Support the SmirkinChicken when you shop at Amazon.
SmirkinChicken Forums SmirkinChicken Forums
Log Out

Forum Jump:

The Secret Board -> Asshat Of The Year Voting..

Author  
Post Reply to this thread

tvwxman

December 18, 2006 5:38:15 pm

Slacker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
clambake said...
quote:
Mango said...
What keeps me coming back is the urban soul that a black man like Clambake displays on a daily basis.

Voted Abel.

I don't know what's scarier in that CL article. The crimes of these guys, or their horrible rap names.

[ PM tvwxman ]   __________________
Since this is an era when many people are concerned about "fairness" and "social justice," what is your "fair share" of what someone else has worked for? -- Thomas Sowell

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Mansechs

December 18, 2006 6:03:00 pm

Jr. Prospect

[ Link to this post ]

I voted for KB56

[ PM Mansechs ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

kio

December 18, 2006 6:13:24 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

I hat I missed this live but the Tivo version was funny as well. Just damn. High comedy.

Edit: And I voted for the winner early on.

[ PM kio ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Adam12

December 18, 2006 6:30:27 pm

I suck at teh math and also at teh heterosexuality

[ Link to this post ]

Does this mean we get a KB in review? Inquiring minds want to know.

[ PM Adam12 ]   __________________
From the outside looking in, you can't understand it. From the inside looking out, you can't explain it.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

tvwxman

December 18, 2006 6:31:54 pm

Slacker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Adam12 said...

Ooooh! Super special collector's edition. Signed, authenticated and numbered please!

[ PM tvwxman ]   __________________
Since this is an era when many people are concerned about "fairness" and "social justice," what is your "fair share" of what someone else has worked for? -- Thomas Sowell

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Matheos

December 18, 2006 6:45:41 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Millwood said...
quote:
KBrooking56 said...

And for the record- this isn't a farewell board speech.

Of course it wasn't a farewell speech. It was an acceptance speech. I don't think anyone really wanted to see you get banned and quit posting over this silly little poll.

You've done a few bizarre things the last few months, so I nominated you for the award. I certainly didn't think it would result in a meltdown on your end. I don't think anyone here wants you to stop posting.

Of course we don't want him to stop posting. It's kinda like the Falcons. If he stops posting we lose another chance for a back-to-back asshat winner.

[ PM Matheos ]   __________________
it's probably not too sensible for me to get loaded while I listen to "Tooth And Nail" all by myself. But I can't deny my heart: I like to drink, and I like to rock. You think I'm an idiot? Fine. You don't have to come over.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Matheos

December 18, 2006 6:47:06 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
KBrooking56 said...
Don't worry Rasp- you don't/won't have to worry about policing me anymore. I'm done with posting. This place has deteriorated into nothing more than a group of holier than thous that get off on poking fun at a select few. I'm not the only one that has picked up on it either. Just look at all the regulars that have left, one by one. The REAL asshats of this board are the ones that have to invent a ridiculous poll, then have similar asshats sit back and pretend to nominate other people. At this point, that's not an environment I choose to partake in or sit and be ridiculed by. I don't take personal shots at any of you, and to think that I've stood by and allowed any of you to do it to me was foolish on my part. If my actions classifies me as being a true asshat in any of your eyes, so be it. I'm done with being a people pleaser on this board, and I'm also finished with being the butt of jokes, especially coming from people with their own shortcomings and really don't have much room to be talking about me or my actions.

And for the record- this isn't a farewell board speech. This is simply what needed to be said.

So you have two board names? Did you at least vote twice before leaving?

[ PM Matheos ]   __________________
it's probably not too sensible for me to get loaded while I listen to "Tooth And Nail" all by myself. But I can't deny my heart: I like to drink, and I like to rock. You think I'm an idiot? Fine. You don't have to come over.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Murphy Beans

December 18, 2006 7:09:49 pm

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

Great . . .

I take the day off from the board and my candidate gets slaughtered by Brooking come lately.

8 votes? 8 measelly votes?

Now I know how the RNC felt in '92. They were kicking back waiting reap the rewards of the first gulf war, and then *boom* some dark-horse trailer-park redneck comes in and steals the election.

Don't worry Abel. We'll get 'em next year. Don't mess with Texas!!!!!

[ PM Murphy Beans ]   __________________
It's hard out here for a pup.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

GordieHoweHat-trick

December 18, 2006 7:22:56 pm

The Arbiter of Who and What is Allowed to be Made Fun of on the Chicken

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
tvwxman said...
quote:
Adam12 said...

Ooooh! Super special collector's edition. Signed, authenticated and numbered please!

Let's not get carried away. KB56 is usually only a danger to himself. M0, in contrast, lashes out at others from time to time. Thus, he is worthy of review.

Anyone other than M0 (who already gets reviewed) wins this year's award, I'll talk Beans into moving in with them.

[ PM GordieHoweHat-trick ]   __________________
Brokeback Steakhouse: No rules, Just Festive!

Abel

December 18, 2006 7:25:36 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Murphy Beans said...
Great . . .

I take the day off from the board and my candidate gets slaughtered by Brooking come lately.

8 votes? 8 measelly votes?

Now I know how the RNC felt in '92. They were kicking back waiting reap the rewards of the first gulf war, and then *boom* some dark-horse trailer-park redneck comes in and steals the election.

Don't worry Abel. We'll get 'em next year. Don't mess with Texas!!!!!

