Support the SmirkinChicken when you shop at Amazon.
SmirkinChicken Forums SmirkinChicken Forums
Log Out

Forum Jump:

The Secret Board -> Another Etiquette question

Author  
Post Reply to this thread

Delphigod

June 18, 2007 3:09:06 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

Another Etiquette question
Ok, so I go into the work restroom to make use of the facilities, sit down and get ready to do my business (read: "take a crap")... When suddenly I realize that the guy occupying the stall next to me seems to be in deep conversation with a customer.

Knowing the sounds that may emanate while using the facilities, is it proper etiquette to torture myself by clamping off the exit ramp until he's finished, or is he so much in the wrong by talking to a customer in the bathroom that any noise I make that the customer hears is HIS fault?

[ PM Delphigod ]   __________________
"The only difference between Obama and Osama is BS." - Political ad in California

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Pacer Fan

June 18, 2007 3:11:11 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Delphigod said...
Ok, so I go into the work restroom to make use of the facilities, sit down and get ready to do my business (read: "take a crap")... When suddenly I realize that the guy occupying the stall next to me seems to be in deep conversation with a customer.

Knowing the sounds that may emanate while using the facilities, is it proper etiquette to torture myself by clamping off the exit ramp until he's finished, or is he so much in the wrong by talking to a customer in the bathroom that any noise I make that the customer hears is HIS fault?

Do yourself and everyone else a favor, crap at home.

[ PM Pacer Fan ]   __________________
"We won the election. We wrote the bill."-Nancy Pelosi

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Festus

June 18, 2007 3:11:30 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

Let it rip...he'll be blamed for the *** music.

[ PM Festus ]   __________________
No estoy usando ninguna ropa interior

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Delphigod

June 18, 2007 3:11:41 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
pacer fan said...
quote:
Delphigod said...

Crap at home.

At times, this is NOT an option.

"The only difference between Obama and Osama is BS." - Political ad in California

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Blotto

June 18, 2007 3:12:33 pm

The hair, the myth, the legend.

[ Link to this post ]

I'm not sure but if the answer involves a finger bowl and a salad fork I don't want to be right.

[ PM Blotto ]   __________________
Rhinoceruses don't wear shirts. - bloodninja

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

shibuii

June 18, 2007 3:13:13 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

As long as he doesn't know who is in the next stall (e.g., who you are), then fire away!

I would try to make it as loud as possible, too. Maybe some expressions like "Oh God, I think my liver is disengaging" or "Man, that one felt like my pancreas exploding!" would go over well.

[ PM shibuii ]   __________________
Millwood said...Vince Young would be a good QB, except for one small factor. He's black. Tough break, Vince.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Screamin Jen

June 18, 2007 3:13:56 pm

Panache

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Festus said...

As he should be if he's doing business other than #1 or #2 in the bathroom. I'd hate to know I was on the phone with someone who was dropping the kids off at the pool.

[ PM Screamin Jen ]   __________________
Shoepolish says I'm the Goddess of Love and Beer and I'm okay with that.

Delphigod

June 18, 2007 3:15:55 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
shibuii said...
As long as he doesn't know who is in the next stall (e.g., who you are), then fire away!

I would try to make it as loud as possible, too. Maybe some expressions like "Oh God, I think my liver is disengaging" or "Man, that one felt like my pancreas exploding!" would go over well.

How about faking one off the wrist, with appropriate noises, accompanied by a quick wipe of the floor near his side with some toilet paper?

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Dizzy

June 18, 2007 3:16:07 pm

All-Star

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Screamin Jen said...
I'd hate to know I was on the phone with someone who was dropping the kids off at the pool.

my fucking brother does that to me all the time.

[ PM Dizzy ]   __________________
If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Delphigod

June 18, 2007 3:16:37 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Screamin Jen said...
quote:
Festus said...

