Support the SmirkinChicken when you shop at Amazon.
SmirkinChicken Forums SmirkinChicken Forums
Log Out

Forum Jump:

Atlanta Thrashers -> Fall 2008 Rec League Scoring Race

Author  
Post Reply to this thread

Pfloyd75

September 8, 2008 3:53:58 pm

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Thrasherville said...
Props to PFlizzle with the shut out tonight for the Avs. Even more impressive considering The Falconer was playing d in front of him...

Thanks! The team in front of me really deserves the credit on this one though. The Avs played an outstanding game.

[ PM Pfloyd75 ]   __________________
Bacon is proof that God loves us and wants us to consume inferior creatures.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

The Falconer

September 8, 2008 6:41:02 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
pfloyd75 said...
quote:
Thrasherville said...
Props to PFlizzle with the shut out tonight for the Avs. Even more impressive considering The Falconer was playing d in front of him...

Thanks! The team in front of me really deserves the credit on this one though. The Avs played an outstanding game.

I had a 2nd assist and a "defenseman's shutout" but I should have had more if T'ville handn't flubbed that pass I gave him.

[ PM The Falconer ]   __________________
http://www.birdwatchersanonymous.com/

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Pfloyd75

September 8, 2008 6:51:02 pm

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
The Falconer said...
I had a 2nd assist and a "defenseman's shutout" but I should have had more if T'ville handn't flubbed that pass I gave him.

You can't really blame T'ville there- he did say a couple of times "Don't pass to me. Ever."

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Inferno

September 9, 2008 3:26:29 am

Top Prospect

[ Link to this post ]

well, after playing tonight on the 3 on 3 ice that was so brutally hard I cant even describe it, I can safely say the cooler has MUCH better quality ice. On the 3 on 3 rink i fell over 3 times w/o anyone even touching me. My skates kept hitting rut after rut after rut. They dont put any water down so there are ruts all over the**** place, and the ice is super hard which doesnt let you take strides properly. Its strange, but i think i played better in the rec game than tonight....granted thats not saying much.

[ PM Inferno ]   __________________
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
The devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
He promised I would find a little solace
And some piece of mind
Whatever just as long as I don't feel so...

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

rplumley

September 9, 2008 8:57:34 am

Hall of Famer

Seats 1 and 2
[ Link to this post ]

That's a fairly common assesment, Inferno. With the wavy boards and the wonky ice (are the areas behind each goal still banked somewhat?) it's much more difficult to skate on the little ice. It was like that when newpuck, thrashergurl, t'ville, mrsrplumley and I were in 3v3 on the Black and Bruise. However... that being said, the MIC is slowly improving things. Hopefully they're looking into getting financing for replacing their cooling system so they can get the ice back in decent shape. The good news is that it'll start getting cooler here in a month or so and the ice should start getting a little better on its own.

[ PM rplumley ]   __________________
Looking for some folks to play Open League D...

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Pfloyd75

September 9, 2008 9:33:12 am

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
rplumley said...
That's a fairly common assesment, Inferno. With the wavy boards and the wonky ice (are the areas behind each goal still banked somewhat?) it's much more difficult to skate on the little ice. It was like that when newpuck, thrashergurl, t'ville, mrsrplumley and I were in 3v3 on the Black and Bruise. However... that being said, the MIC is slowly improving things. Hopefully they're looking into getting financing for replacing their cooling system so they can get the ice back in decent shape. The good news is that it'll start getting cooler here in a month or so and the ice should start getting a little better on its own.

At least there isn't a bare spot in the ice of the little rink that goes all the way down to sand.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

THRASHERVILLE

September 9, 2008 9:35:56 am

Magically Delicious!

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
The Falconer said...
quote:
pfloyd75 said...
quote:
Thrasherville said...

That "pass" hit me right on the tape, you should know better than that.

Also, S.S and I both had goals, but I wouldn't count mine, cause I also missed a wide open net so they cancel each other out. And if the helmet stickers are for hustle Wild Child gets at least one for getting back on D and shutting down a breakaway.

[ PM THRASHERVILLE ]   __________________
When God said He would make a halfback or a fullback, He might have said Gale Sayers or He might have said Jim Brown. But when He said He would make the best football player who ever lived, He probably said Walter Payton. -Mike Ditka

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

rplumley

September 9, 2008 10:31:48 am

Hall of Famer

Seats 1 and 2
[ Link to this post ]

Fixed, just like Murphy Beans.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

clambake

September 9, 2008 2:11:51 pm

Ass Hamster

[ Link to this post ]

Nothing for me last Friday. Like my former Captain, I was unavailable.

Unlike him, I was doing a beer taste and tour at the Allagash Brewing Co. in Portland, Maine. Hell, I should get a helmet sticker just for that.

[ PM clambake ]   __________________
In my day we didn't ask why the chicken crossed the road. Somebody told us the chicken crossed the road, and that was good enough.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

adam at work

September 9, 2008 2:38:57 pm

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
clambake said...

You know, we gave all these also-rans a chance to make a statement and none did. Shame.

The race begins Sunday night.

[ PM adam at work ]   __________________
"There are three things in life that people like to stare at...A flowing stream, a crackling fire, and a Zamboni clearing the ice."

--Charlie Brown

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

kenw83

September 9, 2008 3:33:02 pm

4th Line Grinder

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
clambake said...