Next Year Murphy. However, I think KB's name will be nominated again and today's meltdown may earn him back to back awards.

[ PM Abel ]   __________________

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Murphy Beans

December 18, 2006 7:37:25 pm

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Abel said...Next Year Murphy. However, I think KB's name will be nominated again and today's meltdown may earn him back to back awards.

Surrendering next year's title to him is just quitter talk. I'm confident you'll have a strong showing in '07.

However, until you squandered it, we had a solid opportunity to win this year. M0 put out a horrible Youtube video and KB56 went on a rampage. Where the**** were you?

[ PM Murphy Beans ]   __________________
It's hard out here for a pup.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Yosarian77

December 18, 2006 8:32:40 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

I am also disgusted with this place. Why? Well, I've been reading pretty regularly for the past couple of months and have been fairly underwhelmed by the lack of any good flame ups. Today, I had some**** to do away from my computer and I missed this world class meltdown from KB. I'm not sure what got up his ass, but boy did it explode.

But it's sort of unfair. A guy can't have a great September and win the MVP, can he? How does M0 not win this award?

M0, I hope you didn't have an incentive clause for AHOTY in your temp contract at the help desk, because you were fucking robbed!

[ PM Yosarian77 ]   __________________
"They can fix just about anything. New face, new heart, new lungs. Anything. But if you have one leg shorter than the other, they can give you a million quid and send you to Switzerland and the best you can come back with is a big shoe." --Ricky Gervais

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Sully01

December 18, 2006 8:44:51 pm

Top Prospect

[ Link to this post ]

"This place has deteriorated into nothing more than a group of holier than thous that get off on poking fun at a select few."

I think this sums it all up!

That is all.
Next.

[ PM Sully01 ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Boatdrinks

December 18, 2006 9:03:57 pm

BOOO YAHHH Skeedaddy

[ Link to this post ]

Don't worry about KB everyone. He will be back in time to propose a keeper league for next years fantasy football.

[ PM Boatdrinks ]   __________________
There will always be war, so you might as well pick a fucking side.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

El Profesor

December 18, 2006 9:24:16 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
johnny fontane said...
I just come here to see what El Prof is against today.

OMG BEST IN THE BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!1!!!!

[ PM El Profesor ]   __________________
SUPPORT GUAY PENGWIN MARRIDGE!!!

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Adam12

December 18, 2006 10:30:19 pm

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Sully01 said...
"This place has deteriorated into nothing more than a group of holier than thous that get off on poking fun at a select few."

I think this sums it all up!

That is all.
Next.

Waaaaahhhh, waaaaaahhhh, nobody likes us....fuckin crybabies

From the outside looking in, you can't understand it. From the inside looking out, you can't explain it.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Rasp

December 19, 2006 8:25:39 am

Floppy

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
KBrooking56 said...
Don't worry Rasp- you don't/won't have to worry about policing me anymore.

I don't think anyone ever policed you to begin with. I sure didn't.

quote:
I'm done with posting. This place has deteriorated into nothing more than a group of holier than thous that get off on poking fun at a select few. I'm not the only one that has picked up on it either.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I pook fun at almost everyone. If you think you're the only target, you've got a persecution issue.

quote:
The REAL asshats of this board are the ones that have to invent a ridiculous poll, then have similar asshats sit back and pretend to nominate other people.

If you'd read the nominations thread, you can tell a lot of people thought the whole thing was a joke. Clambake was mad because he WASN'T nominated and frankly, I was hoping that someone would nominate me so I could ban them as a joke. decadent even joked that she was surprised at not being nominated. Even Ab*l, who gets mad about all sorts of stuff, laughed it off. You are the ONLY PERSON who is taking this so seriously. Honestly, that just makes it funnier.

quote:
At this point, that's not an environment I choose to partake in or sit and be ridiculed by. I don't take personal shots at any of you, and to think that I've stood by and allowed any of you to do it to me was foolish on my part. If my actions classifies me as being a true asshat in any of your eyes, so be it. I'm done with being a people pleaser on this board, and I'm also finished with being the butt of jokes, especially coming from people with their own shortcomings and really don't have much room to be talking about me or my actions.

And for the record- this isn't a farewell board speech. This is simply what needed to be said.

Personally, I like you. I think you're a good guy and I've said as much to anyone who asks me. But you need to get a grip. People give you**** because they like you (and because you're a dumbass sometimes). You are completely overreacting to all of this.

[ PM Rasp ]   __________________
"Staple guns: Because duct tape can't make that 'kaCHUNK' noise." -xkcd

Homer

December 19, 2006 8:26:41 am

Bubba Ho-Tep

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Mango said...
edit for adam12: it's defcon. (short for defensive configuration)

and it runs in descending order, Defcon 5 is peace and Defcon 1 is max readiness

[ PM Homer ]   __________________
Winning

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Abel

December 19, 2006 8:26:57 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Murphy Beans said...

However, until you squandered it, we had a solid opportunity to win this year. M0 put out a horrible Youtube video and KB56 went on a rampage. Where the**** were you?

Sorry I was traveling yesterday.

[ PM Abel ]   __________________

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Adam12

December 19, 2006 8:29:03 am

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Homer said...
quote:
Mango said...
edit for adam12: it's defcon. (short for defensive configuration)

and it runs in descending order, Defcon 5 is peace and Defcon 1 is max readiness

Well shit...I guess I need to watch Wargames again.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Jump to page: ( 1  2  3  4  5  6 7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...Last Page )
Previous Thread | Next Thread