Support the SmirkinChicken when you shop at Amazon.
SmirkinChicken Forums SmirkinChicken Forums
Log Out

Forum Jump:

The Secret Board -> Pre-Election Prediction Thread

Author  
Post Reply to this thread

Ridge Runner

November 4, 2008 1:39:17 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

Obama returns the opening kickoff for a TD to stun McCain. He then recovers a McCain fumble deep in McCain territory, but McCain's defense stiffens and he is forced to kick a FG. McCain then goes on a long sustained drive, but bogs down inside the Obama 5 and kicks a FG. Another good KO return puts the ball at the McCain 43 and Obama goes to the ground game and methodically marches down the field and scores another TD to make it 17-3. After an exchange of punts McCain pulls out a halfback pass and takes Obama's defense completely by surprise and scores on an 82 yard play. Obama then plays it safe and takes a knee to go into halftime up 17-10.

McCain takes the second half kickoff and marches methodically down the field, but again bogs down and has to kick a 32 yard FG. Obama is called for a penalty on the ensuing kickoff and is forced to start from his own 9 yard line. But he drives the ball steadily down the field and keeps the ball for 6:00 minutes before finally having to punt in the midfield area. McCain fumbles the punt at his own 13 yard line, where Obama recovers and scores three plays later to make it 24-13. McCain goes 3 and out on the ensuing possession and Obama gets the ball on his own 23. He then goes on a 14 play, 8 1/2 minute drive against a tiring McCain defense, but finally bogs down on the McCain 8 yard line and he kicks a chip shot FG, 27-13. McCain gets a couple of first downs but then has to punt. Figuring McCain's defense is concentrating on the run, Obama decides to throw a bomb on first down to drive the final nail in the coffin, but McCain intercepts it and returns it deep into Obama territory, where a 5 play drive puts McCain into the endzone, 27-20. Now with time running short and McCain with only one timeout left, he goes for the onside kick, which Obama recovers. Obama runs three times but doesn't get the first down and is not able to run out the clock and has to punt. McCain gets it at the 20 with 32 seconds left, he completes one pass to get to midfield, but then his second pass is INT by Obama, who then kneels to run out the clock.

[ PM Ridge Runner ]   __________________
"Ernie Borgnine had a thing for white cotton panties"

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Sonny Corleone

November 4, 2008 1:39:48 pm

All-Star

[ Link to this post ]

My Prediction: BLEAK

No matter who wins, 1/2 the country will be pissed off.

Obama wins: The road to Serfdom becomes the Autobahn. Iran does something nutty.
McCain wins: Lawsuits and Rodney King-like riots.

[ PM Sonny Corleone ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

behind the net

November 4, 2008 1:41:10 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Yail Bloor said...
quote:
Matheos said...
plus Georgia goes to a run off, giving us 4 weeks of hell

I unfortunately agree with you on this terrible terrible possibility. I'm gonna have to start only watching things I DVR.

The nightmare scenario has to be that the runoff decides the 60th seat for the Dems, although that makes it impossible for Lieberman to get kicked out of the caucus.

Everyone in the country would come down to hustle the vote, from Hannity to the Clintons.

[ PM behind the net ]   __________________
ôA woman who wildly mismanages and bankrupts a quarter-of-a-billion-dollar campaign operation, and then blames sexism in society, will dampen the dreams of our daughters.ö Maureen Dowd on Hillary Clinton 8/13

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

CheapSeats

November 4, 2008 1:42:44 pm

Miss Stake

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Behind The Net said...
quote:
Yail Bloor said...
quote:
Matheos said...

I unfortunately agree with you on this terrible terrible possibility. I'm gonna have to start only watching things I DVR.

The nightmare scenario has to be that the runoff decides the 60th seat for the Dems, although that makes it impossible for Lieberman to get kicked out of the caucus.

Everyone in the country would come down to hustle the vote, from Hannity to the Clintons.

that would be friggin AWESOME.

could we get saveups on local TV and radio commercials or something, so it would be commercial free for a couple YEARS after all the money they'd be booking?

