Support the SmirkinChicken when you shop at Amazon.
SmirkinChicken Forums SmirkinChicken Forums
Log Out

Forum Jump:

The Secret Board -> A question for my Jewish friends..

Author  
Post Reply to this thread

Carz

November 27, 2006 8:43:40 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

A question for my Jewish friends..
A girl in my son's kindergarten call today told my boy she was Jewish and didn't believe in Santa Claus because her parents said he wasn't real. It was tough for my wife to explain.
My question is, what is the common way for Jewish parents to deal with Santa Claus when talking to their young children?

[ PM Carz ]   __________________
Oh, like they knew the difference!

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Daddyman

November 27, 2006 8:54:53 pm

Holier Than Thou

[ Link to this post ]

"He doesn't come to kosher homes, Moshe."

Seriously, we were told he didn't visit Jewish houses because our parents were getting us gifts for Chanukah, and we didn't celebtate Christmas. Not sure it was that succinct, but that's the gist. Also, we were told to respect what the kids believed even though we probably found out the "truth" at a younger age.

[ PM Daddyman ]   __________________
"The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naive and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

misterjingo

November 27, 2006 9:07:34 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

No Hanukkah Harry?

[ PM misterjingo ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

clambake

November 27, 2006 9:36:37 pm

Ass Hamster

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Carz said...
A girl in my son's kindergarten call today told my boy she was Jewish and didn't believe in Santa Claus because her parents said he wasn't real. It was tough for my wife to explain.
My question is, what is the common way for Jewish parents to deal with Santa Claus when talking to their young children?

I think the proper response is, 'You're a big girl now, ask your mama about the birds and the bees and don't tell you little brother about any of this shit'.

[ PM clambake ]   __________________
In my day we didn't ask why the chicken crossed the road. Somebody told us the chicken crossed the road, and that was good enough.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Abel

November 28, 2006 10:23:47 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

I have told my kids that there is no such thing as Santa Clause.

We got a call from my son's kinder teacher last year involving the same thing. His teacher (who is Jewish) said that my son told the entire class that Santa Clause didnt exsist. Of course this news was relayed to many parents by their kids and my son's teacher had to explain what happened.

[ PM Abel ]   __________________

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Millwood

November 28, 2006 10:25:21 am

Top Yeap

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Abel said...

We got a call from my son's kinder teacher last year involving the same thing. His teacher (who is Jewish) said that my son told the entire class that Santa Clause didnt exsist. Of course this news was relayed to many parents by their kids and my son's teacher had to explain what happened.

So you're a pretty popular fellow away from the board also, huh?

[ PM Millwood ]   __________________
This marble I just ate is soft, chewy and sweet. It reminds me of a gumball. - Barack Obama

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Poster

November 28, 2006 10:27:36 am

Nutsack

Location: Enjoying a slavish concern for the composition of words.
[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Millwood said...
quote:
Abel said...

"We don't believe in it, why should anyone else get to?"

[ PM Poster ]   __________________
Ladies and gentlemen and JG if you'll look off the cabin to your left, you'll see a fat lady falling in a hole.

JG

November 28, 2006 10:34:42 am

Fatty Banger

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Poster said...
quote:
Millwood said...
quote:
Abel said...

CL*SSIC!

[ PM JG ]   __________________
CheapSeats said, "Not quote drani pout."

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

shibuii

November 28, 2006 10:34:47 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

< serious>
On a different note, my daughter came up to me and asked "Daddy - what is Hannukah?" I told her that it was a Jewish holiday close to Christmas. She asked why we didn't celebrate it, and I told her "Because we're not Jewish".

She then told me she wants to try it to see what it's like. I told her I don't have a problem with it, but we don't know many Jewish people.

< humor>
I hope that 2nd paragraph is not a precursor to "other things" down the road that she "wants to try to see what it's like".
< /humor>< /serious>

[ PM shibuii ]   __________________
Millwood said...Vince Young would be a good QB, except for one small factor. He's black. Tough break, Vince.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Abel

November 28, 2006 10:38:51 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Millwood said...
quote:
Abel said...

