Support the SmirkinChicken when you shop at Amazon.
SmirkinChicken Forums SmirkinChicken Forums
Log Out

Forum Jump:

The Secret Board -> Obama's had a good week!

Author  
Post Reply to this thread

Matheos

April 18, 2011 2:36:11 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Festus said...
quote:
H.A. said...
quote:
Festus said...

I am sorta surprised the congressional teabaggers haven't made a fuss about this. Are they worried that one of our "journalists" will ask them what Obama should have done to keep gas prices low?

The general public doesn't think that way.....whoever is in charge is the one to blame. (See oil spill cleanup, post katrina etc. etc.)

So why are they pointing out gas prices every time someone points a microphone that way?

Who knows...you're talking politicians here. If gas prices are $5 per gallon as many are predicting at election time I'm thinking someone will bring it up.

and the same people who blamed Bush will explain why it's not Obama's fault

and the same people who explained why it wasn't Bush's fault will blame Obama

lather, rinse, repeat

[ PM Matheos ]   __________________
it's probably not too sensible for me to get loaded while I listen to "Tooth And Nail" all by myself. But I can't deny my heart: I like to drink, and I like to rock. You think I'm an idiot? Fine. You don't have to come over.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

El Profesor

April 18, 2011 2:36:59 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Festus said...
The general public doesn't think that way.....whoever is in charge is the one to blame. (See oil spill cleanup, post katrina etc. etc.)

So they're mostly dumbasses.

[ PM El Profesor ]   __________________
SUPPORT GUAY PENGWIN MARRIDGE!!!

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Festus

April 18, 2011 2:39:40 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
el profesor said...
quote:
Festus said...

So they're mostly dumbasses.

Exactly

[ PM Festus ]   __________________
No estoy usando ninguna ropa interior

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

SnugglesTheBear

April 18, 2011 2:49:17 pm

All-Star

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
H.A. said...
quote:
IPTAY FAMILY said...

As for his "good week"

I am sorta surprised the congressional teabaggers haven't made a fuss about this. Are they worried that one of our "journalists" will ask them what Obama should have done to keep gas prices low?

Yeah. Either that or they're smart enough he can't do**** about the price of oil.

[ PM SnugglesTheBear ]   __________________
"The man of great wealth owes a peculiar obligation to the state." Teddy Roosevelt

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

El Profesor

April 18, 2011 2:54:49 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Matheos said...
quote:
Festus said...
quote:
H.A. said...
quote:
Festus said...

So why are they pointing out gas prices every time someone points a microphone that way?

Who knows...you're talking politicians here. If gas prices are $5 per gallon as many are predicting at election time I'm thinking someone will bring it up.

lather, rinse, repeat

And the same people who blame everybody will continue to blame everybody.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

hoosier fan

April 18, 2011 2:58:46 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
el profesor said...
quote:
Matheos said...
quote:
Festus said...
quote:
H.A. said...
quote:
Festus said...

lather, rinse, repeat

And the same people who blame everybody will continue to blame everybody.

And ddf would have self-immolated over the Libyan invasion and Peggy Noonan, to name just one righty dood, would be defending instead of attacking it if it had happened 2.5 yrs ago.

etc., etc., etc.

If it's possible, Hannity is even MORE annoying than he used to was. Thank glub for baseball....

[ PM hoosier fan ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

El Profesor

April 18, 2011 3:03:13 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

You guys sure seem to spend a lot of time worrying about ddf.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

IPTAY FAMILY

April 18, 2011 3:06:18 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
El Profesor said...
quote:
IPTAY FAMILY said...
As for his "good week"

He's just making sure his Mooslim buddies have enough cash on hand for summer vacation.

Its summer all the time over there.

[ PM IPTAY FAMILY ]   __________________
It's not the heat. It's the stupidity.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

El Profesor

April 18, 2011 3:10:28 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
IPTAY FAMILY said...
quote:
El Profesor said...
quote:
IPTAY FAMILY said...
As for his "good week"

He's just making sure his Mooslim buddies have enough cash on hand for summer vacation.

Duh.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

IPTAY FAMILY

April 18, 2011 3:15:29 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
el profesor said...
quote:
IPTAY FAMILY said...
quote:
El Profesor said...
quote:
IPTAY FAMILY said...
As for his "good week"

Duh.

I hear kollige kids are skipping Panama City and going straight to Riyadh. Girls gone wild burqa style.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Matheos

April 18, 2011 5:07:50 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

Today, for the first time since it began rating the creditworthiness of railroad bonds in 1860, Standard and Poor’s has issued a “negative” outlook on the U.S. government.

Is the week over yet?

[ PM Matheos ]   __________________
it's probably not too sensible for me to get loaded while I listen to "Tooth And Nail" all by myself. But I can't deny my heart: I like to drink, and I like to rock. You think I'm an idiot? Fine. You don't have to come over.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

hoosier fan

April 18, 2011 5:13:41 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
el profesor said...
You guys sure seem to spend a lot of time worrying about ddf.

