Support the SmirkinChicken when you shop at Amazon.
SmirkinChicken Forums SmirkinChicken Forums
Log Out

Forum Jump:

The Secret Board -> HA - it's happening...

Author  
Post Reply to this thread

michael corleone

February 4, 2010 6:53:08 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
El Profesor said...
quote:
michael corleone said...
quote:
El Profesor said...
quote:
michael corleone said...

I'm saying that being sexually attracted to another person causes a change in behavior. In specific ways. Must I expound on this further or is it not manifestly obvious?

We already know that gays have been serving in the military since there was a military. Has it really been that big of a problem?

Not openly. That's a big difference. That behavior was muted.

So tell us how much "open attraction" you think there will be. Or do you accept the possibility that gay people could control themselves and do their jobs in the military just as well as they do in civilian jobs? I don't hear about a lot of companies going out of business because gay people can't control themselves.

I'm specifically talking about close quarters, living together, showering, etc communally. How many companies have that as part of the work place? How well would hetero guys control themselves if they showered together with women in say a fitness center? I'm not saying that all gay men can't control themselves, just as I'm sure that most hetero guys could control themselves.

[ PM michael corleone ]   __________________
“The United States does not have a security system; it has a system for bothering people.” - Israeli Air-security expert

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Carz

February 4, 2010 7:12:26 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
H.A. said...
quote:
Carz said...
I have no problems but Im more of a to each his own type. I just don't think others are. Im just in the awkward position of being politically incorrect in my opinion that we are not ready for it yet and the current system is not causing as many problems as the change will. I do hope it happens at some time in the future though.

Again, I'll draw your attention to the issue of racial integration, so you can likely ignore it once more. Blacks weren't allowed in the military because all the white soldiers were begging for them to be allowed in.

When you have the option, do the right thing, and let the consequences fall where they will.

Am I wrong in thinking that blacks were allowed in because they were needed?

[ PM Carz ]   __________________
Oh, like they knew the difference!

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Millwood

February 4, 2010 7:17:32 pm

Top Yeap

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Carz said...
quote:
H.A. said...
quote:
Carz said...
I have no problems but Im more of a to each his own type. I just don't think others are. Im just in the awkward position of being politically incorrect in my opinion that we are not ready for it yet and the current system is not causing as many problems as the change will. I do hope it happens at some time in the future though.

Again, I'll draw your attention to the issue of racial integration, so you can likely ignore it once more. Blacks weren't allowed in the military because all the white soldiers were begging for them to be allowed in.

When you have the option, do the right thing, and let the consequences fall where they will.

We were winning too many wars. Had to level the playing field.

[ PM Millwood ]   __________________
This marble I just ate is soft, chewy and sweet. It reminds me of a gumball. - Barack Obama

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Cortez the Killer

February 4, 2010 7:25:40 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
michael corleone said...
How well would hetero guys control themselves if they showered together with women in say a fitness center? I'm not saying that all gay men can't control themselves, just as I'm sure that most hetero guys could control themselves.

There are laws against rape, sexual assault, etc. As Millwood alluded to earlier, I doubt the gay servicemen and women will be the ones standing court martial due to their situation, anyway.

[ PM Cortez the Killer ]   __________________
I have trouble with math and miss the point of articles.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Cortez the Killer

February 4, 2010 7:26:17 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
michael corleone said...
I don't care either way

I think you do care one way and it's the wrong way.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

michael corleone

February 4, 2010 7:48:05 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Cortez the Killer said...
quote:
michael corleone said...
I don't care either way

You're right, I do care that we think of all the unintended consequences before we choose a way. On another level I don't care either way because this will be decided by fiat.

“The United States does not have a security system; it has a system for bothering people.” - Israeli Air-security expert

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Cortez the Killer

February 4, 2010 7:49:54 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
michael corleone said...
quote:
quote:
michael corleone said...
I don't care either way

You're right, I do care that we think of all the unintended consequences before we choose a way. On another level I don't care either way because this will be decided by fiat.

You should care that a large section of the population isn't able to protect the country because who they like to **** doesn't line up with who you think they should be fucking.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

michael corleone

February 4, 2010 7:58:39 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
quote:
michael corleone said...
quote:
quote:
michael corleone said...
I don't care either way

You should care that a large section of the population isn't able to protect the country because who they like to **** doesn't line up with who you think they should be fucking.

Yup, that's it exactly....

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

H.A.

February 4, 2010 8:00:09 pm

Amen

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Carz said...
quote:
H.A. said...
quote:
Carz said...

I haven't polled any former Marines to talk about current troop levels, but the politicians who command them are apparently sick of losing these mission-critical people.

There are apparently a disproportionate number of gay ppl in the translation sections. I don't know why we'd need translators just now though.

[ PM H.A. ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

H.A.

February 4, 2010 8:03:23 pm

Amen

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
michael corleone said...
quote:
quote:
michael corleone said...
I don't care either way

Ah... sweet, sweet stasis. The position works for you with climate change, and it works with gay rights.

