Support the SmirkinChicken when you shop at Amazon.
SmirkinChicken Forums SmirkinChicken Forums
Log Out

Forum Jump:

Atlanta Thrashers -> Fall 2008 Rec League Scoring Race

Author  
Post Reply to this thread

clambake

October 29, 2008 5:10:43 pm

Ass Hamster

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
adam at work said...
quote:
Chigaimasu said...
I blame the old man for telling me to play center. Two wins in the faceoff circle, -4 on the night, no goals, assists, or anything positive to speak of. Someone go fix his wrist so I can go back to playing wing.

If Clam's not up to it, I'll center next game, if you want.

It's all yours. I'm out until at least Thanksgiving (or to put it another way, the rest of the season) - non-displaced fracture of the distal radius (the big bone in my forearm). I'll let you sign my cast.

[ PM clambake ]   __________________
In my day we didn't ask why the chicken crossed the road. Somebody told us the chicken crossed the road, and that was good enough.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

sekret.squirrel

October 29, 2008 7:20:22 pm

Jr. Prospect

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
kopykat said...
quote:
clambake said...
He started the practice last season when he would steal the puck from his teammates and shoot at his own goalie.

but this time didn't he actually steal it from the OTHER team?

Who cares, the important question is does it count as an “Adam In 310 Goals That Really Weren't Points” point???

quote:
thrashergurl said...
Yes, that was "his" goal. I confirmed your story with the rodent. After the goal pneumonia man declared it his first goal, asked for the puck and skated over to the scorekeeper to give her his number and tell her it was his goal. As for the cough...he's had it since about game 3 of the season and swears it is from asthma. None of us buy it.

That was the most funniest thing I have ever seen. (Some people are just a little too concerned about goals .) But, you forgot the part where pneumonia man wanted to make sure that the scorekeeper also knew it was an unassisted[i/] goal. This amusement was well worth whatever punishment is meted out by the scoring committee; Captain Amazing has already suspended me for the next game .

quote:
clambake said...
quote:
adam at work said...
quote:
Chigaimasu said...
I blame the old man for telling me to play center. Two wins in the faceoff circle, -4 on the night, no goals, assists, or anything positive to speak of. Someone go fix his wrist so I can go back to playing wing.

If Clam's not up to it, I'll center next game, if you want.

It's all yours. I'm out until at least Thanksgiving (or to put it another way, the rest of the season) - non-displaced fracture of the distal radius (the big bone in my forearm). I'll let you sign my cast.

As an act of magnanimity, may I suggest that we suspend the scoring race until Mr Clambake has recovered? In any case, I might know somewhere you can find a good replacement center†. Seriously though, I am sending healing vibes your way (although it would mean more coming from a real doctor).

Rplumley should get one helmet sticker for each screw tightened! I had one of them things eat a pair of pants right off of me.

†Maybe Swanny and/or Swammy are available.

[ PM sekret.squirrel ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

rplumley

October 29, 2008 9:18:35 pm

Hall of Famer

Seats 1 and 2
[ Link to this post ]

quote:
sekret.squirrel said...

Who cares, the important question is does it count as an “Adam In 310 Goals That Really Weren't Points” point???

No.
quote:

As an act of magnanimity, may I suggest that we suspend the scoring race until Mr Clambake has recovered?

Magnanimous, but no.. you buy your ticket and you take your chances.
quote:

I had one of them things eat a pair of pants right off of me.

Perhaps it was hungry and working under the theory that a squirrel of your size would have huge nuts stored somewhere on its person....

[ PM rplumley ]   __________________
Looking for some folks to play Open League D...

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

sekret.squirrel

October 31, 2008 5:32:08 pm

Jr. Prospect

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
rplumley said...
quote:
sekret.squirrel said...
I had one of them things eat a pair of pants right off of me.

Perhaps it was hungry and working under the theory that a squirrel of your size would have huge nuts stored somewhere on its person....

I for one am relieved, but somewhat surprised, that nobody seems to want to touch this.

post.

Y'all have fun this weekend. I am out.

[ PM sekret.squirrel ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

kopykat

October 31, 2008 6:00:58 pm

Hall of Famer

Location: sure, I tell you, you tell someone else? I don't think so...
[ Link to this post ]

quote:
sekret.squirrel said...

I for one am relieved, but somewhat surprised, that nobody seems to want to touch this.

it's only because we know that you wear youth pants.

[ PM kopykat ]   __________________
some people are like slinkies...... they aren't really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

http://www.bringyuenglingtogeorgia.com reportedly coming October 27!!!

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

rplumley

October 31, 2008 6:06:45 pm

Hall of Famer

Seats 1 and 2
[ Link to this post ]

I didn't know Garanimals made hockey equipment...

