Support the SmirkinChicken when you shop at Amazon.
SmirkinChicken Forums SmirkinChicken Forums
Log Out

Forum Jump:

The Secret Board -> 3 Million dead...and counting.

Author  
Post Reply to this thread

aquaman

November 28, 2003 2:26:12 pm

annoying, but not truly contentious

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Poster said...
quote:
aquaman said...
Since you brought it up. What do you do about the "supply side" of the slave trade. Given that the western white man created the "demand side" of the equation (which is a simplistic way of looking at it in the first place), why do we not demand accountability from the Africans that supplied other Africans?

That's a politically incorrect, yet very valid question.

I wonder what Sean Penn would say? He would just pull something out of his handbook, "The Handbook of Kneejerk Simplistic Liberal Rhetoric. The Non-Thinking Man's Answer to Every Question in the World"

[ PM aquaman ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Poster

November 28, 2003 2:29:20 pm

Nutsack

Location: Enjoying a slavish concern for the composition of words.
[ Link to this post ]

quote:
aquaman said...
I wonder what Sean Penn would say? He would just pull something out of his handbook, "The Handbook of Kneejerk Simplistic Liberal Rhetoric. The Non-Thinking Man's Answer to Every Question in the World"

He'd just punch the cameraman in the face.

[ PM Poster ]   __________________
Ladies and gentlemen and JG if you'll look off the cabin to your left, you'll see a fat lady falling in a hole.

aquaman

November 28, 2003 2:34:11 pm

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Poster said...
quote:
aquaman said...

He'd just punch the cameraman in the face.

LOL.

[ PM aquaman ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Michael in Lost Mt.

November 28, 2003 2:34:48 pm

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
ZORRO said...
While the media spends 24/7 on Michael Jackson and Scott Peterson three million people have died so far this year from AIDS.
As many as 46 million people world wide are living with the virus.
This according to a new UN report released this past week.

5 Million new cases this past year alone.
The epidemic is rampant in sub-Saharan Africa. More recent epidemics in China, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, Vietnam, and several Central Asian republics are growing.

It is quite clear that our current global efforts remain entirely inadequate for an epidemic that is continuing to spiral out of control.
Africa alone has 29 million infected people.

While we pay attention to Mike and Scott......this virus may kill us all.

The medical profession has stated that this virus started with white middle-class gay men, but today, if you use a sterotype, the face of AIDS is a young women from Africa.

Zorro-I heard that same report on AIDS the other day.

I tried to put it into perspective, & the only way I could was by saying it was like Nuking a world-class city like Atlanta off the map every single year.

MILM

[ PM Michael in Lost Mt. ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Poster

November 28, 2003 2:47:11 pm

Nutsack

Location: Enjoying a slavish concern for the composition of words.
[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Michael in Lost Mt. said...

I tried to put it into perspective, & the only way I could was by saying it was like Nuking a world-class city like Atlanta off the map every single year.

MILM

The only difference being that the citizens of Atlanta don't willingly submit themselves to nuclear annihilation on a yearly basis.

My point, for the hard of thinking, is that you don't accidently get AIDS.

Also, AIDS isn't a virus, for the nitpicky.

[ PM Poster ]   __________________
Ladies and gentlemen and JG if you'll look off the cabin to your left, you'll see a fat lady falling in a hole.

day for night

November 28, 2003 3:04:35 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

Ah yes, a light, fun and uplifting post Thanksgiving topic.

[ PM day for night ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Michael in Lost Mt.

November 28, 2003 3:08:41 pm

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
aquaman said...
The situation actually appears pretty hopeless. The sub-saharan countries do not want "western" help with anything and the help that is provided in the form of medicine and food is taken to enrich the corrupt leadership.

Perfect example (and there are many) is Mugabe in Zimbabwe. He came into power to rid Rhodesia of white rule (which would have been fine if he really had the interest of the country in mind). He then proceeded to destroy the country.

What is the world supposed to do with this? I sure don't know.

Waterman-You are correct about one thing. You sure don't know.

From what facts do you speak with any supposed authority that sub-Saharan Africa wishes no Western help?