We've had 17 years of looking at this. We have allies all over the western world who allow openly gay people to defend their countries. What specific studies are you looking for?

Unintended consequences can just as easily be good.

We'll overturn this, and 10 years from now, everyone will wonder what the big deal was.

[ PM H.A. ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

H.A.

February 4, 2010 8:05:00 pm

Amen

[ Link to this post ]

Where has DDF been the last couple of days? He's missed all the fun.

[ PM H.A. ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

CheapSeats

February 4, 2010 8:10:51 pm

Miss Stake

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
michael corleone said...
quote:
El Profesor said...
quote:
michael corleone said...
quote:
El Profesor said...
quote:
michael corleone said...

I'm saying that being sexually attracted to another person causes a change in behavior. In specific ways. Must I expound on this further or is it not manifestly obvious?

We already know that gays have been serving in the military since there was a military. Has it really been that big of a problem?

Not openly. That's a big difference. That behavior was muted.

So tell us how much "open attraction" you think there will be. Or do you accept the possibility that gay people could control themselves and do their jobs in the military just as well as they do in civilian jobs? I don't hear about a lot of companies going out of business because gay people can't control themselves.

I'm specifically talking about close quarters, living together, showering, etc communally. How many companies have that as part of the work place? How well would hetero guys control themselves if they showered together with women in say a fitness center? I'm not saying that all gay men can't control themselves, just as I'm sure that most hetero guys could control themselves.

this is horseshit.

if you've ever had a gym class, you've been naked around gays.

[ PM CheapSeats ]   __________________
72 DO:{JHOPJHINS GREASTTEST TEWAM EVER MOTHER CFUCKERS!!!!
- Mangoholico

Spell check is the drunk man's penis pump. - Boatdrinks

We do not support government bailouts of private institutions. GOP 2008 platform

Cortez the Killer

February 4, 2010 8:39:22 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
michael corleone said...
quote:

You should try being something other than a bigot...it's better.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Cortez the Killer

February 4, 2010 8:41:19 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
cheapseats said...
this is horseshit.

if you've ever had a gym class, you've been naked around gays.

He's an ignorant bigot. And he's trying to pass off military "expertise" on how this will impact the force with absolutely no authority or experience or service. Welcome to the past 8 years on this here internets.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

El Profesor

February 4, 2010 8:56:42 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Carz said...
quote:
H.A. said...
quote:
Carz said...

Yes.

[ PM El Profesor ]   __________________
SUPPORT GUAY PENGWIN MARRIDGE!!!

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

El Profesor

February 4, 2010 8:59:55 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
michael corleone said...
I'm specifically talking about close quarters, living together, showering, etc communally.

So now we're back to behavior that has been going on for centuries. How many military victories were lost because of gays in those close quarters, tents, showers, etc.

Oh wait...now we're supposed to believe that everything will suddenly change if they gays are allowed to say they are gay.

I think I know what a military sniper feels like now when the target keeps moving around.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

michael corleone

February 4, 2010 9:41:06 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
H.A. said...
quote:
michael corleone said...
quote:
quote:
michael corleone said...
I don't care either way

Ah... sweet, sweet stasis. The position works for you with climate change, and it works with gay rights.

We've had 17 years of looking at this. We have allies all over the western world who allow openly gay people to defend their countries. What specific studies are you looking for?

Unintended consequences can just as easily be good.

We'll overturn this, and 10 years from now, everyone will wonder what the big deal was.

Okay, fine. If other militaries have had openly gay soldiers and everything is great, then I'll buy that. I wasn't aware.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

michael corleone

February 4, 2010 9:43:30 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
quote:
michael corleone said...
quote:

You should try being something other than a bigot...it's better.

Ad hominem suits your intellect(sic).

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

michael corleone

February 4, 2010 9:47:20 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
El profesor said...
quote:
michael corleone said...
I'm specifically talking about close quarters, living together, showering, etc communally.

So now we're back to behavior that has been going on for centuries. How many military victories were lost because of gays in those close quarters, tents, showers, etc.

Oh wait...now we're supposed to believe that everything will suddenly change if they gays are allowed to say they are gay.

I think I know what a military sniper feels like now when the target keeps moving around.

You don't think there is a difference between being in that situation with people who are openly gay versus those who keep it too themselves. So you disagree with me. But that isn't good enough, you have to claim I'm shifting arguments on you. Of course I'm not, it was my point from my first post - but don't let that get in your way of a good sniper/military analogy.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

El Profesor

February 4, 2010 9:50:46 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
michael corleone said...
quote:
El profesor said...
quote:
michael corleone said...

You don't think there is a difference between being in that situation with people who are openly gay versus those who keep it too themselves. So you disagree with me. But that isn't good enough, you have to claim I'm shifting arguments on you. Of course I'm not, it was my point from my first post - but don't let that get in your way of a good sniper/military analogy.

Well, you did switch from regular gay people to "openly gay" and back again. Sorry if you don't consider that a moving target. But don't worry. We've gotten used to it.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Jump to page: ( 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...Last Page )
Previous Thread | Next Thread