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

rplumley

November 1, 2008 1:47:34 am

Hall of Famer

Seats 1 and 2
[ Link to this post ]

As of 11/01/08

NameTeamGoalsPMsAdam In 310 Goals
That Really Weren't
Kenw83Avalanche5401
PFloyd75Avalanche4201
Rangers11Avalanche2000
Sekret.SquirrelAvalanche10603
Wild ChildAvalanche0402
Mighty PucksBlackhawks0000
Stealth ChickenBlackhawks6000
FalconerBlues1001 +
Adam In 310Blues5010 +
ChigaimasuBlues2001
ClambakeBlues7000
InfernoBlues0000
SuperAnnBlues0001
ThrashtressBlues0000
ThrashergurlBruins0201
HockeyAkiFlyers1000
WhippetFlyers4000
MrsRPlumleyRangers1001
rplumleyRangers2400
GameraStars0000
NewpuckStars0200
SwamiStars1002

GoalieGamesWinsTOIGoals AllowedGAA
PFloyd7595518:30283.24
Clambake21120:0084.00

Had a really good game against the Devils tonight... got a goal and an interference penalty. Wifey got a bruise from a slapshot from one of our defensemen... then went and ran him over. Falconer got a goal tonight, but he was subbing, so a helmet sticker it is. I DID have a request for a negative helmet sticker to be given to Stealth for stacking his pads and denying and frustrating our own Thrashergurl.. but I'm not sure I want to get into giving negative helmet sticker awards... in fact, that kind of play might even be worthy of a helmet sticker... comments?

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

kopykat

November 1, 2008 12:04:10 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

I vote for a positive helmet sticker.

btw, I'm confused about something. Mrs. Plum got hit by a slapshot from one of your teammates[/] and then ran him over?

some people are like slinkies...... they aren't really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

thrashergurl

November 1, 2008 1:24:27 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
rplumley said...
As of 11/01/08

I DID have a request for a negative helmet sticker to be given to Stealth for stacking his pads and denying and frustrating our own Thrashergurl.. but I'm not sure I want to get into giving negative helmet sticker awards... in fact, that kind of play might even be worthy of a helmet sticker... comments?

If you are going to ruin my story before I even wake up then at least ruin it with some accuracy and gusto.

I had occasion on a few times last night to pause from my game ofChase the Schwanemann and play horse-shoes and hand-grenades with one Mr. Riley. It seems I was plagued all night but what I believe was a moving net. One shot above the net, three to the right, one to the left.... so with about two minutes to go we have a 3 on 1 and I catch a pass right in front of the net where I couldn't possibly miss in any direction. Even better, my left wing had pulled the goalie to his side so that I even had an unobstructed path to the back of the net. So what happens? Out of nowhere I hear a cackling laugh and look down to see the furtim pullus lay out with a head first slide stacking his pads stacking his shin guards and stymieing my much anticipated moment of glory. To take such gleeful pleasure in denying a fellow chicken a much needed goal is a violation of all that is good and right in the world and hence deserving of a negative helmet sticker.

[ PM thrashergurl ]   __________________
I hate copy-cats [not KopyKat].

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

stealth chicken

November 1, 2008 4:13:26 pm

Jr. Prospect

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
thrashergurl said...

If you are going to ruin my story before I even wake up then at least ruin it with some accuracy and gusto.

I had occasion on a few times last night to pause from my game ofChase the Schwanemann and play horse-shoes and hand-grenades with one Mr. Riley. It seems I was plagued all night but what I believe was a moving net. One shot above the net, three to the right, one to the left.... so with about two minutes to go we have a 3 on 1 and I catch a pass right in front of the net where I couldn't possibly miss in any direction. Even better, my left wing had pulled the goalie to his side so that I even had an unobstructed path to the back of the net. So what happens? Out of nowhere I hear a cackling laugh and look down to see the furtim pullus lay out with a head first slide stacking his pads stacking his shin guards and stymieing my much anticipated moment of glory. To take such gleeful pleasure in denying a fellow chicken a much needed goal is a violation of all that is good and right in the world and hence deserving of a negative helmet sticker.

See, me being on the Blackhawks is turning me evil!!

[ PM stealth chicken ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

rplumley

November 1, 2008 5:00:44 pm

Hall of Famer

Seats 1 and 2
[ Link to this post ]

quote:
stealth chicken said...

See, me being on the Blackhawks is turning me evil!!

Evil is neither created nor destroyed. What we're seeing has always been there. It's just accentuated because you're showing out to try and impress Pam.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

clambake

November 2, 2008 9:04:45 am

Ass Hamster

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
thrashergurl said...
quote:
rplumley said...
As of 11/01/08

I DID have a request for a negative helmet sticker to be given to Stealth for stacking his pads and denying and frustrating our own Thrashergurl.. but I'm not sure I want to get into giving negative helmet sticker awards... in fact, that kind of play might even be worthy of a helmet sticker... comments?

It sounds more like you are worthy of a negative Adam In 310 Goals That Really Weren't Points, since you incapable of scoring on both an open net and a prone chicken.

[ PM clambake ]   __________________
In my day we didn't ask why the chicken crossed the road. Somebody told us the chicken crossed the road, and that was good enough.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

thrashergurl

November 2, 2008 7:52:10 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
clambake said...

It sounds more like you are worthy of a negative Adam In 310 Goals That Really Weren't Points, since you incapable of scoring on both an open net and a prone chicken.

