Support the SmirkinChicken when you shop at Amazon.
SmirkinChicken Forums SmirkinChicken Forums
Log Out

Forum Jump:

Atlanta Thrashers -> current state of thrashers ownership...

Author  
Post Reply to this thread

psychotyc

January 21, 2011 10:00:29 pm

4th Line Grinder

[ Link to this post ]

current state of thrashers ownership...
just a for what its worth in case you hadnt heard...

the new current lawsuit against the legal firm that wrote the contract that caused the legal fiasco...
http://www.ajc.com/sports/lawsuit-thrashers-have-lost-811770.html

basically it says they have been trying to sell since 2005.

jeff schultzs commentary on such item...
http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-blog/2011/01/21/atlanta-spirit-lied-to-us-about-thrashers-go-figure/?cxntfid=blogs_jeff_schultz_blog

*sigh*
pas that i gots nothing

[ PM psychotyc ]   __________________
beer is good. more beer is more good.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Bongo

January 22, 2011 8:22:26 am

High-Class low-life

[ Link to this post ]

I hate it when I'm right all the time. That does explain the hockey on the cheap mentality.

[ PM Bongo ]   __________________
"Lord, put a handle on a simple headed man."...Waylon Jennings

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Bongo

January 22, 2011 8:44:22 am

High-Class low-life

[ Link to this post ]

Lets flood this guys mailbox with complaints.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=602896224&ref=mf&highlight=#!/profile.php?id=100001435662332

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

CheapSeats

January 23, 2011 3:03:42 pm

Miss Stake

[ Link to this post ]

Can we finally get the "fire Wadell" idiocy to go away now? Wadell has always done EXACTLY what the owners have wanted, running the team as cheaply as possible while standing up and lying for the owners about their intent.

[ PM CheapSeats ]   __________________
72 DO:{JHOPJHINS GREASTTEST TEWAM EVER MOTHER CFUCKERS!!!!
- Mangoholico

Spell check is the drunk man's penis pump. - Boatdrinks

We do not support government bailouts of private institutions. GOP 2008 platform

Cowpunk

January 23, 2011 8:26:14 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

Bongo/cheapseats:

You guys are exactly right. Ownership has demanded that the Thrashers be run with an NHL low payroll. They care only about skimping $, not winning games.

Now, try posting that sentiment on the HF boards and you will be unceremoniously run.

[ PM Cowpunk ]   __________________

There's lots of fun in Cowpunk.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

behind the net

January 23, 2011 9:03:44 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
cowpunk said...
Bongo/cheapseats:

You guys are exactly right. Ownership has demanded that the Thrashers be run with an NHL low payroll. They care only about skimping $, not winning games.

Now, try posting that sentiment on the HF boards and you will be unceremoniously run.

Only if you fucking bitch and moan about it endlessly in game day threads taking them off topic.

[ PM behind the net ]   __________________
ôA woman who wildly mismanages and bankrupts a quarter-of-a-billion-dollar campaign operation, and then blames sexism in society, will dampen the dreams of our daughters.ö Maureen Dowd on Hillary Clinton 8/13

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Cowpunk

January 23, 2011 9:52:53 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

Nice hyperbole BTN. One post about the AHL qaulity line-up that the Thrashers' braintrsut has put together amounts, in your mind, to "endless bitching?"

Good thing you are a "global moderator" over there, otherwise half your posts, pointing out the same failings, would be deleted as well.

[ PM Cowpunk ]   Edited by Cowpunk January 28, 2011 2:07:07 am.

There's lots of fun in Cowpunk.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

psychotyc

January 23, 2011 10:22:06 pm

4th Line Grinder

[ Link to this post ]

well is it just me or did tonights implosion smell like giving up?

heres the way my paranoid and highly overactive imagination got to this conclusion.
friday the lawsuit comes out late afternoon.
team wont have heard about it or much about it.
saturday yet another game day. busy with morning skate getting ready and all that. dont really have tons of time to read ppr online etc.
flight to tampa got nothing better to do read paper etc. find out. start talking about it with rest of team.

all in all wouldnt that type of story just completely demoralise ya?

[ PM psychotyc ]   __________________
beer is good. more beer is more good.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Bongo

January 24, 2011 8:47:01 am

High-Class low-life

[ Link to this post ]

If not for the fact that I've worked for some pretty stupid people, all of this would be hard to believe.

The owners want to sell the team so they slash payroll by not resigning star players, let the arena go to shit, driving away a once large and loyal fanbase in the process. Then sue their lawyers because they can't find anybody to take this shitty mess off their hands. It's like a Pauly Shore movie.

If this ends badly, the NHL will be giving the finger to the City of Atlanta once again.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

ShutUp

January 24, 2011 12:36:19 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
cowpunk said...

