Support the SmirkinChicken when you shop at Amazon.
SmirkinChicken Forums SmirkinChicken Forums
Log Out

Forum Jump:

The Secret Board -> APD snuff 92 year old woman in her home.

Author  
Post Reply to this thread

shoepolish

November 21, 2006 11:03:54 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

APD snuff 92 year old woman in her home.
"we had a valid search warrant"
"we had touble with the door"
" we broke in"
"this was a legal search and we had the right address"
"she started shooting "
"we shot back"

No**** she shot,you nimrods. She probably thought you were the local hoodlums busting in.

Hmmm... hows that Georgia threshold law figure in when the Police **** up a raid and then wonder why the old gal was shooting at them?

APD better hope she was "Ma Barker".

[ PM shoepolish ]   Edited by shoepolish November 21, 2006 3:26:18 pm.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Matheos

November 22, 2006 7:26:55 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
shoepolish said...
"we had a valid search warrant"
"we had touble with the door"
" we broke in"
"this was a legal search and we had the right address"
"she started shooting "
"we shot back"

No**** she shot,you nimrods. She probably thought you were the local hoodlums busting in.

Hmmm... hows that Georgia threshold law figure in when the Police **** up a raid and then wonder why the old gal was shooting at them?

APD better hope she was "Ma Barker".

If the address was correct and they announced themselves as the police, how are they at fault?

[ PM Matheos ]   __________________
it's probably not too sensible for me to get loaded while I listen to "Tooth And Nail" all by myself. But I can't deny my heart: I like to drink, and I like to rock. You think I'm an idiot? Fine. You don't have to come over.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

gimmesummdapp

November 22, 2006 7:35:01 am

2nd Line Scorer

Location: Maxin' and relaxin' in Pam Grier's double-D cups!!!
[ Link to this post ]

That was FUKKED up!!! How can you justify killing Grandma Winslow??? I guess she was moving a lotta weight, huh? She prolly taught Pablo Escobar everything he knew back in da day!

[ PM gimmesummdapp ]   __________________

Proud to be Smirkin' Chicken's original token negro! Power to da peoples! Rat on, rat-on!

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Pitchfork

November 22, 2006 7:35:04 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

She shot three police officers. One of them was grazed in the face, hit in the chest, and the leg.... another was shot in the leg.....still another was shot in the arm. They shot her and she's dead.

The family, of course, is aready ready to sue. She was a sweet little old lady who has never had drugs in the house, allegedly.

Even if she thought they were local hoodlums, she allegedly shot first and often.....they repeatedly identified themselves.

While it's very sad, it seems to me that the officers did what they were supposed to do.

[ PM Pitchfork ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Matheos

November 22, 2006 7:36:11 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
gimmesummdapp said...
How can you justify killing Grandma Winslow???

um....cuz she shot at the pooooo-leeeece?

[ PM Matheos ]   __________________
it's probably not too sensible for me to get loaded while I listen to "Tooth And Nail" all by myself. But I can't deny my heart: I like to drink, and I like to rock. You think I'm an idiot? Fine. You don't have to come over.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Magnus Slingsby

November 22, 2006 9:06:26 am

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Pitchfork said...
She shot three police officers. One of them was grazed in the face, hit in the chest, and the leg.... another was shot in the leg.....still another was shot in the arm. They shot her and she's dead.

The family, of course, is aready ready to sue. She was a sweet little old lady who has never had drugs in the house, allegedly.

Even if she thought they were local hoodlums, she allegedly shot first and often.....they repeatedly identified themselves.

While it's very sad, it seems to me that the officers did what they were supposed to do.

Police officers have entirely too much power anyway. I'm not buying it just because someone is telling her they're the police. I don't have much sympathy for any of the three.

[ PM Magnus Slingsby ]   __________________

It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets

The purpose of war is to kill people and break things.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Cortez the Killer

November 22, 2006 9:28:31 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

True story about the APD.

A friend owned a condo and the APD knocked around 3 a.m. They didn't bust the door down but when he answered it, they put him on the ground and cuffed him. Seems they were serving a warrant for writing bad checks for a guy who owned the condo around 6 years prior. The bank had foreclosed on the condo and it had been bought by a lady and my friend was the 3rd or 4th person to rent the condo since then.

So why does APD send a midnight raid crew to serve a warrant for bad checks and why can't they, I don't know, crack open a phone book to confirm an address?

They have too much (deadly) power to be lazy, sloppy, uneducated, underfunded, corrupt or any combination of the above.

