Support the SmirkinChicken when you shop at Amazon.
SmirkinChicken Forums SmirkinChicken Forums
Log Out

Forum Jump:

The Secret Board -> The cool thing about 'dawg fans....

Author  
Post Reply to this thread

Gus

October 20, 2008 11:25:49 am

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
misterjingo said...
quote:
gus said...
quote:
pacer fan said...
see also, 32-0

this is why indiana will never return to what it was. you guys are quickly becoming a bad joke ala alabama.

Someone forgot to tell Clemson and UGA.

oh come on hershal was the second coming. so what if he was fucking insane.

fwiw, vince dooley was a mediocre at best coach until he figured he could recruit buy the best illiterate players around.

[ PM Gus ]   __________________
Better to fight for something than live for nothing.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Octavius

October 20, 2008 11:29:34 am

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
michael corleone said...

I don't disagree with this, but my point is why hasn't Richt made the O-line a priority over the years. He seems to have a ton of depth in almost every other area, but a few key injuries to the O-line and they have not much to draw on.

We have discussed this before and I am not exactly genuflecting at the shrine of Richt.

Early on he did not recruit enough OL to get any type of depth (he had Seniors from the Donnan era in 2001) He did get 2 (Josh Brock and Bartley Miller) who started as Freshmen and never made it to their Junior year because of injuries.

But until Searels came to UGA from LSU (last season was his first,) I believe that OL recruits looked at the blocking scheme and saw more complications than they wanted to deal with.

Richt has made the offensive line a priority. Sturdivant, Boling, Vance and Cordy Glenn (true frosh) will likely play in the NFL. Justin Anderson has the talent... but has not shown any work ethic.

If you look at the season, the OLine has not been nearly the issue that the DLine has been. Even with a healthy Owens, this line cannot generate a pass rush without sneaking an LB into the line and bringing 5.

They also are not keeping anyone off of Ellerbe and Curran. Curran is/has been fast enough to get around most blocks, but Ellerbe has not and his injuries show it.

Side Note.

I became a fan during the 13 years I lived in Atlanta and the expectations of this fanbase are comical. Better yet are the yahoos (not Yahoo!) on the DawgVent (Unreadable) or DawgCast (two dullards whose football playing experience ended with Tecmo Bowl) who seem to believe that they have better insight into game plans than the coaches.

Now up here in Big 10 Country I see the same fans. The type that think OSU would shut down Oklahoma (They haven't seen and RB like Beanie) or arguing the SEC is no better than the Big 10 (BTW, still crapping on the PAC 10 despite repeated beatings.)

Of course idiots like this have allowed the last two BCS Championship Games to cover my heating bills February through May... so I should be kind.

Long story short... fans are idiots.

[ PM Octavius ]   __________________
"Go tell the Spartans, thou that passest by;
that here, obedient to their laws, we lie."

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

juansamuel

October 20, 2008 3:39:38 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
gus said...
quote:
pacer fan said...
quote:
gus said...
quote:
pacer fan said...
see also, 32-0

....Indiana...never return to what it was....

...a la alabama....

ORLY

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/polls

its mid october. they could lose the next 3 out of 5 games.

It's never a good idea to base an argument on possibility.

[ PM juansamuel ]   __________________
http://atlantasairforce.tumblr.com/

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Sonny Corleone

October 20, 2008 4:04:23 pm

All-Star

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Carz said...
I don't hear the accolades other than strong arm. I think Sonny is a bit biased, so any compliment of Stafford is heard as "Stafford is the best player in the NCAA.

Now, now. C'mon. I think Knowhon Moreno is great...and perhaps UNDER-rated (by the strict definition of what it means to be "underrated" and "overrated".) I think he is fantastic and deserves all the accolades he gets.

I just don't "get" Stafford. It's a great recruiting story that Richt plucked him out of Texas, I guess. Rocket arm. Great. Mea Culpa to brother Mike, but here's something from Wikipedia.
quote:
Famed American football analyst, Mel Kiper, Jr., predicted, before he ever started a game at the collegiate level, that Stafford would eventually be the first pick in the NFL draft. After the 2008 NFL Draft in late April 2008, several NFL analysts predicted Stafford would be the #1 pick in the 2009 draft if he chose to leave school after the 2008 season.

I may be proved wrong. I am certainly no expert. But, from what I've seen of him, this is absurd.

[ PM Sonny Corleone ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

El Profesor

October 20, 2008 5:03:14 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Carz said...
El Prof, are you a hidden user?

Yes, fulms.

[ PM El Profesor ]   __________________
SUPPORT GUAY PENGWIN MARRIDGE!!!

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

juansamuel

October 20, 2008 5:09:34 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Sonny Corleone said...
quote:
Carz said...
I don't hear the accolades other than strong arm. I think Sonny is a bit biased, so any compliment of Stafford is heard as "Stafford is the best player in the NCAA.

Now, now. C'mon. I think Knowhon Moreno is great...and perhaps UNDER-rated (by the strict definition of what it means to be "underrated" and "overrated".) I think he is fantastic and deserves all the accolades he gets.

I just don't "get" Stafford. It's a great recruiting story that Richt plucked him out of Texas, I guess. Rocket arm. Great. Mea Culpa to brother Mike, but here's something from Wikipedia.
quote:
Famed American football analyst, Mel Kiper, Jr., predicted, before he ever started a game at the collegiate level, that Stafford would eventually be the first pick in the NFL draft. After the 2008 NFL Draft in late April 2008, several NFL analysts predicted Stafford would be the #1 pick in the 2009 draft if he chose to leave school after the 2008 season.

I may be proved wrong. I am certainly no expert. But, from what I've seen of him, this is absurd.

If Stafford were to leave college after this season, he would be the 1st QB taken.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

michael corleone

October 20, 2008 5:14:26 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
juansamuel said...
quote:
Sonny Corleone said...
quote:
Carz said...

quote:

If Stafford were to leave college after this season, he would be the 1st QB taken.

What if he and Colt McCoy left at the same time?

[ PM michael corleone ]   __________________
“The United States does not have a security system; it has a system for bothering people.” - Israeli Air-security expert

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

juansamuel

October 20, 2008 5:16:49 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
michael corleone said...
quote:
juansamuel said...

You're right. It would be between those two. mea culpa

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

michael corleone

October 20, 2008 5:18:27 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
juansamuel said...
quote:
michael corleone said...
quote:
juansamuel said...

It was a serious question. If you were a GM, which would you choose?

[ PM michael corleone ]   __________________
“The United States does not have a security system; it has a system for bothering people.” - Israeli Air-security expert

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

juansamuel

October 20, 2008 6:30:00 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
michael corleone said...
quote:
juansamuel said...
quote:
michael corleone said...
quote:
juansamuel said...

It would be tough, but I would probably go with McCoy. He seems to be more of a complete package. I am sure there are some teams that would hold Stafford in higher regard just based on his raw ability and the chance to mold him.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

juansamuel

December 29, 2013 12:20:59 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
juansamuel said...
quote:
michael corleone said...
quote:
juansamuel said...
quote:
michael corleone said...
quote:
juansamuel said...

It would be tough, but I would probably go with McCoy. He seems to be more of a complete package. I am sure there are some teams that would hold Stafford in higher regard just based on his raw ability and the chance to mold him.

I talked myself out of it. damn

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Jump to page: ( 1  2  3 )
Previous Thread | Next Thread