As he should be if he's doing business other than #1 or #2 in the bathroom. I'd hate to know I was on the phone with someone who was dropping the kids off at the pool.

werd. The guy even had paperwork he was shuffling as he was talking.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

St0rmD

June 18, 2007 3:17:40 pm

D is for Damage

[ Link to this post ]

The real issue is that you should be executed for shitting in the bathroom at work.

NUMBER ONE ONLY. DO YOUR POOP AT HOME.

[ PM St0rmD ]   __________________
"Anyone who quotes me in their signature is an idiot" -- St0rmD

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Millwood

June 18, 2007 3:18:58 pm

Top Yeap

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
pacer fan said...
quote:
Delphigod said...

Do yourself and everyone else a favor, crap at home.

Agree. I have like a 12 year run going on not shitting anywhere but home. It's a Ripkenesque type streak.

[ PM Millwood ]   __________________
This marble I just ate is soft, chewy and sweet. It reminds me of a gumball. - Barack Obama

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Millwood

June 18, 2007 3:19:28 pm

Top Yeap

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Delphigod said...
quote:
pacer fan said...
quote:
Delphigod said...

Crap at home.

Hold it.

This marble I just ate is soft, chewy and sweet. It reminds me of a gumball. - Barack Obama

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Delphigod

June 18, 2007 3:20:27 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Millwood said...
quote:
Delphigod said...
quote:
pacer fan said...
quote:
Delphigod said...

Crap at home.

Hold it.

I worry about trying this, then having a sudden sneezing fit and having to clean far more of my cubicle than I intended to.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

shibuii

June 18, 2007 3:27:06 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Delphigod said...
quote:
shibuii said...

How about faking one off the wrist, with appropriate noises, accompanied by a quick wipe of the floor near his side with some toilet paper?

Nope.

Even if you don't make *** music, the groans and exclamations should get the message across.

[ PM shibuii ]   __________________
Millwood said...Vince Young would be a good QB, except for one small factor. He's black. Tough break, Vince.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

hudsons1

June 18, 2007 3:28:46 pm

All-Star

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Delphigod said...
quote:
pacer fan said...
quote:
Delphigod said...

Crap at home.

Get up mega-early, have some eggs and coffee, and all will be done before you leave for work.

p.s. It's threads like this that attracted me to this sports bord.

[ PM hudsons1 ]   __________________
I like the city, I like the country, it's the in-between I have problems with.--Steve Earle

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

big_f_n_al

June 18, 2007 3:32:24 pm

Honky Kong

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Millwood said...

Agree. I have like a 12 year run going on not shitting anywhere but home. It's a Ripkenesque type streak.

I bet the first day back from vacation is**** for you and the shitter.

[ PM big_f_n_al ]   __________________
"There is no pleasure, only a relief of pain." - Georges St-Pierre

"You are your maker make your life what you will just remember dont be selfish be true and clean up your shit..." - Erik Fankhouser

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Millwood

June 18, 2007 3:33:54 pm

Top Yeap

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
big_f_n_al said...
quote:
Millwood said...

I bet the first day back from vacation is**** for you and the shitter.

When on vacation your hotel/condo counts as your home. So does the ocean and pool.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

dylvez

June 18, 2007 3:49:27 pm

Birdshit Magnet

[ Link to this post ]

you guys don't have a copy of Emily Post in the stalls?

fucking savages.

[ PM dylvez ]   __________________
"The problem with being a self-loathing narcissist is that I hate how awesome I am."

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Screamin Jen

June 18, 2007 4:05:54 pm

Panache

[ Link to this post ]

I'm sorry, but you people who hold it till you get home are crazy. I'd rather poop in a public bathroom than sit around miserable all day trying to hold it.

There was a guy who worked at GMAC who used to talk to his poop to encourage it out...one of my male coworkers used to come out of the bathroom laughing and would share EJ's poop cheers with me. He'd apparently moan a lot, too.

[ PM Screamin Jen ]   __________________
Shoepolish says I'm the Goddess of Love and Beer and I'm okay with that.

Jump to page: ( 1 2  ...Last Page )
Previous Thread | Next Thread