Support the SmirkinChicken when you shop at Amazon.
SmirkinChicken Forums SmirkinChicken Forums
Log Out

Forum Jump:

Atlanta Thrashers -> Fall 2008 Rec League Scoring Race

Author  
Post Reply to this thread

Pfloyd75

September 10, 2008 7:58:52 am

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Wild Child said...
pushes i the back and a few hacks on the calves are acceptable...however, just for the record....NAME CALLING is not!!!

I don't usually say a whole lot to the opposing players unless I know them. Then I usually have a bit of a conversation with them as I move them out of the way. The better I know them, the more interesting the conversation gets. Sure, sometimes the conversation is about their mom and the various relations that I may claim to have had with them but its all in good fun. If I don't know someone well enough to have a good laugh with them then I probably won't say much at all.

[ PM Pfloyd75 ]   __________________
Bacon is proof that God loves us and wants us to consume inferior creatures.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

kopykat

September 10, 2008 8:20:41 am

Hall of Famer

Location: sure, I tell you, you tell someone else? I don't think so...
[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Wild Child said...
pushes i the back and a few hacks on the calves are acceptable...however, just for the record....NAME CALLING is not!!!

quote:
pfloyd75 said...
I don't usually say a whole lot to the opposing players unless I know them. Then I usually have a bit of a conversation with them as I move them out of the way. The better I know them, the more interesting the conversation gets. Sure, sometimes the conversation is about their mom and the various relations that I may claim to have had with them but its all in good fun. If I don't know someone well enough to have a good laugh with them then I probably won't say much at all.

I think I know you well enough to say that you would NEVER use the name that was used against Wild Child.....

[ PM kopykat ]   __________________
some people are like slinkies...... they aren't really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

http://www.bringyuenglingtogeorgia.com reportedly coming October 27!!!

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

rplumley

September 10, 2008 9:17:03 am

Hall of Famer

Seats 1 and 2
[ Link to this post ]

quote:
kopykat said...
I think I know you well enough to say that you would NEVER use the name that was used against Wild Child.....

"Princess"?

[ PM rplumley ]   __________________
Looking for some folks to play Open League D...

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

kenw83

September 10, 2008 9:32:42 am

4th Line Grinder

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
rplumley said...
quote:
kopykat said...

"Princess"?

Yeah, something like that!!

[ PM kenw83 ]   __________________
"Everything that guy just said is bullshit... Thank you."
V. Gambini

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

kopykat

September 10, 2008 9:35:15 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
kopykat said...

quote:
rplumley said...
"Princess"?

she's not Debbie. it's the same word that a guy threw at SuperAnn (and got a match penalty for) a few seasons ago while she was defending Whippet's honor.

some people are like slinkies...... they aren't really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

adam at work

September 10, 2008 9:47:25 am

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

Serious question: what is it about that particular word that is SO offensive? It's admittedly in very poor taste, but most women have such a major hangup over it. I've never quite understood it. In my mind, it seems like pretty much the equivalent of the natural form of "bee-yotch" (damn work filters). So why is one considered so much worse than the other?

(my opinion: kenw83 should've punched the guy in the mouth regardless of which word was used).

[ PM adam at work ]   __________________
"There are three things in life that people like to stare at...A flowing stream, a crackling fire, and a Zamboni clearing the ice."

--Charlie Brown

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

kenw83

September 10, 2008 10:00:58 am

4th Line Grinder

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
adam at work said...
Serious question: what is it about that particular word that is SO offensive? It's admittedly in very poor taste, but most women have such a major hangup over it. I've never quite understood it. In my mind, it seems like pretty much the equivalent of the natural form of "bee-yotch" (damn work filters). So why is one considered so much worse than the other?

(my opinion: kenw83 should've punched the guy in the mouth regardless of which word was used).

Not that I plan on doing anything, but we do play them again...

V. Gambini

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

kopykat

September 10, 2008 10:41:57 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
adam at work said...

well, imo that word is extremely harsh, much harsher than b*tch. according to USA Hockey rules it is considered a "racial/gender slur". still though, I'm not sure it deserves a match penalty (for the record the guy apologized when he had his hearing for the match penalty) but it definitely deserves something. I've always thought c*cksucker should be treated the same way but since it's usually one guy saying it to another it rarely gets anything more than a minor penalty.
I usually stick to the more tame jack*** or ***hole if I want to throw a name out there.
(my opinion: Wild Child should've punched the guy in the mouth. I have a feeling kenw83 will be "going hard to the net" the next time we play them. )

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Wild Child

September 10, 2008 11:07:32 am

Jr. Prospect

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
rplumley said...
quote:
kopykat said...

"Princess"?

