Support the SmirkinChicken when you shop at Amazon.
SmirkinChicken Forums SmirkinChicken Forums
Log Out

Forum Jump:

Atlanta Thrashers -> rant!

Author  
Post Reply to this thread

ApeKing

March 12, 2011 9:12:49 am

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

rant!
I have resigned myself that my Thrashers are not going to make the post season yet again! The thing that sucks is how they started off so promising then the fucking wheels fell off. How the **** does that happen!? There were no drastic personnel changes when the melt down began. The only thing I can think of is that they were just playing that far over their heads during the first half. The other thing that sucks is they are right on the middle of the pack therefore no groundbreaking draft picks. Draft picks are not what this team needs anyway. We need a NOW player. Also I am not impressed one bit with Coach Ramsey. Losing doesn't seem to bother him enough. I'm sure it does I mean everyone hates to lose but he sure as**** doesn't act like it is any big deal. He doesn't seem to coach with any sense of urgency or passion!

[ PM ApeKing ]   __________________

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

ihateandysutton

March 12, 2011 1:29:53 pm

Jr. Prospect

[ Link to this post ]

Yea our lack of urgency is pathetic. Hate how we seem, at least this second half, to get up a goal or two, then good ol' Goalies let in soft game tying goals, or our defense shits in the bed and we end up tied. Has to be a record of Overtime games allowed this year I swear.

I've resigned myself as well to not seeing Thrasher post-season hockey as well. Think we'll end up high enough to miss the playoffs as well as get a mediocre pick in the draft; overall a shitty year especially considering how far over our heads we were playing back at the start.

Have heard this year's draft is pretty shitty though, so I'm a bit less angsty about missing out on the top picks. Still would rather see some post season action from the Thrashers though.

[ PM ihateandysutton ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

TheDowman

March 15, 2011 10:25:44 am

Nerdroach of the sea!

[ Link to this post ]

I'm used to the mid-season meltdown by now. For 10 seasons now, the Thrashers seem to start out each season with some promise (given our overall expactations for the team), and then long about New Year's the whole team decides they're going to just phone it in each night for a month or so to treat the fans to an extended losing streak. By the time they come off it, they're long since out of the playoff picture and have begun polishing their golf clubs. Only once have they managed to scrap back to earn a playoff spot and then exiting the playoffs as quickly as possible to get back onto the links.

Through 4 different head coaches, 5 coaching changes, two GMs, two owner/owner group, and a myriad different assemblages of players of varying skill levels (from traffic cone to elite sniper), the mid-season meltdown has remained a constant, year after year after year.

I've learned to expect it.

I'm pretty sure the team is cursed.

[ PM TheDowman ]   __________________
"If there's no good reason for a law to exist, then there is a great reason for it to not exist." - H.A.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

ApeKing

March 16, 2011 8:32:04 am

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

Oh yeah and on the Thrashers official web site who ever writes the game summary head line STOP using Thrashers "EDGED" by who ever! Change it to "Thrashers CHOKE AGAIN!"
For **** sakes this is pissing me off!

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

ApeKing

March 17, 2011 6:24:18 am

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

Anyone think the boys might be choking on purpose in hopes that the team will be sold and moved? I mean if you were a Canadian kid and got drafted, traded etc to Atlanta wouldn't that be the equivalent of being sent to hockey hell?

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Pasimistic

March 18, 2011 2:18:32 am

All-Star

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
ApeKing said...
Anyone think the boys might be choking on purpose in hopes that the team will be sold and moved? I mean if you were a Canadian kid and got drafted, traded etc to Atlanta wouldn't that be the equivalent of being sent to hockey hell?

I would think being sent to Winnipeg would be worse...

[ PM Pasimistic ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

ApeKing

March 18, 2011 11:34:21 am

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

I find that VERY hard to believe!

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

ShutUp

March 18, 2011 3:49:50 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
ApeKing said...
I find that VERY hard to believe!

Winnipeg is in the middle of nowhere, had terrible attendance when the Jets were there (including under 12,000 average in their last season), has shitty year-round weather, and is incredibly small. You honestly think an NHL player (especially like the young ones on our team) would want to move there? YOU MUST BE ALL HOPPED UP ON CACTUS JUICE. GODDAMNBOY!

[ PM ShutUp ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

ApeKing

March 18, 2011 4:59:46 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

Yes but the people in Winnepeg know what hockey is unlike the people that go to Thrashers games and talk on their phones the whole game and only look up if there is a fight. Don't get me wrong I love the fights but damn!

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Pasimistic

March 18, 2011 10:53:11 pm

All-Star

[ Link to this post ]

Atlanta is probably nice for a pro to be able to go out for dinner and drink and not get mobbed. They can do whatever they want in this town (except kill somebody) and not worry about it being in the gossip column. You must have forgotten what it is like to be early 20's and you probably have no idea what fame is like at all.

[ PM Pasimistic ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

ApeKing

March 20, 2011 1:22:02 am

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

All hope is lost wait until next season! ,.................... seems to be our mantra!

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Green Hornet

March 20, 2011 2:09:45 am

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
ApeKing said...
All hope is lost wait until next season! ,.................... seems to be our mantra!

IF there is a next season.

[ PM Green Hornet ]   __________________
Let's roll, Kato!!!!

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

behind the net

March 20, 2011 8:23:00 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

And if there is a next year we come back with a coach who seems to think defense and hitting are optional.

[ PM behind the net ]   __________________
“A woman who wildly mismanages and bankrupts a quarter-of-a-billion-dollar campaign operation, and then blames sexism in society, will dampen the dreams of our daughters.” Maureen Dowd on Hillary Clinton 8/13

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Previous Thread | Next Thread