I would love to hear about that!

America gives foreign aid to crooked African leaders for their support, & then turns a blind eye as to what comes of that money, on the fantasy that that money will work like Ronald Reagan's bullshit "trickle-down theory", which says that if you shove enough money in the pockets of a rich man, eventually the seams of his pocket will bust & a couple of pennies will fall out of it for the beggars on the sidewalk to pick up & live on.

To my knowledge, America does little to demand accountability for the money it pisses away in Africa.

You can prop me up & single me out as a bleeding-heart liberal if you wish, because it has no effect on me.

In my posts, I neither sided for or against our involvement in Liberia, only lamenting that we had already spread our troops so thin around the globe & are pissing so much military money away that we could perhaps not dedicate ourselves to the Liberian matter that we otherwise could.

I have long posted on how the U.S blots out Africa from the map of the World when wars that kill millions occur there, & we turn a deaf ear to it.

I understand why we do it. Because, for the most part, Africa is a backward, stagnant dinosaur of humanity.

Unless some important African natural resource or something is involved, it is not a high priority.

Some people will love me saying this & others will be appalled, but so be it.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

aquaman

November 28, 2003 3:22:17 pm

[ Link to this post ]

quote:

You read Sean Penn's handbook. Good for you!

At least I will admit that it is alot more complex than what you and your type would like to admit.

You are so blinded by partisanship that your only arguments are against things implemented or expanded by republican administrations. Going back to 1900, administrations in both parties have done well and poorly.

The reason you have no credibility is not because you are a liberal. Far from it. The reason is that you are arrogant and intellectually dishonest. Intelligent debate is possible with anyone but the stupid, the arrogant and the dishonest. I wish that you were stupid.

[ PM aquaman ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Michael in Lost Mt.

November 28, 2003 4:09:50 pm

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
aquaman said...
quote:
But in Liberia, I don't completely blame the U.S. for the sorry state of the Land, but they are branded, like cattle from our past enslavement of them.

Since you brought it up. What do you do about the "supply side" of the slave trade. Given that the western white man created the "demand side" of the equation (which is a simplistic way of looking at it in the first place), why do we not demand accountability from the Africans that supplied other Africans?

Water-boy:I am not at all blind to those facts of history, but you must know that they are down-played or deemphasized or surpressed for the sake of those who want to write so-called historys/myth books with a queered & biased agenda.

It is endlessly documented that one African tribe kidnapped the inhabitants of a neighboring tribe & sold them off into slavery.

This slave-napping was an extension of their former tribal warfare, but, with the advent of the slave trade, it was considered more profitable to kidnap their enemies for slavery than for killing them in warfare.

Also, as everyone know, the Moslems & Arabs were the primary middle-men in the African slave trade.

But the institution of Slavery is not simply a monolithic institution, but there were variations on the idea.

When the Portugese & Spaniards first brought slaves from Africa back to Portugal & Spain, it was a period when slavery was more benign & temporary a state than the hard, eternal sort of slavery perfected in the Americas.

In early slavery, it was a temporary sort of servitude, resembling in some ways the concept of indentured servitude of early American colonists or the American Inian's concept of slavery.

In this system, a slave would gradually win their freedom by loyal service, but was not considered a life-long prison sentence, much less a sentence to be passed on to all the subsequent generations of that slave.

Michael in Lost Mountain

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

aquaman

November 28, 2003 4:14:39 pm

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Water-boy:I am not at all blind to those facts of history, but you must know that they are down-played or deemphasized or surpressed for the sake of those who want to write so-called historys/myth books with a queered & biased agenda.

don't disagree with your post.

Here is another question. What are your children bringing home in their textbooks? Mine are inundated with black history as the primary message they are getting in elementary school to the point that it is an embarrassingly one sided "queered and biased agenda."

[ PM aquaman ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

aquaman

November 28, 2003 4:17:46 pm

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
[It is endlessly documented that one African tribe kidnapped the inhabitants of a neighboring tribe & sold them off into slavery.

Also, as everyone know, the Moslems & Arabs were the primary middle-men in the African slave trade.