You've had the privilege of playing on a team with me in some league or other for 14 consecutive months now and should be more than a little familiar with my inability to score. A little empathy would be ok about now.

[ PM thrashergurl ]   __________________
I hate copy-cats [not KopyKat].

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

kopykat

November 3, 2008 12:34:54 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

Falconer and his shiny new stick had a goal. I believe Adam In Wherever He Feels Like Sitting had one and wait for it.................................

Inferno ripped one top shelf for his first of the season.
I think that was all Chicken scoring tonight as the Blues were able to keep Gamera off the scoresheet since Clam is out with a broken hip.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

The Falconer

November 3, 2008 1:00:00 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

The "score every game I have a new piece of hockey gear" trend continued.
New Gladiator skates on Friday = Goal
New Warrior Dolomite sticl = Goal.

Kopykat pointed out that this could become expensive if I have purchase something just to score.

I do have those Thrasher pants I have yet to wear in a game, hmmmm.

[ PM The Falconer ]   __________________
http://www.birdwatchersanonymous.com/

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

rplumley

November 3, 2008 1:22:29 am

Hall of Famer

Seats 1 and 2
[ Link to this post ]

As of 11/03/08

NameTeamGoalsPMsAdam In 310 Goals
That Really Weren't
Kenw83Avalanche5401
PFloyd75Avalanche4201
Rangers11Avalanche2000
Sekret.SquirrelAvalanche10603
Wild ChildAvalanche0402
Mighty PucksBlackhawks0000
Stealth ChickenBlackhawks6000
FalconerBlues2001 +
Adam In 310Blues6010 +
ChigaimasuBlues2001
ClambakeBlues7000
InfernoBlues1000
SuperAnnBlues0001
ThrashtressBlues0000
ThrashergurlBruins0201
HockeyAkiFlyers1000
WhippetFlyers4000
MrsRPlumleyRangers1001
rplumleyRangers2400
GameraStars0000
NewpuckStars0200
SwamiStars1002

GoalieGamesWinsTOIGoals AllowedGAA
PFloyd7595518:30283.24
Clambake21120:0084.00

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Inferno

November 3, 2008 2:03:02 am

Top Prospect

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
kopykat said...
Falconer and his shiny new stick had a goal. I believe Adam In Wherever He Feels Like Sitting had one and wait for it.................................

Inferno ripped one top shelf for his first of the season.
I think that was all Chicken scoring tonight as the Blues were able to keep Gamera off the scoresheet since Clam is out with a broken hip.

Fans, for the past two weeks you have been reading about the bad break I got. Yet today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of this earth. I have been in hockey rinks for eight months and have never received anything but kindness and encouragement from you fans.

Look at these grand men. Which of you wouldn't consider it the highlight of his career just to associate with them for even one day? Sure, I'm lucky. Who wouldn't consider it an honor to have known kopykat? Also, the builder of hockey's greatest empire, Falconer? To have spent 2 months with that wonderful little fellow, Greg Sapitowicz? Then to have spent the past 2 months with that outstanding leader, that smart student of psychology, the best defenseman in hockey today, SuperAnn? Sure, I'm lucky.

When the Stars, a team you would give your right arm to beat, and vice versa, sends you a gift - that's something. When everybody down to the refs and those boys in white coats remember you with trophies - that's something. When you have a wonderful (hypothetical) mother-in-law who takes sides with you in squabbles with her own (hypothetical) daughter - that's something. When you have a father and a mother who work all their lives so you can have an education and gain a crap load of weight - it's a blessing. When you have a (hypothetical) wife who has been a tower of strength and shown more courage than you dreamed existed - that's the finest I know.

So I close in saying that I may have had a tough break, but I have an awful lot to live for.

[ PM Inferno ]   __________________
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
The devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
He promised I would find a little solace
And some piece of mind
Whatever just as long as I don't feel so...

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Pfloyd75

November 3, 2008 8:10:48 am

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

Chalk me up for 8 goals against and A loss. Rough night in goal.

Our team was missing it's heart and soul, captain Tville. The troops were uninspired due to his absence.

[ PM Pfloyd75 ]   __________________
Bacon is proof that God loves us and wants us to consume inferior creatures.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Rangers11

November 3, 2008 8:51:33 am

Jr. Prospect

[ Link to this post ]

"How do you replace a guy like Thrasherville? You just can't. He is the heart and soul of the Team." Random quote from the post-game press conference.

I had one.

Thanks to the Flyers line for helping us out.

[ PM Rangers11 ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

kenw83

November 3, 2008 10:19:28 am

4th Line Grinder

[ Link to this post ]

Yes, Thrasherville was missing last night. The shining light, the beacon of hope, the one player we all look up to, but not pass to, left his troops to skate with no direction last night. OK, we may not look UP to him but we do look at him...

Hopefully El Capiton makes it to the rink next week so we can find our winning ways once again.

Wild Child and I had no goals but I did have 4 PIMs and she had 2 PIMs.

[ PM kenw83 ]   __________________
"Everything that guy just said is bullshit... Thank you."
V. Gambini

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Jump to page: ( 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 20  21  22  23  24  ...Last Page )
Previous Thread | Next Thread