Unlike him, I was doing a beer taste and tour at the Allagash Brewing Co. in Portland, Maine. Hell, I should get a helmet sticker just for that.

I second the nomination.

[ PM kenw83 ]   __________________
"Everything that guy just said is bullshit... Thank you."
V. Gambini

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

kopykat

September 9, 2008 3:41:14 pm

Hall of Famer

Location: sure, I tell you, you tell someone else? I don't think so...
[ Link to this post ]

quote:
kenw83 said...

I second the nomination.

only if he brought back some "samples" otherwise, no.

[ PM kopykat ]   __________________
some people are like slinkies...... they aren't really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

http://www.bringyuenglingtogeorgia.com reportedly coming October 27!!!

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

clambake

September 9, 2008 4:48:33 pm

Ass Hamster

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
kopykat said...
quote:
kenw83 said...

I second the nomination.

only if he brought back some "samples" otherwise, no.

I did.

ABV: 10.0%

Allagash Four is brewed with four malts, four hops, four sugars and four Belgian yeast strains. During the mashing process, we add Date Sugar to the mash tun. Later, during the boil, we add Light Candi, Dark Candi, and Light Golden Molasses. After primary fermentation with the first strain of yeast, we add more Candi Sugar, and referment the beer with a secondary strain of yeast... that process is then repeated with a third strain of yeast, and finally a fourth for bottle conditioning in the cellar. The Allagash Four Ale is presented in a strikingly decorated bottle, and is truly a unique beer!

ABV: 9.5% - 10.5%

In October of 2004, we released the first beer in our series of Barrel Aged beers, Allagash Curieux. To make the Curieux (French for "curious"), we age our Tripel Ale in Jim Beam barrels for 8 weeks in our cellar. During the aging process in bourbon barrels, the beer is totally transformed, and many new flavors and aromas develop. Most notably, the beer picks up soft coconut and vanilla characteristics...and also a hint of bourbon flavor!

Can't say as they'll still be around by Sunday.

[ PM clambake ]   __________________
In my day we didn't ask why the chicken crossed the road. Somebody told us the chicken crossed the road, and that was good enough.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Wild Child

September 9, 2008 6:03:07 pm

Jr. Prospect

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Inferno said...

Speaking as a goalie- I hate it when someone screens me. Please feel free not to do so when playing against me.

If you are screening and the goalie pushes you in the back or gives you some hacks on the calves, you are doing a good job. ... not that I know anything about harrassing opposing players like that.

pushes i the back and a few hacks on the calves are acceptable...however, just for the record....NAME CALLING is not!!!

[ PM Wild Child ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

sekret.squirrel

September 9, 2008 6:10:42 pm

Jr. Prospect

[ Link to this post ]

I wasn't going to say anything but since Adam at work called us out for "not making a statement" - I had a penalty for "setting a 'moving pick'" or some such nonsense. The opposing player (who had possession of the puck at the time) on which this offence was allegedly committed was just as confused as I was. Nonetheless, I am claiming my two minutes of shame.

Oh, and since we're counting I also had two goals on Friday. Obviously Thrasherville was still delirious from being passed to so often and scoring so once.

We will look forward to also-ranning all over Adam at work and the rest of the blues on October 3rd.

[ PM sekret.squirrel ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

rplumley

September 9, 2008 6:27:00 pm

Hall of Famer

Seats 1 and 2
[ Link to this post ]

quote:
sekret.squirrel said...
Oh, and since we're counting I also had two goals on Friday. Obviously Thrasherville was still delirious from being passed to so often and scoring so once.

Those Friday goals were as a sub, right?

[ PM rplumley ]   Edited by rplumley September 9, 2008 10:32:08 am.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

rplumley

September 9, 2008 6:30:10 pm

Hall of Famer

Seats 1 and 2
[ Link to this post ]

quote:
clambake said...
"blahblahblah" Ale "blahblahblah"

Looking at the photos, the ales appear to be corked. Do they have any sort of cap I might be able to add to my virtual bottlecap collection?

Welcome back, by the way. I'm guessing you got a good trade, the girl for those ales?

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

kopykat

September 9, 2008 6:47:45 pm

Hall of Famer

Location: sure, I tell you, you tell someone else? I don't think so...
[ Link to this post ]

quote:
sekret.squirrel said...

Oh, and since we're counting I also had two goals on Friday.

2? we only had 3 goals. I had one and you had one but didn't the other center have the one off the faceoff? admittedly I wasn't paying that much attention but I thought each line had a goal.....

[ PM kopykat ]   __________________
some people are like slinkies...... they aren't really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

http://www.bringyuenglingtogeorgia.com reportedly coming October 27!!!

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

gamera

September 9, 2008 7:02:17 pm

All-Star

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
clambake said...

well i was in florida getting a sunburn....does that count?

let me guess...

[ PM gamera ]   __________________
Approach every badger with extreme care - even one which is apparently comatose may move suddenly!

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

kenw83

September 9, 2008 7:14:17 pm

4th Line Grinder

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
gamera said...
quote:
clambake said...

well i was in florida getting a sunburn....does that count?

let me guess...

Hmmm...bringing back beer compared to bringing back a sunburn... Probably not.

[ PM kenw83 ]   __________________
"Everything that guy just said is bullshit... Thank you."
V. Gambini

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Jump to page: ( 1  2  3  4  5  6 7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...Last Page )
Previous Thread | Next Thread