Support the SmirkinChicken when you shop at Amazon.
SmirkinChicken Forums SmirkinChicken Forums
Log Out

Forum Jump:

The Secret Board -> [sigh]

Author  
Post Reply to this thread

juansamuel

December 26, 2011 1:15:46 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

[sigh]

[ PM juansamuel ]   __________________
http://atlantasairforce.tumblr.com/

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

dylvez

December 26, 2011 1:18:41 pm

Birdshit Magnet

[ Link to this post ]

My mom gave me**** because we didn't buy out the store for the boys. Those are all reasons why we didn't.

[ PM dylvez ]   __________________
"The problem with being a self-loathing narcissist is that I hate how awesome I am."

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Delphigod

December 26, 2011 1:27:23 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

I called BS and looked up one of the people in that list, sarahhh194. Unfortunately, at least for that one, it's not made up... and it's much worse than you might imagine.

1st world problems FTL.

[ PM Delphigod ]   __________________
"The only difference between Obama and Osama is BS." - Political ad in California

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

tvwxman

December 26, 2011 1:42:33 pm

Slacker

[ Link to this post ]

They are the 99%.

[ PM tvwxman ]   __________________
Since this is an era when many people are concerned about "fairness" and "social justice," what is your "fair share" of what someone else has worked for? -- Thomas Sowell

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

CheapSeats

December 27, 2011 9:25:42 am

Miss Stake

[ Link to this post ]

this just in - lots of spoiled children (of all ages) in the world. The biggest part of the problem is the kids that a kid hangs out with (and I think divorced parents buying love is one of the worst problems).

We're lucky that most of Christian's friends, even though they're well off, have parents who want them to work and earn money. His best friend worked at summer camps and did odd jobs last year to buy a $800 digital camera, and his soccer coach insists on the kids earning at least $200 towards their jamaica trip this summer and wants them all to earn the money for their team warmups they'll have this spring so that they'll take pride in them. The kids have did a team calendar sales and ran a christmas season soccer clinic for younger kids. Christian has already earned almost $400 doing that.

My uncle has been a great influence - a couple years ago, he started encouraging Christian to save towards a car and gave him $100 as "seed money". He's saved almost all his allowance and gift money as well as doing various things to make money since. He saved enough to pay almost $700 towards the macbook we got him for school this year and has > $500 saved towards a car, over and above the jamaica money.

The boy is a natural born salesman and entrepreneur, it's awesome to see.

[ PM CheapSeats ]   __________________
72 DO:{JHOPJHINS GREASTTEST TEWAM EVER MOTHER CFUCKERS!!!!
- Mangoholico

Spell check is the drunk man's penis pump. - Boatdrinks

We do not support government bailouts of private institutions. GOP 2008 platform

Delphigod

December 27, 2011 9:34:38 am

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
CheapSeats said...
this just in - lots of spoiled children (of all ages) in the world. The biggest part of the problem is the kids that a kid hangs out with (and I think divorced parents buying love is one of the worst problems).

We're lucky that most of Christian's friends, even though they're well off, have parents who want them to work and earn money. His best friend worked at summer camps and did odd jobs last year to buy a $800 digital camera, and his soccer coach insists on the kids earning at least $200 towards their jamaica trip this summer and wants them all to earn the money for their team warmups they'll have this spring so that they'll take pride in them. The kids have did a team calendar sales and ran a christmas season soccer clinic for younger kids. Christian has already earned almost $400 doing that.

My uncle has been a great influence - a couple years ago, he started encouraging Christian to save towards a car and gave him $100 as "seed money". He's saved almost all his allowance and gift money as well as doing various things to make money since. He saved enough to pay almost $700 towards the macbook we got him for school this year and has > $500 saved towards a car, over and above the jamaica money.

The boy is a natural born salesman and entrepreneur, it's awesome to see.

Who knew CS was one of the 1%?

Great work with your kid(s) though.

As to the behavior of the sample kids in the original post, we saw the same attitude with young adults in the 80s, so it probably makes sense. Still, it sucks to see it so prevalent in social media.

[ PM Delphigod ]   __________________
"The only difference between Obama and Osama is BS." - Political ad in California

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

CheapSeats

December 27, 2011 10:10:43 am

Miss Stake

[ Link to this post ]

quote:
delphigod said...
Who knew CS was one of the 1%?

Great work with your kid(s) though.

As to the behavior of the sample kids in the original post, we saw the same attitude with young adults in the 80s, so it probably makes sense. Still, it sucks to see it so prevalent in social media.

I think we're actually the 2% or something. Regardless, anybody in the top 80% in the US is in the top .1% worldwide and none of us should forget that.

I think part of it is also facebook is a place that kids think is semi-private so they can blow off some steam and say stuff that they wouldn't actually say in front of adults. It's cool to hate your parents after all even when you don't. And we've seen some just plain rampant stupidity out of the boy and his friends on-line.

[ PM CheapSeats ]   __________________
72 DO:{JHOPJHINS GREASTTEST TEWAM EVER MOTHER CFUCKERS!!!!
- Mangoholico

Spell check is the drunk man's penis pump. - Boatdrinks

We do not support government bailouts of private institutions. GOP 2008 platform

juansamuel

December 27, 2011 5:25:30 pm

Hall of Famer

[ Link to this post ]

[ PM juansamuel ]   __________________
http://atlantasairforce.tumblr.com/

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Jack Hammer

December 27, 2011 5:57:12 pm

2nd Line Scorer

[ Link to this post ]

Well, according to the Holiday "Newsletters" from the other Mather descendants in my family, there are still those out there, nose to the grindstone, banging out those stellar grades, studying in Europe, getting Bachelor, Master, Nursing, Theology etc degrees. All of my cousins had humble beginnings, as did my mom and aunts and uncles.

My kids never told me they hated me, my planned response is ôOh really? Well get in f****ng line!ö

[ PM Jack Hammer ]   __________________
"I think that "contrarian" is "creative" for the untalented." - Dennis Miller

[ Ignore This Idiot ]

Previous Thread | Next Thread