[ PM Cortez the Killer ]   __________________
I have trouble with math and miss the point of articles.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Carz

November 22, 2006 9:31:25 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Cortez the Killer said...

A friend owned a condo and the APD knocked around 3 a.m. They didn't bust the door down but when he answered it, they put him on the ground and cuffed him. Seems they were serving a warrant for writing bad checks for a guy who owned the condo around 6 years prior. The bank had foreclosed on the condo and it had been bought by a lady and my friend was the 3rd or 4th person to rent the condo since then.

So why does APD send a midnight raid crew to serve a warrant for bad checks and why can't they, I don't know, crack open a phone book to confirm an address?

They have too much (deadly) power to be lazy, sloppy, uneducated, underfunded, corrupt or any combination of the above.

I thought the Sheriffs dept handled bad checks.

[ PM Carz ]   __________________
Oh, like they knew the difference!

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Cortez the Killer

November 22, 2006 9:33:18 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Carz said...

I thought the Sheriffs dept handled bad checks.

You might be right...I don't think he specified. He actually said some of them had SWAT type gear, with masks, etc. But it was in Fulton Cty.

[ PM Cortez the Killer ]   __________________
I have trouble with math and miss the point of articles.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

GordieHoweHat-trick

November 22, 2006 9:46:44 am

The Arbiter of Who and What is Allowed to be Made Fun of on the Chicken

[ Link to this post ]

This is a bad situation and APD will probably be getting out their checkbooks.

The question won't be whether it was a good shoot at the time. After she shot three cops, she was fair game.

The question is whether the officers used proper tactics to enter the home, i.e. should they have used flashbang grenades to subdue everyone before they went in.

[ PM GordieHoweHat-trick ]   __________________
Brokeback Steakhouse: No rules, Just Festive!

RocketMan

November 22, 2006 9:51:23 am

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

The only problem I have with this is I heard that the 3 officers shot were plain clothes. Now if I'm breaking in somebody's door in the wee hours of the morning I'm sending uniformed guys in first so that there's at least some sort of visual notice along with the verbal that they hopefully gave. 3 Guys come through my door in the middle of the night with jeans and sweathshirts on and no verbal warning and I'm unloading on them as well.

[ PM RocketMan ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

shibuii

November 22, 2006 9:53:44 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
GordieHoweHat-trick said...
This is a bad situation and APD Atlanta city taxpayers will probably be getting out their checkbooks.

More accurate.

[ PM shibuii ]   __________________
Millwood said...Vince Young would be a good QB, except for one small factor. He's black. Tough break, Vince.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Boatdrinks

November 22, 2006 9:56:36 am

BOOO YAHHH Skeedaddy

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
RocketMan said...
The only problem I have with this is I heard that the 3 officers shot were plain clothes. Now if I'm breaking in somebody's door in the wee hours of the morning I'm sending uniformed guys in first so that there's at least some sort of visual notice along with the verbal that they hopefully gave. 3 Guys come through my door in the middle of the night with jeans and sweathshirts on and no verbal warning and I'm unloading on them as well.

I heard they were in plain clothes as well. No way in**** cops should be breaking down doors in plain clothes. I would shot them to. It is especially dangerous with all of the home invasions by fake cops lately.

[ PM Boatdrinks ]   __________________
There will always be war, so you might as well pick a fucking side.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

GordieHoweHat-trick

November 22, 2006 9:57:42 am

[ Link to this post ]

quote:

3:00 A.M. is pretty standard. The best time to serve a warrant is when the subject is home and not to likely to flee or fight. (People will run or fight over a bad check arrest.) They're there to arrest the dude not politely ask him whether he wants to come to court or not. Most bad check arrests are made because the person refused to turn themselves in. The chance of them running is less.

As to the mistaken address, it is likely that the person passing the bad check is still using his old address (i.e. your friend's current address) on a bad check, which in turn is the address on the warrant. It sounds like they identified your friend prior to carting him off to jail. I hope they apologized for the mistake.

Magnus Slingsby

November 22, 2006 9:58:01 am

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:

The question won't be whether it was a good shoot at the time. After she shot three cops, she was fair game.

If they were in plain clothes, then they were fair game too.

It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Magnus Slingsby

November 22, 2006 9:59:23 am

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
quote:

3:00 A.M. is pretty standard. The best time to serve a warrant is when the subject is home and not to likely to flee or fight. (People will run or fight over a bad check arrest.) They're there to arrest the dude not politely ask him whether he wants to come to court or not. Most bad check arrests are made because the person refused to turn themselves in. The chance of them running is less.

