Support the SmirkinChicken when you shop at Amazon.
SmirkinChicken Forums SmirkinChicken Forums
Log Out

Forum Jump:

The Secret Board -> APD snuff 92 year old woman in her home.

Author  
Post Reply to this thread

Magnus Slingsby

November 28, 2006 3:11:34 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
St0rmD said...
quote:
Magnus Slingsby said...
the police should not be able to get a no-knock warrant for a nonviolent crime.

Fuck that, the police should not be able to get ANY warrant for a nonviolent crime.

I can completely agree with that but at a minimum...

Beef, just because it's law doesn't make it right. I'm sure you know this......

[ PM Magnus Slingsby ]   __________________

It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets

The purpose of war is to kill people and break things.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Rasp

November 28, 2006 3:13:25 pm

Floppy

[ Link to this post ]

I'm a little curious about the justification of getting a no-knock warrant for a $50 buy that wasn't even done by the police themselves. Seems to me there are certainly greater scourges to occupy an entire taskforce than this.

[ PM Rasp ]   __________________
"Staple guns: Because duct tape can't make that 'kaCHUNK' noise." -xkcd

The Beef

November 28, 2006 4:18:18 pm

Reindfleischburrito

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
El Profesor said...
quote:
The Beef said...
Sounds to me like you were trying to justify the ''shoot first'' mentality, just in case they were really home invaders.

That isn't the same thing as blaming the police. Home invaders pretending to be police have committed crimes in the area where this lady lived. That isn't the fault of the police, and I clearly stated that in my response to Poster.

So your point is it should be okay to shoot if in fact your home is being invaded by burglars?

No argument on that point. Don't see how it applies to this thread, but still no argument.

Forgive me for incorrectly interpreting your post as defending the shooting of police officers serving a legal search warrant as justifiable, due to mistaking them as ''home invaders''. Given the subject matter and context of the discussion, I do believe my initial interpretation of your post is understandable.

For the record, if a burglar is breaking into your home and you feel threatened (who wouldn't), you are perfectly justified in making a colander out of their ass. I also believe you must KNOW you are in fact shooting at a burgler, and not an officer of the law, or be willing to suffer the consequences.

quote:
El Profesor said...
quote:
The Beef said...
I don't believe that pointing out the fact that making an assumption either way in this situation could be a fatal mistake (and in this case was) is an overeaction.

Simply pointing out the fact is not an overreaction. Some of the rhetoric you were using earlier in the thread struck me as an overreaction. Maybe it was just that I missed your sarcasm. If so, then my bad.

You missed the sarcasm in those posts? You've got to be kidding, right?

Here's a little more (Sarcasm or not? You be the judge, so turn the detector on).....

Assuming the cops didn't intentionally shoot a little old lady simply because she was black isn't an overreaction. Assuming they did, is.

Ignoring the fact this ''innocent little 88 year old lady'' squeezed off six rounds, hitting three cops in the process before being shot herself, while assuming the cops intentionally shot and killed her, simply because she was black, indicates to me you have totally lost touch with reality (not YOU, but you as in those who do this).

Hiding your head in the sand to ignore the fact drugs were found at the scene afterwards, and that drugs were purchased at the scene earlier that day is ridiculous. To assume it was all planned, including lying about and/or planting the drugs, for the purpose of killing an innocent black person (and an 88 year old senior citizen to boot) is delusional.

Clearly at worst this incident was either a righteous bust gone bad, or for whatever reason, a case of mistaken location. If it was the first, I feel badly for the lady and her family, as I don't believe she was the person the police were after. Given the circumstances she may have paid the price for knowingly allowing drugs to be dealt out of her house, or she may have been totally clueless to that fact. Unfortunately she felt the need to open fire on the police and they had every right to defend themselves when she did.

If it was a case of mistaken location, then the police are fucked, and rightfully so, for trying to cover that up. Much better to admit the mistake and apologize for it (although no apology could possibly excuse the womans death), then to try and fabricate a story to cover it up, and then be found out. However, even in that case, there is absolutely no reason to believe they intentionally targeted this house for the purpose of killing a person, young or old, simply because of their race. It's a**** shame people have tried to make that claim, despite the totally illogical thinking required to believe it. Some losers will fan any flame in the name of creating racial discord, no matter how unbelievable their assetions may be.