[ PM CheapSeats ]   __________________
72 DO:{JHOPJHINS GREASTTEST TEWAM EVER MOTHER CFUCKERS!!!!
- Mangoholico

Spell check is the drunk man's penis pump. - Boatdrinks

We do not support government bailouts of private institutions. GOP 2008 platform

SnugglesTheBear

November 4, 2008 1:45:10 pm

All-Star

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
JG said...
I'm going to hockey practice then I'm going home and then I'm going to bed.

lucky biatch. i tried to get a masters lacrosse league off the ground last year. apparently, their are 8 lacrosse players > 40 in Atlanta and 7 of them would rather watch Dancing with the Stars.

[ PM SnugglesTheBear ]   __________________
"The man of great wealth owes a peculiar obligation to the state." Teddy Roosevelt

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Ridge Runner

November 4, 2008 1:45:53 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
cheapseats said...
quote:
Behind The Net said...
quote:
Yail Bloor said...
quote:
Matheos said...

that would be friggin AWESOME.

could we get saveups on local TV and radio commercials or something, so it would be commercial free for a couple YEARS after all the money they'd be booking?

From the monetary standpoint maybe, but not from the aggravation standpoint. I'm already about to the point where I want to throw a brick through my TV, I don't think I can stand several more weeks of electioneering.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Ridge Runner

November 4, 2008 1:52:34 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Nnamath said...
Keith Olberman will hang himself on air around 12:15 am. I will be asleep. Tape it for me.

For me, that's going to be one of the saddest things about the McCain defeat. I was kinda looking forward to the absolute freakout of the left. To have the usual suspects come out of the woodwork and say how we're such a racist country because we wouldn't elect a black man. Also to cry about voter fraud. But since Obama's going to win, America has taken a giant step forward, and it was all done cleanly and honestly by the shining knights of the Democratic Party. Gag.

I don't even plan on watching the returns, I normally don't watch them that much anyway, but tonight I don't think I will be able to stomach the righteous self-satisfaction. It might be fun to watch Hannity's head explode though.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

behind the net

November 4, 2008 1:57:54 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Ridge Runner said...
It might be fun to watch Hannity's **** Morris's head explode though.

If McCain's poll numbers went up every time Morris said they would, he would he sitting at 75% in the polls right now.

[ PM behind the net ]   __________________
ôA woman who wildly mismanages and bankrupts a quarter-of-a-billion-dollar campaign operation, and then blames sexism in society, will dampen the dreams of our daughters.ö Maureen Dowd on Hillary Clinton 8/13

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

THRASHERVILLE

November 4, 2008 3:08:00 pm

Magically Delicious!

[ Link to this post ]

Hey The Falconer, can we get your state by state breakdown?

[ PM THRASHERVILLE ]   __________________
When God said He would make a halfback or a fullback, He might have said Gale Sayers or He might have said Jim Brown. But when He said He would make the best football player who ever lived, He probably said Walter Payton. -Mike Ditka

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

YC

November 4, 2008 3:28:03 pm

Sweet, like a spoonful of sugared arsenic. P.S. also a Princess

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Ridge Runner said...

From the monetary standpoint maybe, but not from the aggravation standpoint. I'm already about to the point where I want to throw a brick through my TV, I don't think I can stand several more weeks of electioneering.

Ditto. That**** is driving me more crazy then I already am. And that isn't good for anyone.

[ PM YC ]   __________________
I'm not mean, you're just a sissy

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Pacer Fan

November 4, 2008 3:32:21 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Behind The Net said...
quote:
Ridge Runner said...
It might be fun to watch Hannity's **** Morris's head explode though.

If McCain's poll numbers went up every time Morris said they would, he would he sitting at 75% in the polls right now.

He said that McCain had "...just sealed the election..." when he suspended his campaign. I thought, "I wonder wtf he is smoking."

"And can I get me some."

[ PM Pacer Fan ]   __________________
"We won the election. We wrote the bill."-Nancy Pelosi

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

minotauro

November 4, 2008 3:43:22 pm

Mexitauro

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
JG said...

I'm kind of on the same boat. I have a tennis league match at 7pm somewhere up I-575. So I'll miss all the early fireworks. I should be home before 10pm though and then I'll get to watch some coverage. I highly doubt that I could get home and not tune in. I'll be too curious. Hell, I'll probably be listening to Herman Cain and/or that nutjob Savage on the way home.