It's his thread. Substitute "lefty d00dz", I don't care.

[ PM hoosier fan ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

DDF

April 18, 2011 5:37:14 pm

Internet Guro

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Festus said...
quote:
H.A. said...
quote:
Festus said...

Who's predicting that? The rise is driven by speculation and I think it will go down later this year just like it did in '08.

[ PM DDF ]   __________________
‎"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

DDF

April 18, 2011 6:10:23 pm

Internet Guro

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
IPTAY FAMILY said...
quote:
ddf said...
quote:
hoosier fan said...
quote:
ddf said...
...the Republicans have given Obama an issue to run on...

Fuck all that "people are getting back to work", "Ghaddafi has been, uhmmm, well, move along, nothing to see here", "the social safety net must be preserved", "the country is moving in a better direction" bullshit, this is ddf's real bottom line.

Just calling it as I see it. This is the GOP's Waterloo.

You do realize that Obama is cutting Medicare by about the same amount over the same time don't you? And if his reform plan would actually work like he said it would, getting those on Medicare on the privates through the same mechanism he proposed for the uninsured would work. His speech on Wednesday was actually an admission, not a platform. Both ideas pretty much suck balls for Medicare sustainability.

The Republican plan is much worse because part of it involves repealing the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. At least with that in place you can't be kicked off private insurance and you can't be denied for pre-existing conditions. Under the GOP plan you get your $15,000 voucher. When that runs out you gotta pay the rest yourself.

Anyway, this page says there are no cuts in benefits for Medicare recipients.

‎"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

DDF

April 18, 2011 6:22:03 pm

Internet Guro

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Matheos said...
Today, for the first time since it began rating the creditworthiness of railroad bonds in 1860, Standard and Poor’s has issued a “negative” outlook on the U.S. government.

Is the week over yet?

And the reason for that is because tea bagger reps are talking about not raising the credit ceiling. If they **** that up it's another thing the Republicans will get blamed for.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

kio

April 19, 2011 7:37:08 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

This thread is full of "hey, look over there". Seems that nothing has changed.

I know this, gas and food are expensive. Real Estate is still down. The stock market is back to where it was before the fall, almost. So overall, I'm worse off.

[ PM kio ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

IPTAY FAMILY

April 19, 2011 8:53:29 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
ddf said...
quote:
IPTAY FAMILY said...
quote:
ddf said...
quote:
hoosier fan said...
quote:
ddf said...
...the Republicans have given Obama an issue to run on...

Fuck all that "people are getting back to work", "Ghaddafi has been, uhmmm, well, move along, nothing to see here", "the social safety net must be preserved", "the country is moving in a better direction" bullshit, this is ddf's real bottom line.

Just calling it as I see it. This is the GOP's Waterloo.

You do realize that Obama is cutting Medicare by about the same amount over the same time don't you? And if his reform plan would actually work like he said it would, getting those on Medicare on the privates through the same mechanism he proposed for the uninsured would work. His speech on Wednesday was actually an admission, not a platform. Both ideas pretty much suck balls for Medicare sustainability.

The Republican plan is much worse because part of it involves repealing the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. At least with that in place you can't be kicked off private insurance and you can't be denied for pre-existing conditions. Under the GOP plan you get your $15,000 voucher. When that runs out you gotta pay the rest yourself.

Anyway, this page says there are no cuts in benefits for Medicare recipients.

Gotdamn you are a fucking dumbass partisan hack. THe PPACA called for 500 billion dollar cuts to Medicare payments and Medicare Advantage Plans. Thats the way they are paying for 50% of the reform package. (400b in new taxes and 500b in Medicare cuts) The IPAB is also the mechanism for cutting Medicare and he proposed expanding its ability to cut payments during his speech last wednesday. Obama (and all politicans) just don't have the guts to make the cuts to the beneficiary, they make them on the back end in the form of reductions in payments. That way they can say that "benefits" weren't cut. You just cant find a doctor to take them.

And you fall for it hook, line and sinker.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

DDF

April 19, 2011 11:17:00 am

Internet Guro

[ Link to this post ]

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

kio

April 19, 2011 11:55:39 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

Dem political ad from YouTube in reply. He got you IPTAY, he really got you.

[ PM kio ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

COUSIN ELVIS

April 19, 2011 12:34:23 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

IT AINT BEENT HAT GOOD A WEEK FOR DDF THATS FOR GOT * SURE

NOT ONLY HE GOT HOOSIER FANS 76 NATIONAL CHAMPS RING STAMPED ON HIS CHEEK AGAIN, WE GOT SOME GOOD OLD LEFTY ON LEFTY CRIME GOING ON!

[ PM COUSIN ELVIS ]   __________________
http://twitter.com/COUSINELVIS
"Do you guys have room for me in lala land??" MILLWOOD ON 16MAR10

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Jump to page: ( 1  2 3  4  ...Last Page )
Previous Thread | Next Thread