Support the SmirkinChicken when you shop at Amazon.
SmirkinChicken Forums SmirkinChicken Forums
Log Out

Forum Jump:

Atlanta Thrashers -> It's been about 6 weeks since the move was announced...will you still follow the NHL?

Author  
Post Reply to this thread

AMike

July 5, 2011 8:31:40 am

I give bad gambling advice

[ Link to this post ]

It's been about 6 weeks since the move was announced...will you still follow the NHL?
The sting of the move has somewhat subsided at least for me. Don't get me wrong, I am still royally pissed off at the ASG for their bullshit. And I would like to see that their face is rubbed in this for now until eternity.

But, I was a hockey fan before the Thrashers existed and will continue to be so now that the Thrashers existence is no more. I will still subscribe to Center Ice and follow the sport. And yeah, I'll likely watch a few Winnipeg Jets games too.

[ PM AMike ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

adam at work

July 5, 2011 8:36:55 am

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

I'm having a harder time finding interest in the NHL right now. Completely ignored the draft and free agency frenzy.

I do find that I'm much more intensely interested in actually playing hockey than I was before. I'm also more closely following the Braves and upcoming NFL season (hopefully). The Hawks can suck a nut.

[ PM adam at work ]   __________________
"There are three things in life that people like to stare at...A flowing stream, a crackling fire, and a Zamboni clearing the ice."

--Charlie Brown

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Bongo

July 5, 2011 9:51:44 am

High-Class low-life

[ Link to this post ]

I wouldn't think of giving up a sport I've loved for over 35 years just because of some lying cunts in suits. I've already picked 5 or 6 Nashville games I want to attend and while tree growth in my hood has made Center Ice unattainable, I can watch games online for free.

The playoffs rocked. That was all I needed to get me over my anger and frustration.

[ PM Bongo ]   __________________
"Lord, put a handle on a simple headed man."...Waylon Jennings

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

TheBrickwall

July 5, 2011 11:00:22 am

He's a Brick...House
He's mighty mighty, just lettin' it all hang out

[ Link to this post ]

Much better games to watch online, or on Center Ice, than listening to Matt McConnell try to make a Thrashers n Panthers yawner sound exciting.

[ PM TheBrickwall ]   __________________
"We redshirt Miss Americas at Ole Miss."

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Bongo

July 5, 2011 11:43:30 am

High-Class low-life

[ Link to this post ]

Yeah I won't miss Matt and Durwood. Plus the production quality on Sportsouth sucked big time. I've seen better produced college games.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Green Hornet

July 5, 2011 1:52:59 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Bongo said...
I wouldn't think of giving up a sport I've loved for over 35 years just because of some lying cunts in suits.

Amen, brother. It won't quite be the same without my own team to root for (probably follow the Rangers, who got me through the last Atlanta NHL drought, or perhaps Nashville or Boston), but I'm not going to turn away from my favorite sport.

Granted, I didn't watch ANY of the draft (just couldn't do it. Too painful) and have paid minimal attention to free agency. But come October, I'll still tune in to whatever games are available on Versus, NHL Network and eventually NBC.

[ PM Green Hornet ]   __________________
Let's roll, Kato!!!!

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Bongo

July 5, 2011 2:14:46 pm

High-Class low-life

[ Link to this post ]

I never gave two shits about the draft anyway. Once the Stanley Cup does a lap around the rink it's baseball season.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

KnightDawg

July 5, 2011 7:22:45 pm

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

I'm such a homer that I'll just have to wait for a lost cause to catch my interest. It won't be the Jets, or the Flames or any team with that wreck named Heatley. All I can do right now is eleminate teams due to prior hate such as the Flyers, Lightning, Hurricanes - Whalers - whoever the **** they are now and of course Ottawa. Heck, I think I spent most of the playoffs rooted for the roof to fall in on the teams playing. I guess I'm bitter, but I actually miss the Flames more than the Thrash atm.

[ PM KnightDawg ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

CheapSeats

July 8, 2011 3:08:11 pm

Miss Stake

[ Link to this post ]

I was on the bruins bandwagon before this year, and I'll stay on it.

but I won't be getting center ice. gary bettman will have to suck my **** before I throw more money at the NHL.

[ PM CheapSeats ]   __________________
72 DO:{JHOPJHINS GREASTTEST TEWAM EVER MOTHER CFUCKERS!!!!
- Mangoholico

Spell check is the drunk man's penis pump. - Boatdrinks

We do not support government bailouts of private institutions. GOP 2008 platform

redTHRASH

July 9, 2011 8:42:09 am

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

I'll stick with the Jethrashers until distance issues will probably cause me to lose interest. Very sad since Thrasher hockey was my love and what i looked forward to seeing everytime they played. I will be going to detroit to see the Jethrashers play my former love on Dec 10. Otherwise i'll follow them on center ice.

[ PM redTHRASH ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Section119

July 10, 2011 9:19:26 pm

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

I will follow the former Thrashers. Hope they do well quickly so evryone will realize it was an ownership/management issue and not the players.

I am not buying anything though. Except CenterIce, its like crack man.

[ PM Section119 ]   __________________
The government can not give to anybody anything the government does not first take from somebody else.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

poliguin

July 11, 2011 7:10:32 pm

All-Star

[ Link to this post ]

Cancelled XM, won't renew center ice. About the only thing I'll do for quite some time is catch whatever game is on Versus or NBC, but that's about it. May look at going to Nashville, but I'm not so sure yet.

[ PM poliguin ]   __________________
return 'uuiiifhhaannukkulluffffcjjddwwqqk!!!'.replace(/([a-z])\1/gi, '');

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

fireball

July 14, 2011 4:58:58 am

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

I'll probably follow it a lot less....hard to get excited about it without a horse in the race and all. I'm still on that nhl fan faceoff survey thing....I'm doing my part to skew their results with my "Screw You nhl!" attitude.

[ PM fireball ]   __________________
Dave Barry for President
Yes, of the United States

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Previous Thread | Next Thread