Support the SmirkinChicken when you shop at Amazon.
SmirkinChicken Forums SmirkinChicken Forums
Log Out

Forum Jump:

The Secret Board -> 3 Million dead...and counting.

Author  
Post Reply to this thread

aquaman

November 28, 2003 5:57:56 pm

annoying, but not truly contentious

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Michael in Lost Mt. said...
quote:
aquaman said...
quote:
Water-boy: This post is where you have self-imploded into driveling nonsense.

MILM

Whatever you say oh self annointed bearer of information.

Water-boy:

If you give me something to work with, I usually respond, but you could not reasonally think I would weed through that post of your's, which was just a hodge-podge of cliche insults with no point in mind or no idea to cement that spit-ball together.

MILM

I'll condense it for you. Your previous post was condescending and arrogant as is this one to which I am responding.

[ PM aquaman ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Michael in Lost Mt.

November 28, 2003 6:12:29 pm

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
aquaman said...
quote:
quote:
aquaman said...
quote:
Water-boy: This post is where you have self-imploded into driveling nonsense.

MILM

Whatever you say oh self annointed bearer of information.

Water-boy:

If you give me something to work with, I usually respond, but you could not reasonally think I would weed through that post of your's, which was just a hodge-podge of cliche insults with no point in mind or no idea to cement that spit-ball together.

MILM

I'll condense it for you. Your previous post was condescending and arrogant as is this one to which I am responding.

Ah!? Water-boy:

And just how were you expecting me to reply to your insulting post?

MILM

[ PM Michael in Lost Mt. ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

aquaman

November 28, 2003 6:20:36 pm

[ Link to this post ]

quote:

Ah!? Water-boy:

MILM

Selective memory you have there.

We were actually having a decent conversation when I acknowledged that the situation in Africa is beyond me knowing what to do (unlike some here, I don't pretend to know everything).

In your next post, you lead with:

"Waterman-You are correct about one thing. You sure don't know."

Nice job trying to deflect.

[ PM aquaman ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

tvwxman

November 28, 2003 6:46:10 pm

Slacker

[ Link to this post ]

Back to the AIDS question, and I'm personally more troubled stateside that HIV in the rural, black female population is exploding. Yet, it's more important for Jesse Jackson and other supposed leaders that some kids who start a riot at a football game get let off.

Unfortunately, that demographic doesn't vote, doesn't have any money, and is so widespread as to become an ineffective political force. So while it's PC to send millions in aid to Africa, our own Americans are being issued a death sentence, and no one cares.

[ PM tvwxman ]   __________________
Since this is an era when many people are concerned about "fairness" and "social justice," what is your "fair share" of what someone else has worked for? -- Thomas Sowell

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Michael in Lost Mt.

November 28, 2003 6:59:20 pm

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
aquaman said...
quote:

Ah!? Water-boy:

MILM

Selective memory you have there.

We were actually having a decent conversation when I acknowledged that the situation in Africa is beyond me knowing what to do (unlike some here, I don't pretend to know everything).

In your next post, you lead with:

"Waterman-You are correct about one thing. You sure don't know."

Nice job trying to deflect.

Water-boy: Forgive me for holding you to your own words.

But that was beside the point.

Those words were from an hour or two before you & I got into a good conversation.

You have mistakenly taken earlier posts/remarks & tried to dredge them up into the good talk that you & I were having.

MILM

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Michael in Lost Mt.

November 28, 2003 7:16:59 pm

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
tvwxman said...
Back to the AIDS question, and I'm personally more troubled stateside that HIV in the rural, black female population is exploding. Yet, it's more important for Jesse Jackson and other supposed leaders that some kids who start a riot at a football game get let off.

Unfortunately, that demographic doesn't vote, doesn't have any money, and is so widespread as to become an ineffective political force. So while it's PC to send millions in aid to Africa, our own Americans are being issued a death sentence, and no one cares.

TV-I've long known & seen the potential for this AIDS thing.