I have to admit, I've been called a lot of names, but I can't say Princess is one of them!!! On or off the ice!

[ PM Wild Child ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

rplumley

September 10, 2008 11:44:41 am

Hall of Famer

Seats 1 and 2
[ Link to this post ]

quote:
kenw83 said...
Not that I plan on doing anything, but we do play them again...

Don't forget to tell him that you're "A little bit Rock and Roll..."

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

THRASHERVILLE

September 10, 2008 12:12:05 pm

Magically Delicious!

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
kopykat said...

quote:
kopykat said...

quote:
rplumley said...
"Princess"?

she's not Debbie. it's the same word that a guy threw at SuperAnn (and got a match penalty for) a few seasons ago while she was defending Whippet's honor.

Chink?

[ PM THRASHERVILLE ]   __________________
When God said He would make a halfback or a fullback, He might have said Gale Sayers or He might have said Jim Brown. But when He said He would make the best football player who ever lived, He probably said Walter Payton. -Mike Ditka

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

kenw83

September 10, 2008 12:40:06 pm

4th Line Grinder

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Thrasherville said...
quote:
kopykat said...

quote:
kopykat said...

quote:
rplumley said...
"Princess"?

Chink?

Let me help you. It starts with "C" and rhymes with punt.

V. Gambini

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

rplumley

September 10, 2008 12:44:31 pm

Hall of Famer

Seats 1 and 2
[ Link to this post ]

quote:
kenw83 said...
quote:
Thrasherville said...
Chink?

Let me help you. It starts with "C" and rhymes with punt.

Careful. You're going to overload his synapses and make the magic smoke come out of his ears.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

THRASHERVILLE

September 10, 2008 4:04:44 pm

Magically Delicious!

[ Link to this post ]

Chaunt is archaic, and hardly an insult...

[ PM THRASHERVILLE ]   __________________
When God said He would make a halfback or a fullback, He might have said Gale Sayers or He might have said Jim Brown. But when He said He would make the best football player who ever lived, He probably said Walter Payton. -Mike Ditka

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

sekret.squirrel

September 10, 2008 8:21:13 pm

Jr. Prospect

[ Link to this post ]

Contrary to popular opinion, I can count, I just don't know my days of the week.

1 goal on Friday as a scab
2 goals on Sunday for my team (+ one odd penalty)

It is soooo difficult to keep track of all of these darn things.

[ PM sekret.squirrel ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

rplumley

September 10, 2008 10:13:28 pm

Hall of Famer

Seats 1 and 2
[ Link to this post ]

quote:
sekret.squirrel said...
Contrary to popular opinion, I can count, I just don't know my days of the week.

Corrected. It's a darned good thing you don't have a job where you have to do math.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

clambake

September 10, 2008 10:30:29 pm

Ass Hamster

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
rplumley said...
quote:
sekret.squirrel said...

Corrected. It's a darned good thing you don't have a job where you have to do math.

Damn good thing he's an expert on scabs, though.

BTW, new captain, where ever you are, I'll be running late Sunday night. My plane doesn't land until 9:36.

And no, plumster, I did much better than two bottles of Allagash for minibake. Besides them, there was a bottle of Maine Rum, three bottles of gin, one of vermouth, a pint of vanilla, and I got to sleep with Mrs. shoe (she snores, but not near as bad as him)...plus, all the lobster I could eat and a victory at Cranium with my partner, Auntie Nora (we rule!!!).

[ PM clambake ]   __________________
In my day we didn't ask why the chicken crossed the road. Somebody told us the chicken crossed the road, and that was good enough.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

rplumley

September 10, 2008 11:00:02 pm

Hall of Famer

Seats 1 and 2
[ Link to this post ]

quote:
clambake said...
BTW, new captain, where ever you are, I'll be running late Sunday night. My plane doesn't land until 9:36.

Have a good flight. Just watch out for people melting on the plane like they did on the first episode of "Fringe".

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

gamera

September 11, 2008 12:51:15 am

All-Star

[ Link to this post ]

we wanted to name our 3v3 team the ice cunts. ask stan.

[ PM gamera ]   __________________
Approach every badger with extreme care - even one which is apparently comatose may move suddenly!

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Whippet

September 12, 2008 11:32:34 am

Jr. Prospect

[ Link to this post ]

*crickets*

Okay! Who's pumped the 2nd week of Rec Glory!? I'm just glad Clam and Mr. At Work are getting back into the mix! Nothing bugs me more than Week 1 holdouts...

Oh and Chigaimasu, you have now learned the first lesson of Rec League hockey: Never listen to me on the ice.

[ PM Whippet ]   __________________
Something witty should be here, but I'm not that bright.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Jump to page: ( 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...Last Page )
Previous Thread | Next Thread