Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/smirkin/files/database.inc.php on line 81

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/smirkin/files/database.inc.php on line 81

The Smirkin Chicken - New 07-08 NHL jerseys pic thread-- *ALL* 30 TEAMS NOW INSIDE- CHECK THE FIRST POST!
Support the SmirkinChicken when you shop at Amazon.
SmirkinChicken Forums SmirkinChicken Forums
Log Out

Forum Jump:

Atlanta Thrashers -> New 07-08 NHL jerseys pic thread-- *ALL* 30 TEAMS NOW INSIDE- CHECK THE FIRST POST!

Author  
Post Reply to this thread

Holland

June 21, 2007 12:20:03 am

lolland

[ Link to this post ]

New 07-08 NHL jerseys pic thread-- *ALL* 30 TEAMS NOW INSIDE- CHECK THE FIRST POST!
Description of 2007-2008 Player Worn Jerseys

Every team will be switching to the new RBK EDGE jersey. Many teams will use the opportunity for an entire logo/jersey overhaul. The rest will only debut slight modifications. There will be no third jerseys during the 2007-2008 NHL hockey season. Home teams will remain in the dark jersey.

The RBK EDGE jersey fits anatomically with proper room given for protective equipment. This is possible by use of stretch-mesh under the arms and 4-way stretch pique used to give players more mobility then the current jerseys while cutting down on drag by 9% and making it 14% lighter.

The new Rbk Edge uniform system has new technology that makes it cutting edge. The jerseys and socks have BEAD AWAY technology that repeals 76% more moisture than the current jersey. The PLAYDRY system allows for more comfort, breathable, and temperature control up to a ten degree difference than older design.

Learn more by visiting http://www.rbkedgeuniform.com

Consumer Pricing Levels

The Classic (550) Replica jersey, will be available next year in the same designs as this year, but in Dark (Home) version only. Teams that will change their uniforms will not make this jersey available in the new design... only in this year's design. The price for these jerseys should remain under $90 USD.

The new Premier Replica Jersey will retail for approx. $110 USD, however this jersey will no longer come with screen printed crests as originally feared. Instead, it will include a full twill and embroidered front crest and screen print on twill sewn shoulder crests. This jersey will be offered in both Home and Away versions.

The new RBK EDGE Authentic Jersey will not retail at the current $345 USD price for the 2007 All-Star Jersey. In 2007-2008 you will be able to pick up a RBK EDGE Authentic Jersey for around $250 USD.

The Teams

Anaheim Ducks

Atlanta Thrashers

Boston Bruins

The Bruins will have separate shoulder logos for home and away. Two secondary logos obviously means they can have more variety for gear like shirts and hats. Now the name of the team is emphasized to the home fans, with the name of the city emphasized to the road fans. Pretty smart.

Buffalo Sabres

Calgary Flames

Carolina Hurricanes

Chicago Blackhawks

Colorado Avalanche

Front and center.

Front and center.

Columbus Blue Jackets

Dallas Stars

Detroit Red Wings

Edmonton Oilers

Florida Panthers

L.A. Kings

Minnesota Wild

Montreal Canadiens

Nashville Predators

Nashville gets an anniversary patch:

New Jersey Devils

New York Islanders

New York Rangers

Ottawa Senators

Philadelphia Flyers

Phoenix Coyotes

Pittsburgh Penguins

The patch on the right shoulder represents Pittsburgh being founded 250 years ago:

San Jose Sharks

Logo on their pants:

St. Louis Blues

Tampa Bay Lightning

Phil Esposito takes credit for the underarm striping. He thought it would be neat when a player raises his arms after scoring to see stripes there. You get to make those kind of decisions when you're the owner.

Toronto Maple Leafs

Vancouver Canucks

Notice the logo is different colors between the home and away jerseys:

Washington Capitals

The "C" doesn't fit:

Chicago Wolves

[ PM Holland ]   Edited by Holland September 19, 2007 6:25:45 am.