Two other things:

1. Not endlessly documented in the elementary school brainwashing.
2. They still are. And not just middlemen, but end users.

[ PM aquaman ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Michael in Lost Mt.

November 28, 2003 4:22:36 pm

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Poster said...
quote:
aquaman said...
Exactly

The problem is that when you start dropping bombs on these assholes, weak-hearted liberals like MiLM start crying and whining about this and that. However, as strange as it may be for these same people who are all about preaching equality between races, I GUARANTEE you that they would be 100% behind the same military action, were we defending Bonn from the Chinese.

I fully endorse, and wholeheartedly support the decision to send troops to Liberia, for what it's worth. I am only disappointed that we didn't send a larger show of force.

I'm sure Bush and his advisors are anxiously reading this board awaiting my opinion.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Michael in Lost Mt.

November 28, 2003 4:31:14 pm

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Poster said...
quote:
aquaman said...
Exactly

The problem is that when you start dropping bombs on these assholes, weak-hearted liberals like MiLM start crying and whining about this and that. However, as strange as it may be for these same people who are all about preaching equality between races, I GUARANTEE you that they would be 100% behind the same military action, were we defending Bonn from the Chinese.

I fully endorse, and wholeheartedly support the decision to send troops to Liberia, for what it's worth. I am only disappointed that we didn't send a larger show of force.

I'm sure Bush and his advisors are anxiously reading this board awaiting my opinion.

Poster-As far as the Chinese go, I think America may be fast sowing the seeds of it's own destruction.

I don't have some fear of the Yellow Peril, but I have a healthy respect for a super-nation that has a quarter of the World's population.

We have helped awaken this sleeping giant by pumping all the money we have into China to build factories, which in many cases are more modern than our own American factories in that same industry.

Why? So that American millionaires can get cut-rate Chinese labor & shit-can all their American workers who are so "unrealistic" as to desire to work for a living wage.

Essentially, we are supplying China & Mexico & Korea & other countries with all the essential tools that have allowed the U.S. to maintain a competitive edge in the World economy.

All for the sake of these American factory owners & their stockholders to turn a profit, which, in the long-run amounts to Economic Treason, the way I see it, & is only one step short of shutting down our American Defense industry plants & moving them overseas to cut labor costs.

Which may already be happening, for all I know.

In which case, in time of international crisis, these nations can "nationalize" our overseas factories against us, just as the U.S. did with German factories in America in WWII.

Let it never be forgotten that one of the major reasons that America came to compete with England, our Mother Country, is because we stole the secrets of their textile trade & set up our own textile factories, in complete defiance of what would now be considered average international Patent laws.

So that America stole the textile industy from England.

Which is just, by my prediction, insignificant compared to how American technology will be robbed or bargained away or freely pissed down the toilet to other Nations, in a technological development that the average citizen will never know or care about until what you have developed as a Nation is heaped back on your head in warfare, at which time dumbass Americans will scratch their heads & then pretend anger & pretend ignorance, proclaiming "how did this ever happen??"

But, even if I am dead by then, I will know how it happened.

Just don't dig me up to ask me why, yet again, because I have been telling you why for years.

Michael in Lost Mountain/Pocket Prophet

[ PM Michael in Lost Mt. ]   Edited by Michael in Lost Mt. November 29, 2003 1:22:54 am.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Michael in Lost Mt.

November 28, 2003 4:46:44 pm

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Poster said...
quote:

MILM

The only difference being that the citizens of Atlanta don't willingly submit themselves to nuclear annihilation on a yearly basis.

My point, for the hard of thinking, is that you don't accidently get AIDS.

Also, AIDS isn't a virus, for the nitpicky.

Huh? Poster? So you willingly get AIDS?

A novel concept to me. Thanks for broadening my intellectual horizons.

MILM

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Michael in Lost Mt.

November 28, 2003 4:57:02 pm

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Poster said...
quote:
Poster-The only reason we sent any troops at all to Liberia, as a symbolic gesture, is to preserve the American myth of the U.S's founding of that sorry-ass excuse for a nation & to preserve the notion that America "honors it's comittments, blah, blah."

