Support the SmirkinChicken when you shop at Amazon.
SmirkinChicken Forums SmirkinChicken Forums
Log Out

Forum Jump:

Atlanta Thrashers -> Maybe Winnipeg will pay us to take them back

Author  
Post Reply to this thread

Holland

October 20, 2011 10:23:10 pm

lolland

[ Link to this post ]

Maybe Winnipeg will pay us to take them back

[ PM Holland ]  

Green Hornet

October 20, 2011 11:23:36 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Holland said...

Even as bad as they are, I'd STILL take 'em back in a minute (under new management, of course).

[ PM Green Hornet ]   __________________
Let's roll, Kato!!!!

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

behind the net

October 21, 2011 8:09:27 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

Good seats are still available.....seriously they are for Sat and Mon games check out Ticketmaster.

The sellout streak will end before the season is over.

[ PM behind the net ]   __________________
“A woman who wildly mismanages and bankrupts a quarter-of-a-billion-dollar campaign operation, and then blames sexism in society, will dampen the dreams of our daughters.” Maureen Dowd on Hillary Clinton 8/13

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

ShutUp

October 21, 2011 8:24:02 am

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Behind The Net said...
Good seats are still available.....seriously they are for Sat and Mon games check out Ticketmaster.

You realize both of those games are in FL, right?

[ PM ShutUp ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Bongo

October 21, 2011 9:35:52 am

High-Class low-life

[ Link to this post ]

I read they didn't receive game tape from last season. How the **** does that happen? Since most of Canada didn't give 2 shits about the Thrash till last May, most of these folks are seeing what we had to deal with for the first time. It won't make any difference though. They're so giddy right now, the Threts could go 1-81 and nobody in Winnipeg would care.

[ PM Bongo ]   __________________
"Lord, put a handle on a simple headed man."...Waylon Jennings

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

ShutUp

October 21, 2011 11:10:04 am

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Bongo said...
I read they didn't receive game tape from last season. How the **** does that happen? Since most of Canada didn't give 2 shits about the Thrash till last May, most of these folks are seeing what we had to deal with for the first time. It won't make any difference though. They're so giddy right now, the Threts could go 1-81 and nobody in Winnipeg would care.

Is that true? Holy shit.

I remember reading a lot of message board BS from Jets fans about how playing in front of a loud, "passionate" home crowd will help the Jets win more games. Certainly worked wonders for their home opener...And when they barely beat a decimated Penguins team 2-1.

[ PM ShutUp ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Bongo

October 21, 2011 12:10:21 pm

High-Class low-life

[ Link to this post ]

I have no idea if the game tape story is true or not. I saw it on that chat board. Anything's possible with ASG though. Based on comments I've read so far, these guys don't seem all that enlightened. I've already seen a Fire Noel discussion as well as some people who think Kane should be traded. Wait till they experience the Christmas Break.

[ PM Bongo ]   __________________
"Lord, put a handle on a simple headed man."...Waylon Jennings

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

behind the net

October 21, 2011 12:39:32 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
shutup said...
quote:
Behind The Net said...

???

Against the Canes and Rags, check out Ticketmaster.

[ PM behind the net ]   __________________
“A woman who wildly mismanages and bankrupts a quarter-of-a-billion-dollar campaign operation, and then blames sexism in society, will dampen the dreams of our daughters.” Maureen Dowd on Hillary Clinton 8/13

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

TheBrickwall

October 21, 2011 12:44:14 pm

He's a Brick...House
He's mighty mighty, just lettin' it all hang out

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Holland said...

Ha! **** 'em I say. Winn0peg wanted this shitsack, they can have 'em. I'm holding out for the Isles to relocate here. Or the Coyotes. Or the Blue Jackets. Or the Stars. Or............

[ PM TheBrickwall ]   __________________
"We redshirt Miss Americas at Ole Miss."

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

IrishThrasher

October 21, 2011 1:08:06 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Bongo said...
I have no idea if the game tape story is true or not. I saw it on that chat board. Anything's possible with ASG though. Based on comments I've read so far, these guys don't seem all that enlightened. I've already seen a Fire Noel discussion as well as some people who think Kane should be traded. Wait till they experience the Christmas Break.

I so hope that Winnipeg has a circus.

[ PM IrishThrasher ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

ShutUp

October 21, 2011 1:14:02 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Behind The Net said...
quote:
shutup said...
quote:
Behind The Net said...

???

Against the Canes and Rags, check out Ticketmaster.

Whoops...my ticketmaster search didn't turn up results for Winnipeg home games.

Anyway, ~70 empty seats for the first regular season Saturday game in a 15,000-seat arena isn't very impressive. If the arena were 18,000+, I'd cut them some slack, but all I've heard the past 2 years is how every home game would be a guaranteed sell out. They haven't had an NHL team in 15 years blah blah blah. So now we're 1 day away from game time, and they have 70 seats available (assuming those are the rest of the seats ticketmaster releases)? I would've figured this game would've been sold out well in advance. I guess all the people in Winnipeg who could actually afford tickets ended up buying season tickets. What a joke. It's pretty much inevitable that this team will fail again. The real question is: will the franchise fold or will they relocate?

I am currently rooting for the team to lose every game, and I enjoyed watching Ladd get his face smashed with a puck last night.

