Support the SmirkinChicken when you shop at Amazon.
SmirkinChicken Forums SmirkinChicken Forums
Log Out

Forum Jump:

Atlanta Thrashers -> Jets Hockey Board

Author  
Post Reply to this thread

J.K. Sockey

October 1, 2011 8:01:16 pm

THE Source

[ Link to this post ]

Jets Hockey Board
After inviting me to post there, my first post was locked and I was banned...
http://jetshockeyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=offtopic&action=display&thread=272

I suggest you read through some of the posts, join and wreak havoc while you can. More over-moderated than the ole Fanhome boards. You won't last long, so hit 'em heavy and hard!

http://jetshockeyforum.proboards.com

[ PM J.K. Sockey ]   __________________
TWIT ME
http://twitter.com/jksockey

LOOKSIE NEW BLOGGINGS!
http://jksockey.blogspot.com/

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Pfloyd75

October 2, 2011 4:29:34 am

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

Wow- they banned you for something that you wrote which wasn't even on their message board. How progressive.

Apparently, years without the NHL have left the denizens of Winnipeg without much of a sense of humor.

[ PM Pfloyd75 ]   __________________
Bacon is proof that God loves us and wants us to consume inferior creatures.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

CheapSeats

October 4, 2011 12:41:11 pm

Miss Stake

[ Link to this post ]

it was just a matter of time before he trolled them into oblivion.

[ PM CheapSeats ]   __________________
72 DO:{JHOPJHINS GREASTTEST TEWAM EVER MOTHER CFUCKERS!!!!
- Mangoholico

Spell check is the drunk man's penis pump. - Boatdrinks

We do not support government bailouts of private institutions. GOP 2008 platform

Bongo

October 4, 2011 1:06:53 pm

High-Class low-life

[ Link to this post ]

One of the key things that made this so much harder for me was all the attitude from Winnipeg. They lost a team through no fault of the fan base but that didn't seem to make much difference to the trolls. I like to think this is indicative of internet culture and not hockey's.

[ PM Bongo ]   __________________
"Lord, put a handle on a simple headed man."...Waylon Jennings

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

behind the net

October 4, 2011 9:49:23 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Bongo said...
One of the key things that made this so much harder for me was all the attitude from Winnipeg. They lost a team through no fault of the fan base but that didn't seem to make much difference to the trolls. I like to think this is indicative of internet culture and not hockey's.

People from Winnipeg are bitter assholes. When they lose this franchise I think I might fly up to watch the hilarity.

[ PM behind the net ]   __________________
ôA woman who wildly mismanages and bankrupts a quarter-of-a-billion-dollar campaign operation, and then blames sexism in society, will dampen the dreams of our daughters.ö Maureen Dowd on Hillary Clinton 8/13

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

CheapSeats

October 5, 2011 10:24:26 am

Miss Stake

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Bongo said...
One of the key things that made this so much harder for me was all the attitude from Winnipeg.

maybe from some peggers, but from a lot of "we invented it, it doesn't belong there" canadians.

- Mangoholico

We do not support government bailouts of private institutions. GOP 2008 platform

ShutUp

October 5, 2011 1:04:30 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
J.K. Sockey said...
After inviting me to post there, my first post was locked and I was banned...
http://jetshockeyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=offtopic&action=display&thread=272

I suggest you read through some of the posts, join and wreak havoc while you can. More over-moderated than the ole Fanhome boards. You won't last long, so hit 'em heavy and hard!

http://jetshockeyforum.proboards.com

That board looks almost as shitty as this one. Can't be any worse than HF though.

[ PM ShutUp ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

ShutUp

October 5, 2011 1:23:58 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
CheapSeats said...
quote:
Bongo said...
One of the key things that made this so much harder for me was all the attitude from Winnipeg.

maybe from some peggers, but from a lot of "we invented it, it doesn't belong there" canadians.

I was really shocked by the absolute hatred for hockey anywhere outside of "traditional" cities. Various articles, message boards, blogs, etc...just ranting about how hockey doesn't belong in the South. I couldn't believe people would invest so much time and emotion into hating hockey fans in the South. But I guess when you live a fucking frozen tundra like Winnipeg there's not much else you can do?

[ PM ShutUp ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

CheapSeats

October 6, 2011 6:08:38 pm

Miss Stake

[ Link to this post ]

I think the majority of the south haters are canadians with a napoleon complex and not real hockey fans at all.

- Mangoholico

behind the net

October 6, 2011 9:24:11 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
CheapSeats said...
I think the majority of the south haters are canadians with a napoleon complex and not real hockey fans at all.

I disagree. Canadians turn to total dicks at the mere mention of the word hockey, they have been indoctrinated with their so-called superiority in their game from birth.

[ PM behind the net ]   __________________
ôA woman who wildly mismanages and bankrupts a quarter-of-a-billion-dollar campaign operation, and then blames sexism in society, will dampen the dreams of our daughters.ö Maureen Dowd on Hillary Clinton 8/13

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

ShutUp

October 7, 2011 9:07:04 am

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Behind The Net said...
quote:
CheapSeats said...

I disagree. Canadians turn to total dicks at the mere mention of the word hockey, they have been indoctrinated with their so-called superiority in their game from birth.

I am in agreement with this statement, and it's not just because of things I've seen on the internet. Canadians in general all seem to have an inferiority complex, and it's incredibly annoying.