The Falconer

June 21, 2007 12:42:55 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

I hate the new Caps jerseys. Yet another team horning in the Red Wings color (Carolina, Ottawa, Phoenix...now Washington)

[ PM The Falconer ]   __________________
http://www.birdwatchersanonymous.com/

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

adam at work

June 21, 2007 8:02:19 am

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

The Caps logo is OK, but these new RBK jerseys in general are going to suck. The design is hideous. I hope there's a major fan revolt (i.e. no merchandise sales) and they go back to classic sweaters. I've finally found my reason to hate Bettman.

adam in 115

[ PM adam at work ]   __________________
"There are three things in life that people like to stare at...A flowing stream, a crackling fire, and a Zamboni clearing the ice."

--Charlie Brown

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

kopykat

June 21, 2007 8:19:37 am

Hall of Famer

Location: sure, I tell you, you tell someone else? I don't think so...
[ Link to this post ]

the Caps logo is fine but I hate the jersey like, a lot. a lot a lot a lot a lot.
I have a bad feeling that the NHL is moving towards a jersey that is the same for every team with the only differences being the logos and shoulder patches.

[ PM kopykat ]   __________________
some people are like slinkies...... they aren't really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

http://www.bringyuenglingtogeorgia.com reportedly coming October 27!!!

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Bongo

June 21, 2007 10:32:36 am

High-Class low-life

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
kopykat said...
the Caps logo is fine but I hate the jersey like, a lot. a lot a lot a lot a lot.
I have a bad feeling that the NHL is moving towards a jersey that is the same for every team with the only differences being the logos and shoulder patches.

If that's true I've got a small fortune hanging up in my closet. The Caps jersey is hideous. I wouldn't wear it to a dogfight.

[ PM Bongo ]   __________________
"Lord, put a handle on a simple headed man."...Waylon Jennings

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Toxostoma Rufum

June 21, 2007 10:58:00 am

All-Star

[ Link to this post ]

Folks, here is the new Bruins'jersey. It rules:

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/Article.php?ArtID=857547

On the shoulders is the new secondary logo, based on the 1927 bear. It also rules, and can be seen on the banner of the Bruins site.

http://bruins.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NHLPage&id=10891

[ PM Toxostoma Rufum ]   __________________
NO INDIVIDUALS! ONE TEAM...ONE GOAL.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Tekneek

June 21, 2007 10:59:10 am

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

I thought everybody was excited about the new RBK jerseys when they were announced. Maybe I just got the wrong impression. I think the basic design of it sucks, so the colors and logos aren't going to help much.

[ PM Tekneek ]   __________________

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

kopykat

June 21, 2007 11:18:55 am

Hall of Famer

Location: sure, I tell you, you tell someone else? I don't think so...
[ Link to this post ]

I like the Broooons jersey. very old school.

[ PM kopykat ]   __________________
some people are like slinkies...... they aren't really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

http://www.bringyuenglingtogeorgia.com reportedly coming October 27!!!

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

IrishThrasher

June 21, 2007 12:35:10 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

The old Washington Capitals jerseys were, for my money, one of the greatest ever.

These new ones suck ass.

[ PM IrishThrasher ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

fatschoonerrat

June 21, 2007 1:35:09 pm

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

It's going to be weird to see Ovechkin in a new kit. I'm not a big Caps' fan, so I'm glad they're fugly. Still better than those Ducks outfits.

[ PM fatschoonerrat ]   __________________
Gangsta Fresh Prince

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

fatschoonerrat

June 21, 2007 1:43:35 pm

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

From a Boston Globe article:

quote:
The Bruins also are one of six teams that are using the introduction of the uniform to change their logo and striping...

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/articles/2007/06/21/nhl_suits_up_like_never_before/

1. Boston
2. Washington
3. Columbus*
4. Ottawa*
5. Toronto*
6. ??

* edit: Smirkinchicken sez

I'm guessing Tampa is one of them. They almost changed their logo a few years back.

I kind of liked Ottawa's original logo better -- the cartoony one just doesn't do it for me. Reminds me of the replacement SC Stingrays logo, which cartoonizes the original (and blows).

[ PM fatschoonerrat ]   Edited by fatschoonerrat June 21, 2007 8:18:08 am.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

flerd_trandle

June 21, 2007 2:33:35 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

Columbus as well, from what I hear. They will show off their new unis at the draft.

