the Dawg said...

Dave, you are a gentleman and a scholar and are welcome to marry my sister any time you want.

Agreed. Even the part about H.A.'s sister.

[ PM Rasp ]   __________________
"Staple guns: Because duct tape can't make that 'kaCHUNK' noise." -xkcd

Po

September 5, 2007 11:31:53 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

Dave....whats the deal with the rates...we lock in today or wait?

[ PM Po ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Dave the Dawg

September 6, 2007 3:12:25 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

All right, I'm making the call. Go ahead and lock in for 12 months.

Rates from the marketers this month are all pretty close, except for Vectren which is an outlier at $1.137 per therm. The others are generally within $.98-$1.029.

Let me disclose that Gas South is a client, so take this for what it's worth.

I recommend that you choose Gas South at www.gas-south.com. The 12 month fixed rate is $.99 per therm, but there is a link for EMC customers to get it for $.97 if that applies. You can also get a $25 visa card if you sign up on line. Follow the info on the web site.

If you're the gambling type, you can choose a 6-month plan at $.99. That will get you through the winter, then you can have all spring and summer to hope for a lower rate. Personally, I went with the 12 month plan.

[ PM Dave the Dawg ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Pitchfork

September 11, 2007 10:24:15 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Dave the Dawg said...
All right, I'm making the call. Go ahead and lock in for 12 months.

Rates from the marketers this month are all pretty close, except for Vectren which is an outlier at $1.137 per therm. The others are generally within $.98-$1.029.

Let me disclose that Gas South is a client, so take this for what it's worth.

I recommend that you choose Gas South at www.gas-south.com. The 12 month fixed rate is $.99 per therm, but there is a link for EMC customers to get it for $.97 if that applies. You can also get a $25 visa card if you sign up on line. Follow the info on the web site.

If you're the gambling type, you can choose a 6-month plan at $.99. That will get you through the winter, then you can have all spring and summer to hope for a lower rate. Personally, I went with the 12 month plan.

GA Nat has a similar plan, although if you use over 75 therms, you get a volume discount rate...I'm not sure I understand that....

Futures are headed a bit higher, yes?

[ PM Pitchfork ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Dave the Dawg

September 11, 2007 10:39:28 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Pitchfork said...

Futures are headed a bit higher, yes?

Yes, prices are up since the beginning of the month. Fundamentals are still bearish, IMO, but that doesn't always mean prices will go down. I take the approach that the price is reasonable so go ahead and lock. It may not be the absolute bottom, but too many things can happen to make it worth taking a chance on saving a few cents.

[ PM Dave the Dawg ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

JG

September 12, 2007 8:10:36 am

Fatty Banger

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
H.A. said...

Useful?

Useful?

MXEnergy, 12 months, 0.98

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Dave the Dawg

September 12, 2007 8:54:59 am

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
JG said...
quote:
H.A. said...

Useful?

Useful?

MXEnergy won't be in the market 12 months from now.

And the $25 gift card will more than make up for that penny.

[ PM Dave the Dawg ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

JG

September 12, 2007 9:01:37 am

Fatty Banger

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Dave the Dawg said...
quote:
JG said...
quote:
H.A. said...

Useful?

Useful?

MXEnergy won't be in the market 12 months from now.

And the $25 gift card will more than make up for that penny.

I just did that because that's who we were with. So what happens if they aren't in the market before my year runs out.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Dave the Dawg

September 12, 2007 9:36:51 am

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
JG said...

I just did that because that's who we were with. So what happens if they aren't in the market before my year runs out.

Nothing really. Except your bill will come from whoever buys their customers.

[ PM Dave the Dawg ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

KB56

September 12, 2007 3:12:23 pm

Looking forward to a "Summer of 69" with KBrooking

[ Link to this post ]

CFEMC (I recommend that you choose CFEMC because I work for them) has 12 month fixed at $.997 (lowest since June 2005), and variable is at $.859 this month. You'll have to ask Galt for his gift card, because unlike other companies that like to use gimmicks to get your bidness, we don't do that sort of thing.

[ PM KB56 ]   __________________
Gunter glieben glauchen globen

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

TheDowman

September 25, 2007 4:56:40 pm

Nerdroach of the sea!

[ Link to this post ]

I just snagged a buck a therm for the next year with Walton EMC (well $0.999/therm. Close enough to a buck.)

At least it makes the math easy.

[ PM TheDowman ]   __________________
"If there's no good reason for a law to exist, then there is a great reason for it to not exist." - H.A.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Boatdrinks

November 3, 2007 2:45:44 pm

BOOO YAHHH Skeedaddy

[ Link to this post ]

How does the climate for Natural Gas look now. We just expired so trying to decide to lock in or wait. Thanks in advance.

[ PM Boatdrinks ]   __________________
There will always be war, so you might as well pick a fucking side.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Jump to page: ( 1  2  3  4  5  6 7  8  ...Last Page )
Previous Thread | Next Thread