[ PM ShutUp ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

kopykat

October 11, 2011 12:57:11 pm

Hall of Famer

Location: sure, I tell you, you tell someone else? I don't think so...
[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Behind The Net said...

totally right.I wouldn't be surprised if all the Canadian shows are slamming Dallas after last night's mostly empty game v the Yotes. they'll avoid mentioning that the baseball team was playing in the ALCS.
I didn't watch the Jets opener but all I heard about was "the fans were going crazy, happy to have hockey back!" yeah, so were we back in '99. what's your point?

[ PM kopykat ]   __________________
some people are like slinkies...... they aren't really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

http://www.bringyuenglingtogeorgia.com reportedly coming October 27!!!

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

AMike

October 11, 2011 1:19:19 pm

I give bad gambling advice

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
kopykat said...

totally right.I wouldn't be surprised if all the Canadian shows are slamming Dallas after last night's mostly empty game v the Yotes. they'll avoid mentioning that the baseball team was playing in the ALCS.
I didn't watch the Jets opener but all I heard about was "the fans were going crazy, happy to have hockey back!" yeah, so were we back in '99. what's your point?

The Jets are guaranteed sellouts for 5 years, so if they wish to crow about that so be it. Of course they only way they could do that was to get season ticket holders to purchase multiple year packages and enable them to make payments over a 12 month period. But at the end of that 5 years when they realize what type of craptastic product they actually purchased, those sellouts will likely cease.

[ PM AMike ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Bongo

October 11, 2011 2:19:44 pm

High-Class low-life

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
AMike said...
quote:
kopykat said...

The Jets are guaranteed sellouts for 5 years, so if they wish to crow about that so be it. Of course they only way they could do that was to get season ticket holders to purchase multiple year packages and enable them to make payments over a 12 month period. But at the end of that 5 years when they realize what type of craptastic product they actually purchased, those sellouts will likely cease.

The only thing that held this team back in Atlanta was ownership. In spite of that the guys put up some good numbers the first 2.5 months of last season. This is a good core and with money and brains working behind the scenes I see the Threts only getting better.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

ShutUp

October 16, 2011 5:20:43 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

http://jetshockeyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=offtopic&action=display&thread=1199

message board wars!

[ PM ShutUp ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

CheapSeats

October 17, 2011 11:07:56 am

Miss Stake

[ Link to this post ]

since they are reading over here, I'll just say that Atlanta had a solid core of hockey fans, some southerners, mostly folks from other cities (like my wife) who decided to put her love behind her local team.

Sure hockey was going to have to grow it's audience here, but we gave a lot of tickets to my wife's clients, brought my son's birthday parties to games and introduced tons of people to an experience that they enjoyed. There was a lot of goodwill, and things were going as planned. Amateur and youth hockey exploded - until the combination of Heatley crashing and killing Snyder. We should have made the playoffs that year (the 1st year of new ownership) - and Atlanta is a bandwagon city. A winner would have done well.

Instead we followed that with a couple more bad years, and once we made the playoffs, we were swept in an ugly and heartless manner, it became clear that the owners had no interest in improving the team while suing each other and even the hardest core fans realized they were throwing good money after bad.

I'm sorry we lost the team, especially when it had a good young core of players instead of past their prime retreads who looked to be coming here for the weather and another couple paychecks.

But I'm not sorry at all that I stopped giving my money to the dickheads at ASG who stood within 20 feet of me, my wife and son and lied to us and insulted us on multiple occasions.

Those players were my players, even if their jersey ain't mine, so I wish the Jets well, even if some of their fans are doing the canadian superiority dance. But I'll be back to pulling for the Briuns and I'll only be watching hockey when it's free on cable - screw you too Gary Bettman.

- Mangoholico

Bongo

October 19, 2011 9:07:01 am

High-Class low-life

[ Link to this post ]

These poor motherfuckers are in for a long year.

http://jetshockeyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=talk&action=display&thread=1238

TNSE didn't acquire game tape from last season? What the fuck?

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

ShutUp

October 19, 2011 11:54:03 am

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Bongo said...
These poor motherfuckers are in for a long year.

http://jetshockeyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=talk&action=display&thread=1238

TNSE didn't acquire game tape from last season? What the fuck?

It appears as though nearly everyone in that thread is drunk...or 12.

[ PM ShutUp ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Bongo

October 19, 2011 12:40:04 pm

High-Class low-life

[ Link to this post ]

I heard that. I haven't been that impressed with the chat boards out of Winnipeg. I thought these were the true hockey fans.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

ShutUp

October 21, 2011 1:16:57 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

Casually browsing the sky-is-falling threads on HF Boards, I came across this wonderful post:

[QUOTE="We're not just hockey fans in Winnipeg, we're smart hockey fans. A lot of my friends make fun of sports commentators(especially on TSN for some reason) for some of the comments they make. Just way too simple analysis.

Yet we'll watch a game like the Toronto game, and recognize that we actually played very well, but still came up with a loss. That doesn't bug us as much as the loss last night.

A lot of my friends also agree, Byfuglien is fun to watch but a serious liability. A lot of fans wouldn't recognize that Byfuglien shouldn't be moving up like that except for exceptional circumstances."[/QUOTE]

This is more of that Canadian inferiority-complex nonsense. Constantly trying to prove how smart and awesome they are. That is quite possibly one of the most pathetic posts I've read on HF, and that's saying a lot. If only I felt it was necessary to have an account on there...

[ PM ShutUp ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Jump to page: ( 1 2  ...Last Page )
Previous Thread | Next Thread