[ PM minotauro ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

The Falconer

November 4, 2008 5:51:44 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
thrasherville said...
Hey The Falconer, can we get your state by state breakdown?

Obama:
ME
NH
VT
MA
RI
CT
NY
NJ
PA
DE
MD
DC
VA
NC
FL
OH
MI
WI
IN
IL
MN
IA
MO
ND
MT
CO
NM
NV
WA
OR
CA
HI

McCain:
WV
KY
TN
SC
GA
AL
MS
AR
LA
TX
OK
KS
NE
SD
WY
ID
UT
AZ
AK

[ PM The Falconer ]   __________________
http://www.birdwatchersanonymous.com/

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

CheapSeats

November 4, 2008 6:31:42 pm

Miss Stake

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
snugglesthebear said...
quote:
JG said...

lucky biatch. i tried to get a masters lacrosse league off the ground last year. apparently, their are 8 lacrosse players > 40 in Atlanta and 7 of them would rather watch Dancing with the Stars.

I don't play lacross, but I have a stick, am over 40 and would rather have my pubes ironed flat than watch dancing with the stars.

let me know if you need a 9th.

- Mangoholico

We do not support government bailouts of private institutions. GOP 2008 platform

CheapSeats

November 4, 2008 6:35:03 pm

Miss Stake

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Ridge Runner said...
quote:
Nnamath said...
Keith Olberman will hang himself on air around 12:15 am. I will be asleep. Tape it for me.

For me, that's going to be one of the saddest things about the McCain defeat. I was kinda looking forward to the absolute freakout of the left. To have the usual suspects come out of the woodwork and say how we're such a racist country because we wouldn't elect a black man. Also to cry about voter fraud. But since Obama's going to win, America has taken a giant step forward, and it was all done cleanly and honestly by the shining knights of the Democratic Party. Gag.

I don't even plan on watching the returns, I normally don't watch them that much anyway, but tonight I don't think I will be able to stomach the righteous self-satisfaction. It might be fun to watch Hannity's head explode though.

I'll be as proud of my country the 1st time we elect a black president as I will for a female president. I may not think Palin is a good VP candidate, but there are times and places for saying "you know what? YAY fucking US." election days is one of those days.

We can all disagree about this that and the other thing, but win or lose, we all live in the best fucking country on the planet.

- Mangoholico

Cortez the Killer

November 4, 2008 6:37:47 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
cheapseats said...
I'll be as proud of my country the 1st time we elect a black president as I will for a female president. I may not think Palin is a good VP candidate, but there are times and places for saying "you know what? YAY fucking US." election days is one of those days.

We can all disagree about this that and the other thing, but win or lose, we all live in the best fucking country on the planet.

Amen. Regardless of the outcome tonight, I'm a proud American.

[ PM Cortez the Killer ]   __________________
I have trouble with math and miss the point of articles.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

tvwxman

November 4, 2008 7:40:28 pm

Slacker

[ Link to this post ]

Breaking news:

Fox News reporting that Obama is winning Maine, 3 to 1....vote.

[ PM tvwxman ]   __________________
Since this is an era when many people are concerned about "fairness" and "social justice," what is your "fair share" of what someone else has worked for? -- Thomas Sowell

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Pacer Fan

November 4, 2008 7:55:03 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

Fox has called WVA and SC, but CNN hasn't.

[ PM Pacer Fan ]   __________________
"We won the election. We wrote the bill."-Nancy Pelosi

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Ridge Runner

November 4, 2008 7:55:03 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
cheapseats said...

Yes, and if Obama is elected as expected, I won't be the football fan who hopes his team loses so the coach will get fired. I won't hope that AMerica goes into a deep economic tailspin. I hope the country will thrive and prosper despite the disagreements I may have over his policies. If you look back over the history of the country, particularly in the 20th century, we've seen good economic times and bad under each party, we've seen the country taken to war under both parties, and I don't think any one party has all the answers.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

CheapSeats

November 4, 2008 7:56:26 pm

Miss Stake

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Ridge Runner said...
I don't think any one party has all the answers.

which is why divided government is a good thing, unfortunately.

- Mangoholico

Jump to page: ( 1  2  3 4  5  ...Last Page )
Previous Thread | Next Thread