As to the mistaken address, it is likely that the person passing the bad check is still using his old address (i.e. your friend's current address) on a bad check, which in turn is the address on the warrant. It sounds like they identified your friend prior to carting him off to jail. I hope they apologized for the mistake.

yeah, apologize. do you realize how stupid that sounds? Maybe they can apologize to this woman too. That should make it all better.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

GordieHoweHat-trick

November 22, 2006 10:13:58 am

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Magnus Slingsby said...yeah, apologize. do you realize how stupid that sounds? Maybe they can apologize to this woman too. That should make it all better.

You think they should have baked him cookies?

You cannot honestly compare a shooting death with this situation.

The guy was woken up at 3:00 A.M., placed in handcuffs, and let go. If he tried to sue, he'd be laughed out of court. The officers had a valid arrest warrant for that address, they most likely knocked on the door (rather than breaking it down with guns a blazing) and did a standard take down until they could verify identity. He is fine.

Contrary to poular belief, the police are not going to break down someone's door without a search warrant that has a "no knock" provision. The search warrant has to be issued by a neutral magistrate judge. To get a no knock the police have to make a showing that knocking and announcing their presence would be dangerous or futile.

Magnus Slingsby

November 22, 2006 10:19:27 am

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
quote:
Magnus Slingsby said...yeah, apologize. do you realize how stupid that sounds? Maybe they can apologize to this woman too. That should make it all better.

You think they should have baked him cookies?

You cannot honestly compare a shooting death with this situation.

The guy was woken up at 3:00 A.M., placed in handcuffs, and let go. If he tried to sue, he'd be laughed out of court. The officers had a valid arrest warrant for that address, they most likely knocked on the door (rather than breaking it down with guns a blazing) and did a standard take down until they could verify identity. He is fine.

Contrary to poular belief, the police are not going to break down someone's door without a search warrant that has a "no knock" provision. The search warrant has to be issued by a neutral magistrate judge. To get a no knock the police have to make a showing that knocking and announcing their presence would be dangerous or futile.

no, I expect them to do complete their due diligence and come to an easy conclusion that someone else lives there. but that would also take competance. I don't care if they do knock. I can knock on anyone's door in the middle of the night and tell them I'm the police. Do you ever put yourself in someone else's shoes or are you that blinded by your job? I didn't know there was a diff between "knock" and "no knock" warrant and personally, it doesn't change my opinion at all.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

GordieHoweHat-trick

November 22, 2006 10:29:49 am

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Magnus Slingsby said...no, I expect them to do complete their due diligence and come to an easy conclusion that someone else lives there. but that would also take competance. I don't care if they do knock. I can knock on anyone's door in the middle of the night and tell them I'm the police. Do you ever put yourself in someone else's shoes or are you that blinded by your job? I didn't know there was a diff between "knock" and "no knock" warrant and personally, it doesn't change my opinion at all.

You obviously have never tried to track down a criminal before. We do it routinely because in many cases our witnesses happen to be criminals. They change apartments and telephone numbers like you change underwear. People who pass bad checks tend to be financially unsatble so they move around alot, too.

In a bad check case, the address on the check is most likely as reliable as the phone book. How were they supposed to know the suspect had lived there 6 years before? Should they have gone down to the courthouse and pulled deed records. Even if they had, it is entirely possible that the person who owned the place rented it to the dude who passed the check or that guy could be his rommate.

Their due dilligence was to knock on the door and figure out who lived there. For safety, they placed him in handcuffs. It is standard police procedure.

I am not blinded by my job. To the contrary, I'm much more aware of police mistakes than the average person because when they make a mistake in one of my cases, I can and often do dismiss it.

Screamin Jen

November 22, 2006 10:44:39 am

Panache

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Boatdrinks said...
quote:
RocketMan said...

I heard they were in plain clothes as well. No way in**** cops should be breaking down doors in plain clothes. I would shot them to. It is especially dangerous with all of the home invasions by fake cops lately.

I'm with you guys. Someone breaks in my house in the middle of the night dressed in plain clothes, I'll do whatever I have to do to protect myself.

[ PM Screamin Jen ]   __________________
Shoepolish says I'm the Goddess of Love and Beer and I'm okay with that.

Jump to page: ( 1 2  3  4  5  6  7  ...Last Page )
Previous Thread | Next Thread