Support the SmirkinChicken when you shop at Amazon.
SmirkinChicken Forums SmirkinChicken Forums
Log Out

Forum Jump:

Atlanta Thrashers -> absolutely completely and utterly off topic

Author  
Post Reply to this thread

psychotyc

March 12, 2011 7:01:08 pm

4th Line Grinder

[ Link to this post ]

absolutely completely and utterly off topic
since i havent been near it in like 4 years... whats happened with the old ford plant off of 285 on the north side of town?

just got to thinking and started to wonder if anything had happened there since it closed.

[ PM psychotyc ]   __________________
beer is good. more beer is more good.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Green Hornet

March 13, 2011 12:38:01 am

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
psychotyc said...
since i havent been near it in like 4 years... whats happened with the old ford plant off of 285 on the north side of town?

just got to thinking and started to wonder if anything had happened there since it closed.

Are you referring to the old GM plant in Doraville? If so, I believe the city council there recently proposed an idea to turn it into a residential/retail/green space area similar to Atlantic Station. Don't know when a final vote on such a proposal will be.

[ PM Green Hornet ]   __________________
Let's roll, Kato!!!!

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

CheapSeats

March 13, 2011 5:15:53 pm

Miss Stake

[ Link to this post ]

there is also a ford plant south of town. I think it's being partially used for something. When you drive by there are some cars there. could be stripping equipment out to sell though.

[ PM CheapSeats ]   __________________
72 DO:{JHOPJHINS GREASTTEST TEWAM EVER MOTHER CFUCKERS!!!!
- Mangoholico

Spell check is the drunk man's penis pump. - Boatdrinks

We do not support government bailouts of private institutions. GOP 2008 platform

psychotyc

March 13, 2011 7:26:31 pm

4th Line Grinder

[ Link to this post ]

yeah the gm plant is the one im thinking of....

*suddenly has a beautiful green tinged pipe dream seen through rose coloured glasses*

yeah never gonna happen... plus that is dekalb county.... yeah never gonna happen....

[ PM psychotyc ]   __________________
beer is good. more beer is more good.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

kopykat

March 15, 2011 2:32:38 pm

Hall of Famer

Location: sure, I tell you, you tell someone else? I don't think so...
[ Link to this post ]

the ford plant is going to be expanded parking for the airport I think......

[ PM kopykat ]   __________________
some people are like slinkies...... they aren't really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

http://www.bringyuenglingtogeorgia.com reportedly coming October 27!!!

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

dmatos

March 18, 2011 10:15:54 am

Entropy Generator's Dad

[ Link to this post ]

I work across the street from the Ford plant on the southside.

It is gone, they removed everything and have left a vacant lot. During the Hapeville Boom a few years ago there were deals between City of Atlanta (some Hartsfield parking) and the City of Hapeville for a smaller Atlantic Steel-type redevelopment. Basically none of the anchor stores will move in until someone else moves first. There are also some issues with height restrictions since the planes come down right over that lot, so nothing higher than a few stories can be built. No one wanted to dedicate the money at the time and now that the economy has tanked everything is really on hold.

[ PM dmatos ]   __________________
Pics of the kid at g33kbaby.com or go see my flickr stream
Go buy some crap at Tanga it's like woot.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Section119

March 25, 2011 1:47:39 am

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
dmatos said...
I work across the street from the Ford plant on the southside.

It is gone, they removed everything and have left a vacant lot. During the Hapeville Boom a few years ago there were deals between City of Atlanta (some Hartsfield parking) and the City of Hapeville for a smaller Atlantic Steel-type redevelopment. Basically none of the anchor stores will move in until someone else moves first. There are also some issues with height restrictions since the planes come down right over that lot, so nothing higher than a few stories can be built. No one wanted to dedicate the money at the time and now that the economy has tanked everything is really on hold.

Thought they were running a recycling business on that site? Did it not survive the fire?

[ PM Section119 ]   __________________
The government can not give to anybody anything the government does not first take from somebody else.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Previous Thread | Next Thread