MILM

Yes, I know that, and that's the part that disappoints me. We really do need to do something about Liberia. I am glad we at least gave a half-hearted effort, but I wish that we had given a better effort.

Fret not, Poster-If & when Pharoah George Busch Light's war on terrorism expands into Africa, it wouldn't be unlikely that he'd piss away billions of American tax dollars to set up military bases in Liberia as a bridge-head for his African campaign.

That way, Liberia will be "saved" by America, by all of our service boys lining the pockets of the Liberian hookers. We can **** Liberia into Democratic enlightment.

MILM

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Michael in Lost Mt.

November 28, 2003 5:06:16 pm

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
day for night said...
Ah yes, a light, fun and uplifting post Thanksgiving topic.

Yes, Day-nite, that's why we stand by our posts, in rain & sleet & the whole nine, just to spread the holiday cheer!

Merry turkey.

MILM

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Michael in Lost Mt.

November 28, 2003 5:15:03 pm

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
aquaman said...
quote:

You read Sean Penn's handbook. Good for you!

At least I will admit that it is alot more complex than what you and your type would like to admit.

You are so blinded by partisanship that your only arguments are against things implemented or expanded by republican administrations. Going back to 1900, administrations in both parties have done well and poorly.

The reason you have no credibility is not because you are a liberal. Far from it. The reason is that you are arrogant and intellectually dishonest. Intelligent debate is possible with anyone but the stupid, the arrogant and the dishonest. I wish that you were stupid.

Water-boy: This post is where you have self-imploded into driveling nonsense.

MILM

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Michael in Lost Mt.

November 28, 2003 5:29:34 pm

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
aquaman said...
quote:

don't disagree with your post.

Here is another question. What are your children bringing home in their textbooks? Mine are inundated with black history as the primary message they are getting in elementary school to the point that it is an embarrassingly one sided "queered and biased agenda."

Water-boy: Regretfully, or fortunately, depending on your point of view, I have no children, which I perhaps romantically bemoan the older I get.

I don't know the contents of your childrens' school textbooks, but could probably hazzard a fair guess.

The schoolbook-writing industry is just an extension of the American advertising racket, & like the Madison Avenue advertizing industry, it is centered in New York City.

And like the Ad racket, the textbook industy is extremely competitive & the art of selling books is selling/advertising/peddling what your customers want to see in print written about themselves.

The more you flatter a group of people in print, the better chance you have of getting their school system to buy your books.

When I was in Catholic school, all the books we had were written with a bias making you think that Catholics were better than other people.

I'm sure that books skewed toward Jewish schools or Mormon schools or Southern private Christian schools contain the same kinds of lies or falsehoods or biases, as well as books that may exist to court Black schools, or whatever.

No school system will buy books that don't say what they are all just dying to hear about America, whether it's truth or rubbish.

They are books of half-falsehoods & half-myths passing as fact & truth & history.

But they mix the lies and the truth in so cleverly that you can barely tell one from the other, even if you are an educated adult, much less a poor innocent child who has total faith in his or her education & would never suspect for a second that you were being lied to for somebody's political or social agenda.

I consider this sin of brainwashing children just short of the sin of child-molesting, and maybe worse in some ways.

Some of these books are only good as ass-wipe.

Michael in Lost Mountain

[ PM Michael in Lost Mt. ]   Edited by Michael in Lost Mt. November 28, 2003 6:43:34 pm.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

aquaman

November 28, 2003 5:30:29 pm

[ Link to this post ]

quote:

MILM

Whatever you say oh self annointed bearer of information.

[ PM aquaman ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Michael in Lost Mt.

November 28, 2003 5:47:48 pm

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
aquaman said...
quote:

MILM

Whatever you say oh self annointed bearer of information.

Water-boy:

If you give me something to work with, I usually respond, but you could not reasonally think I would weed through that post of your's, which was just a hodge-podge of cliche insults with no point in mind or no idea to cement that spit-ball together.

MILM

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Jump to page: ( 1  2 3  ...Last Page )
Previous Thread | Next Thread