Back when I lived in Key West, from about '87 til '91, it was often muttered among the local Straight populance that Key West was a town where the Gay population, from all over the Eastern coast came to die from AIDS, like a last day in the sun, or like one of those elephant grave-yards in Africa.

When I was up in the FDR Veteran's Hospital in Montrose, NY, there were lots of veterans who had AIDS, either from sex or from sharing needles doing dope with their pals on the streets who were already infected.

In the New York area, AIDS is rampant as hell. It was when I was there 10 years ago, & I know it could only have gotten far worse since I left there.

It's not popular copy in the national press, no matter how many die.

When you're trying to sell media time to advertisers, who wants to buy time slots discussing AIDS?

MILM

[ PM Michael in Lost Mt. ]   Edited by Michael in Lost Mt. November 28, 2003 8:20:53 pm.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

aquaman

November 28, 2003 7:36:02 pm

[ Link to this post ]

quote:

Those words were from an hour or two before you & I got into a good conversation.

You have mistakenly taken earlier posts/remarks & tried to dredge them up into the good talk that you & I were having.

MILM

I really don't have any idea what you are talking about. I give up.

[ PM aquaman ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Michael in Lost Mt.

November 28, 2003 8:36:13 pm

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
aquaman said...
quote:

MILM

I really don't have any idea what you are talking about. I give up.

Water-boy: Sorry you lost track of the sequence of posts here.

But that is an unfortunate sometime by-product of this type of Board setup.

Which is why I still silently lament the passing of MMG's old system, where I think you could visually & mentally follow the train of thought of threads more easily.

MILM

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Flex Buffchest

November 28, 2003 9:27:49 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
ZORRO said...
While the media spends 24/7 on Michael Jackson and Scott Peterson three million people have died so far this year from AIDS.
As many as 46 million people world wide are living with the virus.
This according to a new UN report released this past week.

5 Million new cases this past year alone.
The epidemic is rampant in sub-Saharan Africa. More recent epidemics in China, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, Vietnam, and several Central Asian republics are growing.

It is quite clear that our current global efforts remain entirely inadequate for an epidemic that is continuing to spiral out of control.
Africa alone has 29 million infected people.

While we pay attention to Mike and Scott......this virus may kill us all.

The medical profession has stated that this virus started with white middle-class gay men, but today, if you use a sterotype, the face of AIDS is a young women from Africa.

I wonder how this compares to annual cancer casualties.

[ PM Flex Buffchest ]   __________________
"I can't think of one show that I ever played with that band where we walked offstage and said, 'That was great.'" - Dave Grohl on being in Nirvana

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Michael in Lost Mt.

November 28, 2003 10:04:10 pm

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Poster said...
By the way, "world perception" was not against us when thousands of U.S. soldiers were mowed down at Normandy.

World perception wasn't against us when the U.S.S. Iowa pulled into port with tanks.

World perception wasn't against us when we sent thousands of U.S. citizens to die in a war on a continent a thousand miles away.

You're welcome, France.

Poster-What's the source of your anti-French hard-on?

Do you have some reasoned basis for it, or are you just piling-on with the rest of the ignorants, which I suspect?

Just following the war mob blabber sentiment so that you would be one of the guys, or what?

Just trotting along behind the lynch mob? At such a distance that you could either claim to be part of them or to disassociate yourself from them, as was most convenient for you to do so, in light of whatever subsequent events might unfold?

MILM

[ PM Michael in Lost Mt. ]   Edited by Michael in Lost Mt. November 29, 2003 1:27:32 am.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

ZORRO

November 29, 2003 10:42:24 am

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

Thank you everyone for the replies.
The reason for this post has nothing to do with politics. Left or Right is not important.
The press has a responibility to the American people. An obligation to the American people.
They are the spine of the Constitution.
The News division has no right to go after 'Ratings'.
The statistics I printed here are of major importance to the entire world.
Not the life stories of Michael and Scott.

Give us the news.......not 'Entertainment Tonight'.

[ PM ZORRO ]   __________________

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Jump to page: ( 1  2  3 )
Previous Thread | Next Thread