Support the SmirkinChicken when you shop at Amazon.
SmirkinChicken Forums SmirkinChicken Forums
Log Out

Forum Jump:

Atlanta Thrashers -> In the spirit of Thanksgiving....

Author  
Post Reply to this thread

Bongo

November 17, 2011 2:13:23 pm

High-Class low-life

[ Link to this post ]

In the spirit of Thanksgiving....
I've been counting my blessings and eventually got around to this.

Advantages to Losing Our Hockey Team

1. Money Saved- The $440 I spent on my season ticket was used to buy some righteous sinse and a vaporizer. The money's spent on alcohol and pre-game vittles has gone into my savings account for our annual Christmas trek to the lower coast.

2. Long Term Health Benefits- 10 years of watching goalies flopping on the ice like a hooked bass in the bottom of a boat, defensemen who could only complete passes to opponents coming their way, and the patented 1 and out offense employed by Thrasher forwards can't be good for anyone interested in controlling their stress levels or blood pressure. I'm amazed I didn't have a heart attack watching Milan Hnilicka.

3. More Time With Friends and Family- Only 1 month into the season and Special K is already encouraging to go out with friends spend more time at the Club.

4. No more hockey games on SportSouth- Thrasher broadcast had the lowest production quality I have ever seen for a "professional" sports telecast. The Wisconsin Badgers games are better done. Matt McConnel was an idiot and Darren Elliot's Yoda School of Broadcasting delivery drove me nuts. If I heard "Slow to get back on defense are the Thrashers." one more time, I might have slit my wrists. I thought having to depend on VS and the NHL Network for my TV fix was gonna be rough but...

5. Carolina and Nashville Games- Now that we no longer has an NHL team, Fox Sports can televise bot Hurricanes and Predators games in the Atlanta area Carolina has been my favorite southern team since I attended their first Stanley Cup final game in 2002. Since Nashville is in the Western conference for now, this allows me to see my favorite team plus the Flames, Sharks, King, and Cannucks more often.

6. Atlanta in no Longer the Laughingstock on the NHL- I suppose that honor can go to Columbus or Winnipeg now.

There are of course some things I'm gonna miss. Jimmy Slater tripping over the blue line, Lisa, the Church Lady and her family, hangin' with my best bud Tom, Lisa, all the people I meet thanks to this bored, the hot Asian chick with the denim skirt and boots, and Lisa.

[ PM Bongo ]   Edited by Bongo November 17, 2011 6:21:50 am.

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Bongo

November 17, 2011 2:22:41 pm

High-Class low-life

[ Link to this post ]

For Christmas, maybe Poster can fix the edit feature.

[ PM Bongo ]   __________________
"Lord, put a handle on a simple headed man."...Waylon Jennings

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

CheapSeats

November 18, 2011 10:52:10 am

Miss Stake

[ Link to this post ]

After ditching the season tickets last year, I was fully prepared to not miss the Thrashers this year.

The wife was shocked that I wanted to drop Center Ice as well (fuck you Gary Bettman and NHL board of governors, I'm not paying for**** from the NHL).

I feel bad for the players who busted their asses while they were here (which was about 50% of them) and the fans who wasted time, emotion and money on a bad product. I wish the peggers luck, it's great that they have an owner with deep pockets who wants to win and cares about his city - but I'm not going to cheer for them.

I always liked the broons and started pulling for them when they got Savard and more when they got Peverly - love Tim Thomas, who's Hextal's spirit with Hasek reactions, and they get plenty of free TV love.

[ PM CheapSeats ]   __________________
72 DO:{JHOPJHINS GREASTTEST TEWAM EVER MOTHER CFUCKERS!!!!
- Mangoholico

Spell check is the drunk man's penis pump. - Boatdrinks

We do not support government bailouts of private institutions. GOP 2008 platform

DCThrasherfan

November 24, 2011 9:24:27 pm

3rd Line Checker

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
CheapSeats said...
After ditching the season tickets last year, I was fully prepared to not miss the Thrashers this year.

The wife was shocked that I wanted to drop Center Ice as well (fuck you Gary Bettman and NHL board of governors, I'm not paying for**** from the NHL).

I feel bad for the players who busted their asses while they were here (which was about 50% of them) and the fans who wasted time, emotion and money on a bad product. I wish the peggers luck, it's great that they have an owner with deep pockets who wants to win and cares about his city - but I'm not going to cheer for them.

I always liked the broons and started pulling for them when they got Savard and more when they got Peverly - love Tim Thomas, who's Hextal's spirit with Hasek reactions, and they get plenty of free TV love.

Couldn't have said it better myself except that when I finally do start watching hockey again, I think I'll be a Caps fan...

[ PM DCThrasherfan ]  

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

CheapSeats

December 2, 2011 7:40:14 pm

Miss Stake

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
dcthrasherfan said...
Couldn't have said it better myself except that when I finally do start watching hockey again, I think I'll be a Caps fan...

Ovetchkin is flat amazing.

[ PM CheapSeats ]   __________________
72 DO:{JHOPJHINS GREASTTEST TEWAM EVER MOTHER CFUCKERS!!!!
- Mangoholico

Spell check is the drunk man's penis pump. - Boatdrinks

We do not support government bailouts of private institutions. GOP 2008 platform

kopykat

December 5, 2011 11:25:13 am

Hall of Famer

Location: sure, I tell you, you tell someone else? I don't think so...
[ Link to this post ]

quote:
CheapSeats said...

Ovetchkin is flat amazing.

well, you're half right.

[ PM kopykat ]   __________________
some people are like slinkies...... they aren't really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

http://www.bringyuenglingtogeorgia.com reportedly coming October 27!!!

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Previous Thread | Next Thread