[ PM The Beef ]   __________________
''This is a big milestone from either snotting over someone else's opinions or posting a link to a news story. Gotta respect it when someone puts himself out there to be judged by the lower class like that.''

The Honky Avenger

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

decadent

November 28, 2006 4:19:57 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

drugs
drugs
OMG
run
shoot somebody
run
OMG

it was frigging weed and it will come out (mark my words) that that was planted after the fact

[ PM decadent ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Magnus Slingsby

November 28, 2006 4:34:30 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
The Beef said...

You missed the sarcasm in those posts? You've got to be kidding, right?

Here's a little more (Sarcasm or not? You be the judge, so turn the detector on).....

Assuming the cops didn't intentionally shoot a little old lady simply because she was black isn't an overreaction. Assuming they did, is.

Ignoring the fact this ''innocent little 88 year old lady'' squeezed off six rounds, hitting three cops in the process before being shot herself, while assuming the cops intentionally shot and killed her, simply because she was black, indicates to me you have totally lost touch with reality (not YOU, but you as in those who do this).

Hiding your head in the sand to ignore the fact drugs were found at the scene afterwards, and that drugs were purchased at the scene earlier that day is ridiculous. To assume it was all planned, including lying about and/or planting the drugs, for the purpose of killing an innocent black person (and an 88 year old senior citizen to boot) is delusional.

Clearly at worst this incident was either a righteous bust gone bad, or for whatever reason, a case of mistaken location. If it was the first, I feel badly for the lady and her family, as I don't believe she was the person the police were after. Given the circumstances she may have paid the price for knowingly allowing drugs to be dealt out of her house, or she may have been totally clueless to that fact. Unfortunately she felt the need to open fire on the police and they had every right to defend themselves when she did.

If it was a case of mistaken location, then the police are fucked, and rightfully so, for trying to cover that up. Much better to admit the mistake and apologize for it (although no apology could possibly excuse the womans death), then to try and fabricate a story to cover it up, and then be found out. However, even in that case, there is absolutely no reason to believe they intentionally targeted this house for the purpose of killing a person, young or old, simply because of their race. It's a**** shame people have tried to make that claim, despite the totally illogical thinking required to believe it. Some losers will fan any flame in the name of creating racial discord, no matter how unbelievable their assetions may be.

The informant has said he didn't buy from that house so how can you say she did or didn't know drugs were being sold at her house when apparently there is no proof anyone bought from there?

Who's harping on the fact that she's black?

It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

The Beef

November 28, 2006 4:40:07 pm

Reindfleischburrito

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
decadent said...
drugs
drugs
OMG
run
shoot somebody
run
OMG

it was frigging weed and it will come out (mark my words) that that was planted after the fact

Mark your words? Sounds like a guarantee to me. I wonder how you can be so sure?

Last time I checked, weed was illegal. Of course if they found nothing, does that automatically mean the search was invalid? Is it at all possible that the alleged ''Sam'' took his stock with him when he left the premises?

Nah, it's easier and more fun to assume the worst for the cops. Hell, they probably did plant it, given they had to justify going in to kill that lady. I only wonder why they didn't plant more, or something more substantial than just ''weed'', given they had this plan working all along?

If I lived in DeKalb County, I'd be more concerned with staying out of the way of my own county officers then I would be with the Atlanta pOlice. Everybody knows those racist bastards are setting records for unjustified killings of innocent blacks. Who knows if even a white Decatur resident is truly safe from those corrupt fuckers?

''This is a big milestone from either snotting over someone else's opinions or posting a link to a news story. Gotta respect it when someone puts himself out there to be judged by the lower class like that.''

The Honky Avenger

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Magnus Slingsby

November 28, 2006 4:41:54 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
The Beef said...
quote:
decadent said...
drugs
drugs
OMG
run
shoot somebody
run
OMG

Mark your words? Sounds like a guarantee to me. I wonder how you can be so sure?

Last time I checked, weed was illegal. Of course if they found nothing, does that automatically mean the search was invalid? Is it at all possible that the alleged ''Sam'' took his stock with him when he left the premises?