[ PM flerd_trandle ]   __________________
Non omnes qui habemt citharam sunt citharoedi - Not all those who own a musical instrument are musicians.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

morgdad

June 21, 2007 3:37:15 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
flerd_trandle said...
Columbus as well, from what I hear. They will show off their new unis at the draft.

Sens are going to bag the original logo that appears on the current white sweater and go with the centurion crest from the red sweater as their main logo. Rumor also had it that the Toronto leaf was going to change a bit.

[ PM morgdad ]   __________________
``Go, there's nothing stopping you!'' - Ilya Kovalchuk

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

fatschoonerrat

June 22, 2007 8:03:43 pm

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

Any news on this front?

[ PM fatschoonerrat ]   __________________
Gangsta Fresh Prince

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Holland

July 9, 2007 4:09:38 pm

lolland

[ Link to this post ]

ttt

[ PM Holland ]  

behind the net

July 9, 2007 4:14:30 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

The Caps is the best new one IMO, I like the BJ's new one as well.

[ PM behind the net ]   __________________
ôA woman who wildly mismanages and bankrupts a quarter-of-a-billion-dollar campaign operation, and then blames sexism in society, will dampen the dreams of our daughters.ö Maureen Dowd on Hillary Clinton 8/13

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

CheapSeats

July 9, 2007 5:52:56 pm

Miss Stake

[ Link to this post ]

So columbus is going to come play southern teams wearing a shoulder patch with a union army cap?

I wonder how well, this would go over on the shoulder of a Southern team:

PR nightmare in the making.

[ PM CheapSeats ]   __________________
72 DO:{JHOPJHINS GREASTTEST TEWAM EVER MOTHER CFUCKERS!!!!
- Mangoholico

Spell check is the drunk man's penis pump. - Boatdrinks

We do not support government bailouts of private institutions. GOP 2008 platform

dmatos

July 9, 2007 6:47:35 pm

Entropy Generator's Dad

[ Link to this post ]

You know, I never even thought of Blue Jackets as in Union soldiers (just blue yellow jackets), I guess it's the same deal as the Augusta Green Jacket (green yellow jacket v. golf champion) baseball team....

[ PM dmatos ]   __________________
Pics of the kid at g33kbaby.com or go see my flickr stream
Go buy some crap at Tanga it's like woot.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

CheapSeats

July 9, 2007 7:39:02 pm

Miss Stake

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
dmatos said...
You know, I never even thought of Blue Jackets as in Union soldiers (just blue yellow jackets), I guess it's the same deal as the Augusta Green Jacket (green yellow jacket v. golf champion) baseball team....

Me either, at least until they put this:

on the shoulder.

5'll get you 20 that that logo is gone before next season starts.

[ PM CheapSeats ]   __________________
72 DO:{JHOPJHINS GREASTTEST TEWAM EVER MOTHER CFUCKERS!!!!
- Mangoholico

Spell check is the drunk man's penis pump. - Boatdrinks

We do not support government bailouts of private institutions. GOP 2008 platform

RoyalAir

July 9, 2007 9:42:52 pm

SheAndOnoVan's Bitch

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
CheapSeats said...
So columbus is going to come play southern teams wearing a shoulder patch with a union army cap?

I wonder how well, this would go over on the shoulder of a Southern team:

PR nightmare in the making.

I thought for a while that it would be cool if the Thrashers were named instead the Georgia Generals, with Stone Mountain serving as inspiration for the logo (Dafoe's last mask had something like this on it, IIRC). When Thrasher magazine raised the possibility of a lawsuit against Turner for naming the club the Thrashers, I thought it was a possible route, seeing as how Ted's a WBTS buff.

No doubt the Georgia Generals would have more scrutiny and opposition than the Columbus Blue Jackets. That team should've been named the Explorers, anyway.

Dmatos, take a closer look at that green bug thing the CBJ used to have. He's wearing a keppy and a Union jacket. The name is for the soldier and manufacturing of coats in Columbus; the bug is just a play-on-words a la GreenJackets.

[ PM RoyalAir ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Jump to page: ( 1 2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...Last Page )
Previous Thread | Next Thread