Support the SmirkinChicken when you shop at Amazon.
SmirkinChicken Forums SmirkinChicken Forums
Log Out

Forum Jump:

The Secret Board -> Falcons to pick 3rd

Author  
Post Reply to this thread

SuperFan

February 22, 2008 8:36:42 am

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

Falcons to pick 3rd
Did something positive actually happen for the Falcons?

[ PM SuperFan ]   __________________
SuperFan says: until next time, don't step on downed power lines.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Nnamath

February 22, 2008 8:39:30 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
SuperFan said...

pick McFadden or trade the pick

[ PM Nnamath ]   __________________
Fair enough, I like the rest of it.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Dizzy

February 22, 2008 8:43:18 am

All-Star

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Nnamath said...
quote:
SuperFan said...

and what? watch him go 2 yards and get stuffed behind THAT shitty line?

it would be a sexy pick and possibly sell tickets short term, but draft needs, not wants. and right now, they need a o-line man or d-line man.

[ PM Dizzy ]   __________________
If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Nnamath

February 22, 2008 8:48:45 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
dizzy said...
quote:
Nnamath said...
quote:
SuperFan said...

and what? watch him go 2 yards and get stuffed behind THAT shitty line?

it would be a sexy pick and possibly sell tickets short term, but draft needs, not wants. and right now, they need a o-line man or d-line man.

that's why I said trade the pick. You have two choices - pick sexy or pick smart. Take a QB in the second or third round. That dude from San Diego is getting a lot of play, he should be available then.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

KB56

February 22, 2008 9:01:25 am

Looking forward to a "Summer of 69" with KBrooking

[ Link to this post ]

New rumor I just read said Atlanta may ship MEAngelo to the Giants for the #31 pick, which would immediately put them in the running to land Asante Samuel in free agency. Personally, I like the idea because it sends a message that the house cleaning going on will be a complete job.

[ PM KB56 ]   __________________
Gunter glieben glauchen globen

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Carz

February 22, 2008 9:17:07 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
kb56 said...
New rumor I just read said Atlanta may ship MEAngelo to the Giants for the #31 pick, which would immediately put them in the running to land Asante Samuel in free agency. Personally, I like the idea because it sends a message that the house cleaning going on will be a complete job.

Hall had a good season. He's worth more than that. I wouldn't mind seeing him go, but make good deal decisions. Higher picks, or Giants pick and a servicable lineman.

[ PM Carz ]   __________________
Oh, like they knew the difference!

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

KB56

February 22, 2008 9:33:58 am

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Carz said...
Hall had a good season. He's worth more than that. I wouldn't mind seeing him go, but make good deal decisions. Higher picks, or Giants pick and a servicable lineman.

A first round pick for Hall doesn't equal good trade value? IIRC Randy Moss was acquired for a 4th round pick last year, and I'll go out on a limb and say he had a little better year than MEAngelo.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Carz

February 22, 2008 9:40:54 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
kb56 said...
quote:
Carz said...

A first round pick for Hall doesn't equal good trade value? IIRC Randy Moss was acquired for a 4th round pick last year, and I'll go out on a limb and say he had a little better year than MEAngelo.

Different situation. Salary dump, plus, Moss was quitting on the Raiders and there were questions about whether he was over the hill.
Hall is playing for his next contract.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Nnamath

February 22, 2008 9:47:13 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

Just talking here but say you keep the 3 pick, and take McFadden or Ryan. You make the trade with Giants and you have the 31 pick. You get the sexy pick at three, then draft a lineman at 31 or even trade it for multiple twos and threes. The "experts" say this draft is deep with late first rounders and second and third rounders. You could get the multiple players to play right away and still energize your fan base with the 3 pick by taking McFadden or Ryan.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Millwood

February 22, 2008 9:50:27 am

Top Yeap

[ Link to this post ]

If you have the chance to take McFadden, take him.

And if you have the chance to dump D Hall for the 31st pick, do it.