Nah, it's easier and more fun to assume the worst for the cops. Hell, they probably did plant it, given they had to justify going in to kill that lady. I only wonder why they didn't plant more, or something more substantial than just ''weed'', given they had this plan working all along?

If I lived in DeKalb County, I'd be more concerned with staying out of the way of my own county officers then I would be with the Atlanta pOlice. Everybody knows those racist bastards are setting records for unjustified killings of innocent blacks. Who knows if even a white Decatur resident is truly safe from those corrupt fuckers?

it seems to be you that has the issue with blacks.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

The Beef

November 28, 2006 5:11:12 pm

Reindfleischburrito

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Magnus Slingsby said...
quote:
The Beef said...

The informant has said he didn't buy from that house so how can you say she did or didn't know drugs were being sold at her house when apparently there is no proof anyone bought from there?

Please read for comprehension compadre'. The emphasis and underlining is mine to assist you. Note there are two options: righteous bust or mistaken location, followed by an explanation that begins with ''IF it was the first,.....''. Also I clearly said that she MAY have paid the price for...OR she may have been totally clueless as part of that scenario.

The second option is for mistaken location. That would imply no drugs were purchased there, so obviously she wouldn't ''know'' about something that wasn't happening.

So where did I say that she absolutely knew that drugs were being sold at her house?

quote:
Magnus Slingsby said...

Read the paper. Watch the local Atlanta news (can't remember If you reside here or not). Implications of this nature are not new or unusual here. Police in DeKalb are being similarly accused due to a recent string of police shootings. USUALLY the first thing implied if the ''victim'' happens to be black, is that the shooting was racially motivated, even if they were armed and in the process of committing a crime.

The woman was 88 years old. It's a tragedy no matter what color she is. I'm just weary of those who immediately assume the absolute worst. If it's proven the police tried to cover up the unfortunate killing of this woman by lying and fabricating evidence, I hope they end up in prison. I have heard absolutely nothing though to indicate they intentionally planned this deal for the purpose of killing anybody.

If it's later proven the snitch caved to political pressure or was bought off by whoever, this will all just drift away.

The Honky Avenger

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

The Beef

November 28, 2006 5:16:15 pm

Reindfleischburrito

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Magnus Slingsby said...
quote:
The Beef said...
quote:
decadent said...
drugs
drugs
OMG
run
shoot somebody
run
OMG

Imagine that. I assume the cops innocence while acknowledging the possibility they may not be, and of course I have an ''issue'' with blacks.

First time I've ever seen that tactic used.

The Honky Avenger

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

El Profesor

November 28, 2006 5:19:05 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

And I never assumed that. I certainly don't believe that to be true.

I never ignored the fact that drugs were found there, but I did post information from the AJC stating that the informant said that he didn't buy drugs there and was told by the police to lie about it. I have no idea if his story is true, but it is out there to be considered. I also never said anything about planting any drugs and wanting to kill an innocent black woman. I don't believe for one second that the police wanted to kill an innocent person. I am open to the possibility that some overeager officers persuaded an informant to lie so that they could get the warrant. I firmly believe that most police are honest and want to do the right thing, but there are some loose cannons out there.

[ PM El Profesor ]   __________________
SUPPORT GUAY PENGWIN MARRIDGE!!!

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Magnus Slingsby

November 28, 2006 5:30:26 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
The Beef said...
quote:
Magnus Slingsby said...
quote:
The Beef said...
quote:
decadent said...
drugs
drugs
OMG
run
shoot somebody
run
OMG

Imagine that. I assume the cops innocence while acknowledging the possibility they may not be, and of course I have an ''issue'' with blacks.

First time I've ever seen that tactic used.

yeah, it has nothing to do with the fact that you mention over and over that she's black but keep telling yourself you're not. Got plenty of black friends right?

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Magnus Slingsby

November 28, 2006 5:32:08 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
El Profesor said...

