Support the SmirkinChicken when you shop at Amazon.
SmirkinChicken Forums SmirkinChicken Forums
Log Out

Forum Jump:

Atlanta Thrashers -> they just carried perrin off the ice

Author  
Post Reply to this thread

Holland

January 11, 2008 11:32:48 am

lolland

[ Link to this post ]

they just carried perrin off the ice
During a drill perrin was driving on klee. On the right doorstep of the goal, perrin was drifting outside so klee tried to check him farther outside. However at the last second perrin went low and drove to the net. Klee already began his check and drove perrin point blank into the side of the net pole. The net didn't budge. Kari immediatly yelled for the trainers. It was loud and ugly. It looked like he led with his shoulder/arm and I thought perhaps he broke or dislocated it, but then he couldn't put weight on his leg at all so I don't know if that all twisted under him too.

Sorry for the poor type, I'm on my phone.

[ PM Holland ]  

Ice Ice Baby!

January 11, 2008 11:34:51 am

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

Looks like Little will get another crack...I bet he's on a plane already...

[ PM Ice Ice Baby! ]   __________________
Word To Your Mother!

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

matandmel06

January 11, 2008 11:39:26 am

Top Prospect

[ Link to this post ]

Swell...

Why couldn't it have been Klee??? Bastard.

[ PM matandmel06 ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

The Falconer

January 11, 2008 11:57:53 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Holland said...
During a drill perrin was driving on klee. On the right doorstep of the goal, perrin was drifting outside so klee tried to check him farther outside. However at the last second perrin went low and drove to the net. Klee already began his check and drove perrin point blank into the side of the net pole. The net didn't budge. Kari immediatly yelled for the trainers. It was loud and ugly. It looked like he led with his shoulder/arm and I thought perhaps he broke or dislocated it, but then he couldn't put weight on his leg at all so I don't know if that all twisted under him too.

I always figured posting from a phone would cause a person to be brief and concise. LOL

That is bad but fortunately we do have some depth in Chicago and Little is very sound defensively.

[ PM The Falconer ]   __________________
http://www.birdwatchersanonymous.com/

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

THRASHERVILLE

January 11, 2008 12:02:24 pm

Magically Delicious!

[ Link to this post ]

Holland's phone does not have !!!!!!!!!!!!'s

[ PM THRASHERVILLE ]   __________________
When God said He would make a halfback or a fullback, He might have said Gale Sayers or He might have said Jim Brown. But when He said He would make the best football player who ever lived, He probably said Walter Payton. -Mike Ditka

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Sharks and Thrash

January 11, 2008 12:10:18 pm

Top Prospect

[ Link to this post ]

Sucks for a team lacking depth. Perrin has been one of our better players. He, Recchi, Holik, and Dupuis have been forming a nice little core of grit, hustle, and secondary scoring of late.

[ PM Sharks and Thrash ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

JG

January 11, 2008 12:14:23 pm

Fatty Banger

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
The Falconer said...
quote:
Holland said...

I always figured posting from a phone would cause a person to be brief and concise. LOL

That is bad but fortunately we do have some depth in Chicago and Little is very sound defensively.

That is brief and concise for land!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!1!!eleventy

[ PM JG ]   __________________
CheapSeats said, "Not quote drani pout."

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

behind the net

January 11, 2008 2:51:05 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

Wonderful

Sterling had better be able to stay on his feet this time.

[ PM behind the net ]   __________________
ďA woman who wildly mismanages and bankrupts a quarter-of-a-billion-dollar campaign operation, and then blames sexism in society, will dampen the dreams of our daughters.Ē Maureen Dowd on Hillary Clinton 8/13

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

clambake

January 11, 2008 3:19:42 pm

Ass Hamster

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Ice Ice Baby! said...

Looks like Little will get another crack...I bet he's on a plane already...

Or is Slater going to magically reappear?

[ PM clambake ]   __________________
In my day we didn't ask why the chicken crossed the road. Somebody told us the chicken crossed the road, and that was good enough.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

JuneyMoon

January 11, 2008 3:54:03 pm

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/thrashers/entries/2008/01/11/surprised_hossa.html

"Eric Perrin had to leave practice early today when he crashed into the net. But early indications are that itís a charly horse and nothing major, so the Thrashers might have dodged a bullet."

Also answers speculation about Slater:

"The cloud around Slaterís injury has led to a lot of speculation and understandably so. Let me try to clear some of it up. First, he skated today before practice and the team is easing him back into shape. His injury/illness is a groin injury that caused stomach discomfort. You can stop the Slater vigils and candle lighting, it sounds like heís going to be just fine. He just needs to get back into hockey shape."

[ PM JuneyMoon ]   Edited by JuneyMoon January 11, 2008 8:05:44 am.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

DCThrasherfan

January 11, 2008 4:06:05 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
JuneyMoon said...
http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/thrashers/entries/2008/01/11/surprised_hossa.html

"Eric Perrin had to leave practice early today when he crashed into the net. But early indications are that itís a charly horse and nothing major, so the Thrashers might have dodged a bullet."

Also answers speculation about Slater:

"The cloud around Slaterís injury has led to a lot of speculation and understandably so. Let me try to clear some of it up. First, he skated today before practice and the team is easing him back into shape. His injury/illness is a groin injury that caused stomach discomfort. You can stop the Slater vigils and candle lighting, it sounds like heís going to be just fine. He just needs to get back into hockey shape."

Re: Slater, why didn't they just tell us that from the start?

[ PM DCThrasherfan ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Holland

January 11, 2008 4:22:14 pm

lolland

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
The Falconer said...

lol... I have a full keyboard, so i didn't have to use shortcuts for words. I was talking more about poor grammar and spelling.

quote:
JuneyMoon said...

Yeah I saw Odgie after practice who said the same thing about the charley horse. Perrin drove himself home, but he walked out on crutches. I bet he's going to quite black and blue.

[ PM Holland ]  

Previous Thread | Next Thread