[ PM ShutUp ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

TheBrickwall

October 21, 2011 2:48:27 pm

He's a Brick...House
He's mighty mighty, just lettin' it all hang out

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
shutup said...

I am currently rooting for the team to lose every game, and I enjoyed watching Ladd get his face smashed with a puck last night.

Sorry, gotta rethink that strategy. If they lose every game or just suck enormously, they'll end up with some pretty choice lottery positioning and might luck into some really great talent. The prudent approach would be to have them reach the #88points plateau which should give them false hope for a playoff spot each and every year and far enough away from a plum lottery pick.

Suffer you bastards, suffer.

[ PM TheBrickwall ]   __________________
"We redshirt Miss Americas at Ole Miss."

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

ShutUp

October 21, 2011 3:31:31 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
THEbrickwall said...
quote:
shutup said...

Sorry, gotta rethink that strategy. If they lose every game or just suck enormously, they'll end up with some pretty choice lottery positioning and might luck into some really great talent. The prudent approach would be to have them reach the #88points plateau which should give them false hope for a playoff spot each and every year and far enough away from a plum lottery pick.

Suffer you bastards, suffer.

Even with a potential superstar pick, the Jets still have to worry about keeping a core together. Living in Winnipeg will likely get old for most of the current roster once the novelty wears off...and the winter starts. AND when the media really starts relentlessly hounding them half-way through the season when they're still last place. Plus, even if they have good drafting position every season, it won't guarantee quality NHL-caliber players. They're still run by AHL management after all.

Although I definitely agree with you - it would be nice to see them plateau at 81/82 points every season for a 10th-11th place finish.

[ PM ShutUp ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Green Hornet

October 21, 2011 5:36:41 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
Bongo said...
Wait till they experience the Christmas Break.

Ah yes, the old annual post-Christmas Collapse. Yeah, massive number of Pegger heads exploding might just be entertaining to watch.

[ PM Green Hornet ]   __________________
Let's roll, Kato!!!!

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

RoyalAir

October 21, 2011 5:45:56 pm

SheAndOnoVan's Bitch

[ Link to this post ]

I haven't watched a single minute of that bastard franchise this season, and I'm elated to hear that they still continue to suck. Thomson ruined the best thing that had ever happened to the franchise by getting rid of Dudley and replacing him with a glorified capologist in Cheveldayoff.

To all 15 of the Winnipeg lurkers that are still around this board, yeah, I'm bitter. But keep enjoying this suck fest for 12 years, and get back to us. But by then, the Threts will have already moved to Kansas City.

Thanks Bettman, and all you dickheads at ASG.I don't give a**** about hockey anymore, and it's completely your fault.

And **** you, Andrew Ladd.

[ PM RoyalAir ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

netster

October 22, 2011 2:18:17 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
royalair said...
And **** you, Andrew Ladd.

I must have missed something.. Why the anti-Ladd sentiments?

[ PM netster ]   __________________
If you mix a Lil Jon with a Lil Wayne. Do you get a full size John Wayne?

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

kopykat

October 24, 2011 12:55:53 pm

Hall of Famer

Location: sure, I tell you, you tell someone else? I don't think so...
[ Link to this post ]

quote:
netster said...

I think it was sometime around training camp but Laddy made some comments that were essentially slamming the ATL fanbase.
I will continue to cheer for Thorburn because he was the only one still with the team that actually stood up for us.

[ PM kopykat ]   __________________
some people are like slinkies...... they aren't really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

http://www.bringyuenglingtogeorgia.com reportedly coming October 27!!!

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

ShutUp

October 24, 2011 1:17:23 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
kopykat said...
quote:
netster said...

I think it was sometime around training camp but Laddy made some comments that were essentially slamming the ATL fanbase.
I will continue to cheer for Thorburn because he was the only one still with the team that actually stood up for us.

Moose and Kovy stuck up for us too, but there really aren't any other players on the active roster who were playing for the Thrashers when people were still going to the games. I don't know if they asked Jimmy his opinion? The Winnipeg media made sure to interview players who only played in ATL for 1 season (i.e. Mason and Ladd). Dicks.

Ladd sucks anyway, so I'm looking forward to a sub-par season. No way he matches his output from last season.

[ PM ShutUp ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

CheapSeats

October 24, 2011 4:41:30 pm

Miss Stake

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
shutup said...
Ladd sucks anyway, so I'm looking forward to a sub-par season. No way he matches his output from last season.

they signed him to a 5 year contract. be interesting to see how that works out for them.

[ PM CheapSeats ]   __________________
72 DO:{JHOPJHINS GREASTTEST TEWAM EVER MOTHER CFUCKERS!!!!
- Mangoholico

Spell check is the drunk man's penis pump. - Boatdrinks

We do not support government bailouts of private institutions. GOP 2008 platform

kopykat

October 25, 2011 12:43:11 pm

Hall of Famer

Location: sure, I tell you, you tell someone else? I don't think so...
[ Link to this post ]

guy can't be that bright. his wife is an eye doctor yet he was too stupid to wear a shield.

[ PM kopykat ]   __________________
some people are like slinkies...... they aren't really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

http://www.bringyuenglingtogeorgia.com reportedly coming October 27!!!

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Jump to page: ( 1 2  ...Last Page )
Previous Thread | Next Thread