Not as much as you.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Josie

November 28, 2006 10:41:29 am

All-Star

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
shibuii said...
< serious>
On a different note, my daughter came up to me and asked "Daddy - what is Hannukah?" I told her that it was a Jewish holiday close to Christmas. She asked why we didn't celebrate it, and I told her "Because we're not Jewish".

She then told me she wants to try it to see what it's like. I told her I don't have a problem with it, but we don't know many Jewish people.

< humor>
I hope that 2nd paragraph is not a precursor to "other things" down the road that she "wants to try to see what it's like".
< /humor>< /serious>

she's just angling for extra presents

[ PM Josie ]   __________________
I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Abel

November 28, 2006 10:43:26 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
shibuii said...
< serious>

< humor>
< /humor>< /serious>

Shibui take her to a chanukah party at the JCC. She will get a taste of latkahs, chocolate gelt, and some other stuff.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

shibuii

November 28, 2006 10:43:57 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Josie said...
quote:
shibuii said...
< serious>

< humor>
< /humor>< /serious>

she's just angling for extra presents

Sheeit. Like she needs any more than I give her. Spoiled brat.

Actually, she enjoys singing "Dradel Dradel Dradel" and loves candles. She asked me to buy a Menorah so we could put it next to the tree.

Millwood said...Vince Young would be a good QB, except for one small factor. He's black. Tough break, Vince.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Murphy Beans

November 28, 2006 10:55:59 am

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Abel said...I have told my kids that there is no such thing as Santa Clause.

Don't worry, I told them the Jews killed Santa.

[ PM Murphy Beans ]   Edited by Murphy Beans November 28, 2006 3:00:03 am.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Murphy Beans

November 28, 2006 10:56:55 am

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
shibuii said...She asked me to buy a Menorah so we could put it next to the tree.

Looks like she'll also be learning a valuable lesson in fire safety.

[ PM Murphy Beans ]   __________________
It's hard out here for a pup.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

H.A.

November 28, 2006 11:04:36 am

Amen

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Abel said...
Shibui take her to a chanukah party at the JCC. She will get a taste of latkahs, chocolate gelt, and some other stuff.

And after she chokes down that crap, she will never bother you about Chanukah or menorahs ever again.

[ PM H.A. ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

shibuii

November 28, 2006 11:05:49 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Murphy Beans said...
quote:
shibuii said...She asked me to buy a Menorah so we could put it next to the tree.

Looks like she'll also be learning a valuable lesson in fire safety.

Yep. Because I told her no

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

flerd_trandle

November 28, 2006 11:13:16 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Poster said...
quote:
Millwood said...
quote:
Abel said...

Or, how about, "Mommy? Why doesn't Santa bring me presents? I thought he gave presents to ALL the good little girls and boys?"

The fact that Santa doesn't deliver presents to Jews is proof that they're evil, right?

[ PM flerd_trandle ]   __________________
Non omnes qui habemt citharam sunt citharoedi - Not all those who own a musical instrument are musicians.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

JG

November 28, 2006 11:15:53 am

Fatty Banger

[ Link to this post ]

I had a dentist that was Jewish and when he had young children they put up a Christmas tree. Is that something that's not allowed? Surely there's a better way than Ab*l's way.

[ PM JG ]   __________________
CheapSeats said, "Not quote drani pout."

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Millwood

November 28, 2006 11:16:12 am

Top Yeap

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
flerd_trandle said...
"Mommy? Why doesn't Santa bring me presents? I thought he gave presents to ALL the good little girls and boys?"

"Because we are freaks."

omg j/k lol

[ PM Millwood ]   __________________
This marble I just ate is soft, chewy and sweet. It reminds me of a gumball. - Barack Obama

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Jump to page: ( 1 2  3  ...Last Page )
Previous Thread | Next Thread