[ PM Millwood ]   __________________
This marble I just ate is soft, chewy and sweet. It reminds me of a gumball. - Barack Obama

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Carz

February 22, 2008 9:51:24 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Nnamath said...
Just talking here but say you keep the 3 pick, and take McFadden or Ryan. You make the trade with Giants and you have the 31 pick. You get the sexy pick at three, then draft a lineman at 31 or even trade it for multiple twos and threes. The "experts" say this draft is deep with late first rounders and second and third rounders. You could get the multiple players to play right away and still energize your fan base with the 3 pick by taking McFadden or Ryan.

I don't think any of this year's QBs will energize the fan base.There are no Panning, Palmer, Young, Vick(yeah, I said it) Leinart type personalies in the draft.
McFadden has it. Is it worth it for the short term benefits of ticket sales? Tough call.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

3putt

February 22, 2008 9:51:38 am

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Nnamath said...

They are going to trade the #3 Pick to the Jets for the #6 Pick and a 3rd rounder. Then they probably will trade the #6 Pick for more if McFadden drops.

[ PM 3putt ]   __________________

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Homer

February 22, 2008 9:56:26 am

Bubba Ho-Tep

[ Link to this post ]

trade three to Dallas or draft a lineman either Long if he's there or Cedric whatsisface, trade hall for the pick, carz to get more for him you have to have somebody willing to give you more, he plays one more year and is gone anyway. Draft a QB in the second if you must, cellini and dimino rave about Henne.

[ PM Homer ]   __________________
Winning

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Nnamath

February 22, 2008 9:58:57 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
3putt said...
quote:
Nnamath said...

They are going to trade the #3 Pick to the Jets for the #6 Pick and a 3rd rounder. Then they probably will trade the #6 Pick for more if McFadden drops.

I hope this doesn't happen, The Jets will pass on McFadden because of Thomas Jones and I will have a heart attack.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

tvwxman

February 22, 2008 10:04:01 am

Slacker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Carz said...
quote:
Nnamath said...

I don't think any of this year's QBs will energize the fan base.There are no Panning, Palmer, Young, Vick(yeah, I said it) Leinart type personalies in the draft.
McFadden has it. Is it worth it for the short term benefits of ticket sales? Tough call.

I don't want to see Ryan taken at #3. The problem will be twofold: 1. He'll hold out for big bucks and miss 3/4 of training camp. 2. By week 3 or 4, fans and the media will be clamoring for him to start, and he'll get shellacked, most likely turning into the next David Carr or Alex Smith.

Take McFadden at 3, then draft Booty in the middle rounds. That way, he can work his way into a better team in 09.

[ PM tvwxman ]   __________________
Since this is an era when many people are concerned about "fairness" and "social justice," what is your "fair share" of what someone else has worked for? -- Thomas Sowell

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Nnamath

February 22, 2008 10:06:29 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

I;m with Chris Dynamite and Chills, Henne will be a better pro than college QB. Take him in the twos.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

shibuii

February 22, 2008 10:09:14 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
tvwxman said...
quote:
Carz said...
quote:
Nnamath said...

I don't want to see Ryan taken at #3. The problem will be twofold: 1. He'll hold out for big bucks and miss 3/4 of training camp. 2. By week 3 or 4, fans and the media will be clamoring for him to start, and he'll get shellacked, most likely turning into the next David Carr or Alex Smith.

Take McFadden at 3, then draft Booty in the middle rounds. That way, he can work his way into a better team in 09.

I'd say take Long at 3 and draft Booty in the middle. People keep saying that Norwood isn't a "feature" back, but how do you really know until you feature him?

[ PM shibuii ]   __________________
Millwood said...Vince Young would be a good QB, except for one small factor. He's black. Tough break, Vince.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

KB56

February 22, 2008 10:22:29 am

[ Link to this post ]

Voted Jake Long, then hope Matt Ryan drops far enough to move up and take him.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

JoeSieve

February 22, 2008 10:24:10 am

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

Long and Henne. I just don't understand why Henne doesn't get more love. The guy is solid. As far as McFadden, now is not the time for the Falcons to draft somebody at #3 who keeps getting arrested before he even graduates.

[ PM JoeSieve ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Carz

February 22, 2008 10:38:01 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
JoeSieve said...
. I just don't understand why Henne doesn't get more love. .

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Jump to page: ( 1 2  3  4  ...Last Page )
Previous Thread | Next Thread