HFboards is a joke. The threads on the Thrashers board are created by 15 year old morons posting stupid pictures, and basement-dwelling subhumans who never actually attend the games. A very, very small fraction seems to actually understand the game of hockey. From what I've seen, if you don't post anything positive, you get chastised by these morons and the moderators will delete/edit your post.

Speaking of the moderators, do they get paid? If they aren't getting paid, then they have go to be some of the most pathetic people ever. Talk about not having a life!

I've been tempted to create an account on there in the past, but then I realized it's not worth the time arguing with children and World of Warcraft nerds who never leave their parents' basement.

[ PM ShutUp ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

COUSIN ELVIS

January 24, 2011 1:59:09 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

SO MUCH FOR ALL YOU FANS THAT HAD YOUR HIGH HOPES ON PHILLIPS DEAL THATD KEEP THE TEAM. THE ONLY THING THAT KEPT YOUR HOCKEY TEAM HERE WAS YOUR OWNERS OWN STUPIDITY. FEEL BETTER?

TAKE IT FROM A FAN OF THE NORDIQUES AND EXPOS AND RAIDERS GROWING UP.

YES YOUR OWNERS ARE VULCHERS. BUT VULCHERS ARE ONLY ATTRACTED TO PICKED OUT CARCISSES. TURNER HAD 2 OPTIONS TO UNLOAD THE TEAM BACK THEN. A USED CAR SALESMAN FROM TEXAS. AND YOUR OWNERS. AS FAR AS I CAN TELL THE ONLY GOOD THING TO EVER COME OUT OF TEXAS IS FRITO PIE, STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN AND A PLANE HEADED FOR OUT OF STATE SO CONSIDER YOUR SELFS MORE LUCKY THEN YOU CD HAVE BEEN.

[ PM COUSIN ELVIS ]   __________________
http://twitter.com/COUSINELVIS
"Do you guys have room for me in lala land??" MILLWOOD ON 16MAR10

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

COUSIN ELVIS

January 25, 2011 11:48:02 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
ShutUp said...
quote:
cowpunk said...

HFboards is a joke. The threads on the Thrashers board are created by 15 year old morons posting stupid pictures, and basement-dwelling subhumans who never actually attend the games. A very, very small fraction seems to actually understand the game of hockey. From what I've seen, if you don't post anything positive, you get chastised by these morons and the moderators will delete/edit your post.

Speaking of the moderators, do they get paid? If they aren't getting paid, then they have go to be some of the most pathetic people ever. Talk about not having a life!

I've been tempted to create an account on there in the past, but then I realized it's not worth the time arguing with children and World of Warcraft nerds who never leave their parents' basement.

INTERNET HOCKEY BOARDS ARE PRETTY SCAREY

THE POSTERS ON THEM CAN MAKE HS FOOTBALL CR00TIN JUNKYS SEEM WELL ADJUSTED AND SOCIABLE PEOPLE

THERE LIFES CONSIST MOSTLY OF IMPOSSIBLE TRADE SUGGESTIONS, SCOUTING REPORTS ABOUT UNKNOWN BUY A VOWEL PLAYERS AND CONSPEERICY THEORYS THAT MAKE NECKCAR FANS JELUS

[ PM COUSIN ELVIS ]   __________________
http://twitter.com/COUSINELVIS
"Do you guys have room for me in lala land??" MILLWOOD ON 16MAR10

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Inferno

January 25, 2011 12:11:31 pm

Top Prospect

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
COUSIN ELVIS said...
SO MUCH FOR ALL YOU FANS THAT HAD YOUR HIGH HOPES ON PHILLIPS DEAL THATD KEEP THE TEAM. THE ONLY THING THAT KEPT YOUR HOCKEY TEAM HERE WAS YOUR OWNERS OWN STUPIDITY. FEEL BETTER?

TAKE IT FROM A FAN OF THE NORDIQUES AND EXPOS AND RAIDERS GROWING UP.

YES YOUR OWNERS ARE VULCHERS. BUT VULCHERS ARE ONLY ATTRACTED TO PICKED OUT CARCISSES. TURNER HAD 2 OPTIONS TO UNLOAD THE TEAM BACK THEN. A USED CAR SALESMAN FROM TEXAS. AND YOUR OWNERS. AS FAR AS I CAN TELL THE ONLY GOOD THING TO EVER COME OUT OF TEXAS IS FRITO PIE, STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN AND A PLANE HEADED FOR OUT OF STATE SO CONSIDER YOUR SELFS MORE LUCKY THEN YOU CD HAVE BEEN.

Vulchers and Carcisses....oh my.

[ PM Inferno ]   __________________
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
The devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
He promised I would find a little solace
And some piece of mind
Whatever just as long as I don't feel so...

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Previous Thread | Next Thread