I never ignored the fact that drugs were found there, but I did post information from the AJC stating that the informant said that he didn't buy drugs there and was told by the police to lie about it. I have no idea if his story is true, but it is out there to be considered. I also never said anything about planting any drugs and wanting to kill an innocent black woman. I don't believe for one second that the police wanted to kill an innocent person. I am open to the possibility that some overeager officers persuaded an informant to lie so that they could get the warrant. I firmly believe that most police are honest and want to do the right thing, but there are some loose cannons out there.

Maybe a lawyer would know better than me but I'm pretty sure that even if they found 100 pounds of cocaine in her house but the warrant was obtained on false information that evidence could not be used to convict her.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Matheos

November 28, 2006 7:39:53 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Magnus Slingsby said...

from ajc.com:

About 70 residents gathered outside the house of Kathryn Johnston Tuesday evening, some holding placards condemning police, others venting angrily about the botched narcotics raid that claimed the life of the elderly woman a week ago.

"I'm enraged," said Walterine Jones, 50. "I mean, my God, if they can do this to an elderly woman like her, what does it mean for the safety of the rest of us."

Jones, like many in attendance, held up signs passed around by rally organizers, the New Black Panther for Self-Defense.

"Warning taxpayers & black citizens. Don't dial 911. The police will kill you," said one.

Another was a cartoon of a smiling uniformed officer holding a phone, with the caption: "They gave me administrative leave ... with pay. Kill a black citizen and get paid."

The message was a reference to the Atlanta police department's decision to temporarily suspend part of its narcotics unit and place on paid leave the sargeant and seven detectives who are part of it.

Even without the signs, there was plenty of anger to go around among those who gathered in front of a makeshift memorial outside the now-boarded up house where Johnston died in a gunbattle with officers.

Residents said that while crime is rampant in the area, the stretch of Neal Street where Johnson lived alone for almost two decades was home to other elderly residents.

"There's crime that needs to be tackled here, that's true. But this road right here, there's never been any drug dealing here," said Michael Jaye, 46, who has lived in the area since he was 4.

"But the police don't come here to fight crime. They come to knock heads," he added. Johnny Colbert, 27, echoed many of the attendees' suspicion that police made up the description of "Sam," who they said was the man who sold drug to an undercover informant.

"There are a lot of 'Sam' around here. They are all make-believe by the police," he said.

As some of the attendees pumped fists into the air and shouted "Black Power" at the exhortation of the organizers, a handful of stoic GBI and FBI agents stood by watching.

On a nearby porch, an elderly woman leaned on the railing, straining to catch what was happening.

She too would have walked down and shown her support, she said. But she was too feeble to, she said.

[ PM Matheos ]   __________________
it's probably not too sensible for me to get loaded while I listen to "Tooth And Nail" all by myself. But I can't deny my heart: I like to drink, and I like to rock. You think I'm an idiot? Fine. You don't have to come over.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Magnus Slingsby

November 28, 2006 9:35:55 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Matheos said...
quote:
Magnus Slingsby said...

from ajc.com:

About 70 residents gathered outside the house of Kathryn Johnston Tuesday evening, some holding placards condemning police, others venting angrily about the botched narcotics raid that claimed the life of the elderly woman a week ago.

"I'm enraged," said Walterine Jones, 50. "I mean, my God, if they can do this to an elderly woman like her, what does it mean for the safety of the rest of us."

Jones, like many in attendance, held up signs passed around by rally organizers, the New Black Panther for Self-Defense.

"Warning taxpayers & black citizens. Don't dial 911. The police will kill you," said one.

Another was a cartoon of a smiling uniformed officer holding a phone, with the caption: "They gave me administrative leave ... with pay. Kill a black citizen and get paid."

The message was a reference to the Atlanta police department's decision to temporarily suspend part of its narcotics unit and place on paid leave the sargeant and seven detectives who are part of it.

Even without the signs, there was plenty of anger to go around among those who gathered in front of a makeshift memorial outside the now-boarded up house where Johnston died in a gunbattle with officers.

Residents said that while crime is rampant in the area, the stretch of Neal Street where Johnson lived alone for almost two decades was home to other elderly residents.

"There's crime that needs to be tackled here, that's true. But this road right here, there's never been any drug dealing here," said Michael Jaye, 46, who has lived in the area since he was 4.

"But the police don't come here to fight crime. They come to knock heads," he added. Johnny Colbert, 27, echoed many of the attendees' suspicion that police made up the description of "Sam," who they said was the man who sold drug to an undercover informant.

"There are a lot of 'Sam' around here. They are all make-believe by the police," he said.

As some of the attendees pumped fists into the air and shouted "Black Power" at the exhortation of the organizers, a handful of stoic GBI and FBI agents stood by watching.

On a nearby porch, an elderly woman leaned on the railing, straining to catch what was happening.

She too would have walked down and shown her support, she said. But she was too feeble to, she said.

I thought we were talking about on SC. That's too bad though. I can't say that I don't understand them.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

The Beef

November 28, 2006 11:57:52 pm

Reindfleischburrito

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
El Profesor said...

This post takes me back to the ''Show me where I said....'' posting days.

Obviously my statements weren't directed at you personally. Read Matheos' post above and maybe you'll understand where I was coming from.

It is tragic that this apparently innocent woman lost her life in this incident. That does not automatically indicate, to me at least, that the police were intentionally targeting anyone because of their race. It is readily apparent that this particular operation was FUBAR from the get go.

The Honky Avenger

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

The Beef

November 29, 2006 12:19:17 am

Reindfleischburrito

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Magnus Slingsby said...

yeah, it has nothing to do with the fact that you mention over and over that she's black but keep telling yourself you're not. Got plenty of black friends right?

The entire point of my posts were to logically refute the accusations by some (again see Matheos' post) that the incident was the sole result of racism by the police. I employed a technique called ''sarcasm'' to try and make that point, which included the use of the term ''black'' and of the Smilie. Sorry that point was lost on you.

And yes, I do have plenty of black friends. Several of my best officiating buddies are black, and they are among, if not the most trusted friends that I have, which has nothing to do with any of this.

But you of course can see right through that to my true inner self. Since I choose to not immediately jump to the same conclusion as those who see so many incidents as racially motivated (and I'm not saying you, El Prof, or anybody else specifically does that), then I must have a problem with blacks.

I'm not at all surprised that you (yes YOU) feel that way. Typical.

The Honky Avenger

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

El Profesor

November 29, 2006 12:24:29 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
The Beef said...
This post takes me back to the ''Show me where I said....'' posting days.

Obviously my statements weren't directed at you personally. Read Matheos' post above and maybe you'll understand where I was coming from.

Sorry, I was addressing you directly and thought you were doing the same.

Nothing more is to be gained from this anyway.

[ PM El Profesor ]   __________________
SUPPORT GUAY PENGWIN MARRIDGE!!!

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Rasp

November 29, 2006 8:35:45 am

Floppy

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
The Beef said...
Who knows if even a white Decatur resident is truly safe from those corrupt fuckers?

They aren't. I was arrested by City of Decatur and they took my wallet from me at the scene. When I got it back, they had taken all the cash (over $60) from the wallet. $60 is a lot of money for a kollidge kid.

I'm not saying to holds any water, but the idea being floated now (that the cops shot her up and then shot each others armor to cover it up) is interesting.

[ PM Rasp ]   __________________
"Staple guns: Because duct tape can't make that 'kaCHUNK' noise." -xkcd

decadent

November 29, 2006 8:38:53 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Rasp said...
quote:
The Beef said...
Who knows if even a white Decatur resident is truly safe from those corrupt fuckers?

They aren't. I was arrested by City of Decatur and they took my wallet from me at the scene. When I got it back, they had taken all the cash (over $60) from the wallet. $60 is a lot of money for a kollidge kid.

I'm not saying to holds any water, but the idea being floated now (that the cops shot her up and then shot each others armor to cover it up) is interesting.

Wouldn't the ballistics tests bear out who shot whom? And didn't the Feds take over the forensics?

[ PM decadent ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

IPTAY FAMILY

November 29, 2006 8:46:25 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Rasp said...

Since no bullet proof vest is 100% safe, I'd say that is an extreme reach. And even if it does stop the slug, you typically end up with some broken ribs or internal injuries.

[ PM IPTAY FAMILY ]   __________________
It's not the heat. It's the stupidity.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Jump to page: ( 1  2  3  4  5  6 7  ...Last Page )
Previous Thread | Next Thread